Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This one time, at band camp...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

View Poll Results: Mouse: Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?
Logitech 71 66.36%
Steel Series 5 4.67%
Razor 31 28.97%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-17, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?

Based on this tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/mhigby/status/181107319852113921

Originally Posted by Higby
Any mouse maniacs have a preference between Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?
Now, to me, it's blatantly Logitech.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-17, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NCLynx
Major

Re: Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?

Logitech G5. Love this thing.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Logitech hands down for me.

Still using my years old MX518. Only within the past month or two has the scroll wheel sensor started to act up and sometimes the laser get a little funky. Years of reliable performance, ergonomics, and cost.

Will buy another Logitech once this one conks out.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
RNFB
First Sergeant

Logitech. Never tried Steel, don't really like the looks of them, and I've had bad experience with Razer keyboards(I don't even understand how you can mess one up so bad that it constantly opens up your media player) so I do not even want to try their mice.

The G500 is really great, though I'm not too fond of the thumb wrest (I can't hold it without it digging into my thumb, because I like my thumb and pinky to rest on the mousepad for maximum control because I prefer low movement and high sensitivity)

I've been trying to find something on the lines of a G500 but with a better thumb rest.

Also I would totally pay upwards of $200 each for a Vanu Sovereignty themed mouse(+pad) and keyboard with the following specifications:

Mouse:
Copy the G500 but with a flat thumb rest (so it doesn't leave indents in my thumb)

Keyboard:
Rubber dome, fairly slim, rubber-coated keys, all purple with teal backlighting, long rubber palm/wrist rest
Old 2012-03-17, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zulthus
Colonel

I have a Razer Deathadder, and the thing works perfectly for me. Not sure how long I've had it now, probably a year and a half. It's very responsive and the buttons on the side are a plus. I've used all three and I couldn't care less which brand I use though, they're all mice and they all work fine.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-03-17 at 10:53 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-17, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Logitech.

Had too many razor mice die on me after 6-8 months of use. Logitech goes strong for years. Quality products.
Old 2012-03-17, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Really
Private

Had a Logitech something-or-other for about 8 years before it died on me, now I've got a Razer Mamba cause going from wireless to wired in 2 seconds makes me happy.
Old 2012-03-17, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The Logitech MX500: the wired, ergonomic, good number of buttons, high accuracy mouse.
Whatever the heck it's called these days.

I've had an MX500, an MX510 and I think what I have now is a G5...it's rubbed off. That's ~10 years of gaming...3 years or so seems a reasonable mouse lifetime.

I don't bother with fancy keyboards. I've had this Microsoft media keyboard for as long as I can remember.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-03-17 at 11:41 PM.
Old 2012-03-17, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

Razer mice are the boss. I've used my Razer Lachesis for several years now and it's just as perfect now as it was the day I first plugged it in.

On the flip side, Razer keyboards are terrible. The keyboard I bought with the mouse stopped working correctly within 6 months. Like an idiot I bought another Razer keyboard and it, to stopped functioning within 6 months. Been rocking my Microsoft Sidewinder x4 for some time now and I love it ...
Old 2012-03-18, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Logitech G9X for me. Best mouse I have ever had. Along with all my other Logi stuff, I have all there top notch gaming stuff. G9X Mouse, G19 LCD Keyboard, and G35 surround sound 7.1 headset. Its a pretty awesome set up. Got all my LED colors changed to match blue and yellow. =)

My reason for this is, I have had all the other brands and they only last around 6 months before breaking or something going wrong with them. I have had Logitech and Saitek stuff for YEARS. (my last keyboard I had since around the time PS1 came out and just got rid of it finally, but it sitll works.

You just cant go wrong with Logitech. Yeah I like the way Razor stuff feels in my hand but there just is no durability there... it all wears out way to fast. I have replaced 2 razor mice in the year, both of which cost me around $150... this G9X is holding solid and only cost me 75.

Last edited by Synapses; 2012-03-18 at 12:14 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Between the 3, my choice is Logitech. But I just got myself a Corsair M60, and I actually like it better than the G5 that I had been using for years. Corsair is expanding into a lot of different markets, and they're really outdoing the competition. It's great.

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-03-18, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

I've got a Logitech MX518. Been the best mouse I've ever had.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kran De Loy
Captain

Sorry double post, could have sworn I hit edit..

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-03-18 at 01:02 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kran De Loy
Captain

Steelseries are decent, but they have nothing on Logitech's reliability and Razor is just complete trash now.

And yes I have personal experience with all three brands over the last 3 years.
My brother has a Steelseries that after 4 years it literally shocking him when he uses it because the plastic where he rests his palm is completely worn through like his sweat is caustic or something to it. He's currently got electric tape on it until he gets back to the US in another 2 months.

I had a Razor 3 years ago that lasted 2 months before it started bugging out of me, RMD's it three times each one lasting only 1-2 months. Eventually I just gave up and threw it in the trash.

And bought a Microsoft Sidewinder x8 which lasted about 17 months or so before my laptop would begin to stop detecting it for no reason whatsoever. Sometimes in the middle of a game.

My mother is an avid WoW player and has been using a Logitech G5 for the last 5 years and it's still got that crisp click sound when she uses it. I am also using a Logitech G500 now and it's far more comfortable than the previous mice I've used.

Edit again: I see that a decent number of people are voting Razor, but I have read scores of reveiws for the various Razor products and outside of my own experience it's all very hit or miss. Some people get a Copperhead that lasts them 3-5 years. While others complain they had to replace theirs at least once as many or as 3 or 4 times until they got one that lasted more than 1 year.
You don't hear that about Logitech.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-03-18 at 02:05 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dreamcast
Major

Microsoft...doesnt die.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum