Improvement: Legendary Battles, valhalla shall never forget such victories! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where to come when the sun is shining and you have nothing else to do.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-08-04, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Exclamation Legendary Battles, valhalla shall never forget such victories!

So recently I have been reminiscent on all the most memorable battles that had the most defining impact during my tenure in PS and I had an eureka moment after playing TW...

What if they implement a system that could log the various conflicts that take place have it where it selects the few truly awe-inspiring engagements which resulted in victory for the least prevailing force. Granted it wont be some mundane skirmish that gets logged into the book of legendary victories it should be an actual battle but one where the initial inferior force overcome a superior force.

It would entice all outfits and future outfits to be more ambitious in planning and execution in order to make a name for itself.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2011-08-04 at 06:24 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-04, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Legendary Battles, valhalla shall never forget such victories!

Cool idea. It could also log unusually large battles too. After a time we should get a rough idea of the typical 'large' battle and for battles that are like 2 standard deviations out of it those might be considered "epic" and somehow log/record them.

Hard to record though, but I'd like to see a way for those really good battles to be recorded by some means and locked forever in memory via some sort of replay editor.

Hard ot do in a sandbox world I know but I like the idea.
Old 2011-08-10, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Re: Legendary Battles, valhalla shall never forget such victories!

Someone made a mention of a role for War Correspondents in another thread? Perhaps part of this could even be player controlled?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault