PS in PC Gamer - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if it ain't planetside, its crap!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-06, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

i would have to disagree in that respect.... i sniper with a stealth suit would be all too powerful.

situation X:

Sniper sits in nice position atop a hill or cliff etc, picks off a few people at long range, the remaining people of the squad call in air cover. The sniper spots a mosquito on the horizon, turns on cloak and walks calmly into a nearby forrest and dissapears......

personally i think this would be unfair, even if its only for a short duration, a sniper with cloaking would have a huge advantage if he/she is discovered..... a normal sniper under these circumstances stands a far less chance of survival, an armoured mosquito and battle squad closing on your position.....
Old 2002-12-06, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I concur with morphius. However, I'm willing to change my stance if I get a massive bomber with napalm equivalent so I can carpet bomb the entire area that the sniper is hiding in. Happy cloaking, fellas.
Old 2002-12-06, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
afex
Contributor
Major

anybody that thinks there is nothing wrong with stealth+sniper is completely ignorant and i hope for all our sake that you don't get selected for beta.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
�io
Lieutenant General

Funny i never heard anybody complain about cloaked snipers in T2.

As for your example m0rph|u5 the cloaking is not a big factor there. The same exact thing could be done without it.

situation X:

Sniper sits in nice position atop a hill or cliff etc, picks off a few people at long range, the remaining people of the squad call in air cover. The mosquito arrives at the location but the sniper is already gone and moved to another spot.

The only real bad thing about having a T2 like setup(very short cloaking) would be that it would allow idiot snipers to surive longer, it makes little difference to smart snipers.

Anyway like i said i doubt the dev's will implement both together and i personally don't mind at all. Just saying it wouldn't be the end of the world either.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Dio
Funny i never heard anybody complain about cloaked snipers in T2.
well seeing as how you need an energy pack to snipe in t2, and not a cloak pack, that statement seems pretty damn ignorant to me.

the t2 devs weren't stupid either. they realized that stealth sniping is a dumb idea and shouldn't be allowed.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by afex
well seeing as how you need an energy pack to snipe in t2, and not a cloak pack, that statement seems pretty damn ignorant to me.
Dude before mouthing off and saying i'm ignorant at least check the facts. There was more than 1 sniper weapon in T2 and a few that didn't need the energy pack. Instead of spending your time insulting people on these forums try actually responding with something insightful.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Arglaar
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Dio
Dude before mouthing off and saying i'm ignorant at least check the facts. There was more than 1 sniper weapon in T2 and a few that didn't need the energy pack. Instead of spending your time insulting people on these forums try actually responding with something insightful.
Dio... in Base Tribes 2... (i.e. no mods) the only sniper rifle was the laser rifle and it required an E-Pack to fire. Therefore, you could not snipe with a Cloak pack.

There may have been mods that made new sniper type weapons and let u use them without an e-pack, but I never played them. Perhaps Shifter? or Ninjamod?
Old 2002-12-06, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

What were the other snipers? The only others I know of are in mods but most of the mods wouldn't allow people that have cloak packs use any of the snipers.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-06, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah i was obviously taking about the mods. The best thing about T2 was the mods, added a lot more flavour.

And i know Ninja had at least one sniper, dunno exactly where i used a sniper type gun with a cloak pack because of the many many mods played but i know i did.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
afex
Contributor
Major

mods
Old 2002-12-06, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

In Tribes 1 Insomniax (the mod I played) they had the IX2000 sniper rifle that didn't need an e-pack, and you could not see the bullets. It was a true sniper rifle, but to keep it from being imbalenced you only got 3 shots with it before you needed to find a remote Inv/ammo station.

I never played any T2 mods (except B++, but that doesn't really count)
Old 2002-12-06, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by afex
mods
So are you one of the few who likes Half-life more than Counterstrike or some other mod??

I've never played either but i do know counter strike is probably the most popular game ever.
Old 2002-12-06, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I never have, or never will play CS. I lost to many clan mates to it back in T1, and I hate the game for it. When I need my bomb stoping, terrorist killing fix I'll play SoF2.
Old 2002-12-06, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I'll play SoF2.
or any Tom Clancy game
Old 2002-12-06, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Dio
So are you one of the few who likes Half-life more than Counterstrike or some other mod??

I've never played either but i do know counter strike is probably the most popular game ever.
i dont play either, either (or would it be either, also?)

and the sims is the probably the most popular game ever, unfortunately.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion