Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't always drink beer....actually that is a lie.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-03, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Re: Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I don't have many issues with the lasher personally, at most, I might miss 1 or 2 orbs, but I usually hit everything.
Not versus me lol.. but that's cause I'm so amazing and my strafe is untouchable.

and also.... WHY in the HELL are you guys even arguining over this retarded subject. This game is dead and has been for years and will be even more in a month. Silly kids..
Old 2012-07-03, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
Not versus me lol.. but that's cause I'm so amazing and my strafe is untouchable.

and also.... WHY in the HELL are you guys even arguining over this retarded subject. This game is dead and has been for years and will be even more in a month. Silly kids..
I think this thread started in the PS2 section on how the OP hates/dislikes the lasher and doesn't want to see it return to the sequel in it's current form and the whole mess got bumped down here by some pious mod

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-07-03, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
As I'm probably the only one having mentioned warping, really guys, relax. It's like I insulted you. Not my intention.
1) I never ever mentioned lasher suffering more from warping
2) I'm not even complaining about it. Just mentionning facts.

Actually I wasn't referring to you at all, there are at least 2 people who directly complain about the lasher versus warpers. Had you been the only person to mention it, I would have quoted you directly.

You barely mentioned warping at all in your posts. Shouldn't you not be so overly defensive?

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-07-04, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Espion
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
The problem with the Lasher is that it is simply a worse MCG.

It has a longer TTK, more recoil, slower rate of fire and you basically cant strafe and shoot the thing unless you're point blank.
This isn't true for rexos, only agiles. Against agile I can't remember the exact numbers but MCG should have a slightly lower TTK if it's not near identical (7mcg shots vs 4 lasher shots iirc). And against rexo the TTK for lasher is 1.0s, and for MCG 1.33s.

The lasher has just always had problems with hit detection since the changes, and with all the lag that has continuously build up or been added by SOE via server moves and loggin, it just kept getting worse to the point where it feels like the MCG has a shorter TTK because it's less impacted by the lag (even though it still normally takes 2-3x as much shots as it should to kill someone with it now)
Old 2012-07-05, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
I'd rather use the sweeper, and i do
The Sweeper is the best CQB gun in the game, imo. it has the range and TTK to go up against the MCG, it out ranges the Jackhammer, and can also beat the Lasher. I love that there is a MA weapon that can let people go toe to toe with the HA guns.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
jakaul
Sergeant

Let's be real here, this is mostly about skill and less about weapons. This is about one empire that tends to bring more skilled players to its side to make up for the shitty weapon that we're given. I will give you a breakdown of the average player for each empire - and this is scientific fact based off of empire-ical evidence (lol, witty). I will utilize my vast knowledge of movie characters to illustrate as I question how well read most TR and NC soldiers are.

TR - You look cool with your goggles and daunting (that means scary for you NC folks) red and black colors. The MCG shoots a lot of bullets in a short amount of time, so you guys apparently think you're Jesse Ventura from Predator. You ain't got time to bleed, huh? A sexual Tyrannosaurus? You obviously ain't got time to realize distance is your friend when it comes to doing battle. While you're running forward singing tyrannical anthems blasting lead, you come into the killing zone of both other empires' HA weapons. Brawn but no brains. Wah, my TTK is so much longer than everyone else's - take it from me, who is used to being so much longer than everyone else - your TTK is only longer if you both don't miss, which means you need to play to your strengths (hint, it's the same thing that really hot chick does to you - keeps her distance). No, not having time to bleed isn't a strength. Nor are goggles. You look stupid. Two out of three empires agree.

NC - Hoooly crap. You're "rebels" with big guns and horrible aim. Fight the power, fight the tech nerds. Reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator with your big ass shotgun, sunglasses and grim expression. Boom, click, boom, click, boom, click, boo...oh hell, I died. Hey, I have an idea, why not jump in a huge suit with an even BETTER Boom Clicker and shields to make up for my horrible aim? My bullets SPREAD so there's more chance that one of the tiny bastards will hit something other than a wall! I digress since the Scat is a whole different level of stupid that belongs in a different game like Blacklight Retribution. But anyway, it's fitting that your tag line is "I'll be back" because you try to engage the other empires from 50m with your 10m ownage gun and then you scamper off to get your silly fat MAX suit. I mean, why wouldn't you need 600 armor and shields against that agile? Breaking news - the Terminator still dies. Even after he gets a Falcon because his Scat is on a timer.

VS - Here's the time I get real on this thread. The VS brings the most skilled players due to the nature of their Heavy Assault weapon. You don't really know where the orbs are going. You don't really know if they're going to register when they hit. But, you damn well know it's going to be a bad ass light show for the whole ride. People accuse us of doing the ADAD strafe while shooting pretty orbs of some crazy shit all over the immediate area. We're straight John Travolta - from our Staying Alive inspired warp, to our technological might like Battlefield Earth, all the way down to your questioning of our sexuality. You know what, we even toss in some Phenomenon with our knowledge that we're probably going to die in the very near future, but only after we Change The World (if you get that reference, bonus points). It takes skill to kill people with a weapon that's so unreliable. Especially in purple. Pew pew bitches.

In summary, the evidence above has clearly shown a distinct lack of skill on the part of TR and NC players when it comes to heavy assault weaponry. Well, NC lack of skill is kind of all around to the point you're not entirely sure why they're still performing basic human functions, but that's just getting personal.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Wahooo
Captain

/thread
Old 2012-07-05, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
legendary
Private

Originally Posted by jakaul View Post
Let's be real here, this is mostly about skill and less about weapons. This is about one empire that tends to bring more skilled players to its side to make up for the shitty weapon that we're given. I will give you a breakdown of the average player for each empire - and this is scientific fact based off of empire-ical evidence (lol, witty). I will utilize my vast knowledge of movie characters to illustrate as I question how well read most TR and NC soldiers are.

TR - You look cool with your goggles and daunting (that means scary for you NC folks) red and black colors. The MCG shoots a lot of bullets in a short amount of time, so you guys apparently think you're Jesse Ventura from Predator. You ain't got time to bleed, huh? A sexual Tyrannosaurus? You obviously ain't got time to realize distance is your friend when it comes to doing battle. While you're running forward singing tyrannical anthems blasting lead, you come into the killing zone of both other empires' HA weapons. Brawn but no brains. Wah, my TTK is so much longer than everyone else's - take it from me, who is used to being so much longer than everyone else - your TTK is only longer if you both don't miss, which means you need to play to your strengths (hint, it's the same thing that really hot chick does to you - keeps her distance). No, not having time to bleed isn't a strength. Nor are goggles. You look stupid. Two out of three empires agree.

NC - Hoooly crap. You're "rebels" with big guns and horrible aim. Fight the power, fight the tech nerds. Reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator with your big ass shotgun, sunglasses and grim expression. Boom, click, boom, click, boom, click, boo...oh hell, I died. Hey, I have an idea, why not jump in a huge suit with an even BETTER Boom Clicker and shields to make up for my horrible aim? My bullets SPREAD so there's more chance that one of the tiny bastards will hit something other than a wall! I digress since the Scat is a whole different level of stupid that belongs in a different game like Blacklight Retribution. But anyway, it's fitting that your tag line is "I'll be back" because you try to engage the other empires from 50m with your 10m ownage gun and then you scamper off to get your silly fat MAX suit. I mean, why wouldn't you need 600 armor and shields against that agile? Breaking news - the Terminator still dies. Even after he gets a Falcon because his Scat is on a timer.

VS - Here's the time I get real on this thread. The VS brings the most skilled players due to the nature of their Heavy Assault weapon. You don't really know where the orbs are going. You don't really know if they're going to register when they hit. But, you damn well know it's going to be a bad ass light show for the whole ride. People accuse us of doing the ADAD strafe while shooting pretty orbs of some crazy shit all over the immediate area. We're straight John Travolta - from our Staying Alive inspired warp, to our technological might like Battlefield Earth, all the way down to your questioning of our sexuality. You know what, we even toss in some Phenomenon with our knowledge that we're probably going to die in the very near future, but only after we Change The World (if you get that reference, bonus points). It takes skill to kill people with a weapon that's so unreliable. Especially in purple. Pew pew bitches.

In summary, the evidence above has clearly shown a distinct lack of skill on the part of TR and NC players when it comes to heavy assault weaponry. Well, NC lack of skill is kind of all around to the point you're not entirely sure why they're still performing basic human functions, but that's just getting personal.

Wall of text critical strike. Could you please articulate your message in the form of a picture please?
Old 2012-07-05, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by legendary View Post
Wall of text critical strike. Could you please articulate your message in the form of a picture please?
Old 2012-07-05, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
JayX
Private

Originally Posted by jakaul View Post
The VS brings the most skilled players due to the nature of their Heavy Assault weapon. You don't really know where the orbs are going. You don't really know if they're going to register when they hit. But, you damn well know it's going to be a bad ass light show for the whole ride.
Lmfao..
Old 2012-07-05, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ringring
Contributor
General

Best thread ever and the longest lived.

It's antecedants began on forumcide but refused tho die and migrated here. I bet this thread is already making plans, we will see it in PS2 Beta forums and then in the live forums too.

Mark my words!
Old 2012-07-05, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by infy View Post
Bro, you better come at me or die tryin' Show respect to the best player or face an early grave.
Best player... never heard of you.

Edit: I suppose I should mention the Lasher is my favorite of the three and the one I do best with overall. I'm rarely use the Jackhammer and the planets usually have to align for me to not embarrass myself with it.

I prefer in this order:

Lasher, Gauss, Pulsar, MCG, Punisher, Sweeper, Cycler, then Jackhammer.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-07-05 at 06:54 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
neonlazer
Corporal

I dont use the lasher because you have seperate ammo..gauss and MCG use the same ammo so easy to pick up MCG and go shoot..lasher..not so much..
Old 2012-07-06, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
infy
Corporal

Thumbs down Re: Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.

Originally Posted by baneblade View Post
best player... Never heard of you.

Edit: I suppose i should mention the lasher is my favorite of the three and the one i do best with overall. I'm rarely use the jackhammer and the planets usually have to align for me to not embarrass myself with it.

I prefer in this order:

Lasher, gauss, pulsar, mcg, punisher, sweeper, cycler, then jackhammer.
wow, you're the sickest troll ive seen broseph

First time ive heard someone saying they don't know the King.

I don't wan't to play in Auraxis anymore

Last edited by infy; 2012-07-06 at 07:06 AM.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by infy View Post
wow, you're the sickest troll ive seen broseph

First time ive heard someone saying they don't know the King.

I don't wan't to play in Auraxis anymore
Aww don't get butthurt over it.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion