New Outfits Are Pointless - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This message will take over your mind in 20 seconds.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-07, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

Wow! After that post I'd say iburnmycd is really on fire. Just not in the literal sense as his aforementioned outfit members but rather in a figurative sense.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Quard
Private

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Pardon? I've accepted long ago that we will be one of the select few outfits from PlanetSide to be relevant in PlanetSide 2 so I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at; ours is the burden of excellence after all. And if that was your attempt at a "witty" jab at me I simply have to take but one look at your "Green Day" avatar to realize that you're not only worth ignoring but probably below me on a social level as well.

With that being said I've graced this thread with my divine presence so you may now all carry on with your silly discussion.
Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. He seems to be regressing into denial.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by iburnmycd View Post
He said 'probably the worst' since when does 'probably' == 'are' or 'definitely'. Master the English language and you'll understand the difference.
That is a weak defense and is tantamount to backpedaling.

Did I say he was the worst? No, I said he isn't playing at the top of his game right now. You really are a moron aren't you?
Worst is relative, and I must be more intelligent than everyone in your outfit if you guys think I said or did anything to deserve your trolling.

You are the one that has been arguing about the weakest link and how the whole outfit suffers from one (or a few) less than stellar players.
Obviously you aren't as smart as you think you are. All I said was the chain is only as strong as the weakest link. You guys automatically considered them to be your weakest link without any prompting from me. If you don't see how that is on you, then we can't be peers. I respect my members more than that.

I suggest you read your own posts; You are the one preaching to stop new outfits because PS1 vets have it 'on the lockdown', which translates to "you are new, you don't belong" and is basically the definition of intolerance.
Point out to me where I said any such thing.

You don't like that JP brought up our handicapped member (who is quite pissed that you want to see him cut from the outfit) in defense of the weak?
I made no such statements.

We've accepted him and love playing with him, why are you so angry?
Then why are you still talking? Because you either do or you don't consider him to be your worst player. One one hand you say he is, but then you say he isn't. Worst is relative you ignorant troll.

Maybe you didn't see the memo:

Of course we're going to take the issue seriously. We're insulted that you even suggested that the outfit is only as good as it's weakest link.
How is it not?

If we applied that thinking everywhere, we would have to kill you off because you're pretty low on the IQ scale and you are weakening the entire gene pool.
It isn't my misunderstanding and/or intolerance that sparked this. Look in the mirror.

Don't be sorry, they were on Teamspeak last night and approved our use of their situation (he was pissed about your post). Since we failed to mention names, their identities are protected and you can't harass them.
Okay, so he agrees with all of you, that doesn't make my statement wrong, insensitive, or intolerant. That just means you all have the same problem.

Your narrow-mindedness is disgusting as such intolerance is the reason one of the members is in the burn unit. They'll be happy to kick your ass in game and would love to have the chance to show you that no matter how weak a player may be, they still deserve respect.
My name is Baneblade. I'll happily fight you guys, just don't bring your ignorance and self loathing with you.

Old 2012-07-07, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

That was a pretty sick burn Baneblade! This thread has really become a flame war!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-07, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Just posted what I found. As far as I know, that's just an old screenshot someone took and put online. If I goofed any math, woops, but I believe that's all right. Unfortunately the point cap means that, at this point, the leaderboards are entirely useless to us.

Just to increase the sample sizes, here's another screenshot from the same user labled October 3rd
Good find, except that I don't think it's October 3rd. I think it says October of '03. And -PAW- did not carry on strong into '04 because I remember we took in a few of their best players (RavenUSC3 and Animagic).

I see my outfit (Liberty) on both lists. Seems about right for Oct of 2003.

Here's a few caveats for the numbers to consider when making calculations of efficiency:

The Enclave is also NC on the first picture (originally TR), so efficiency is not well calculated for them as their outfit points were wiped when they switched factions. If there are other shots perhaps there's one before they switched.

Ahriman Corps and Liberty both don't show up in the # of outfit members listing because we had way fewer members than our peers on that list - by about an order of magnitude. In terms of outfit point efficiency these two outfits are the ones you will see at the top.

And of course people who effectively prune their outfit of inactive members will score higher on efficiency ratings, so I wouldn't read too much into that. AT's high member count is most likely due to a lack of roster housekeeping.

Sturmgrenadier's overall impact and efficiency is quite striking. As I've said many times before they were the workhorse of the NC, and from those two leaderboards they left the entire server in the dust.
Old 2012-07-07, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
SouthernGoods
Corporal

Originally Posted by iburnmycd View Post

He said 'probably the worst' since when does 'probably' == 'are' or 'definitely'. Master the English language and you'll understand the difference.

Lol and you call baneblade an idiot ahahahaha

prob·a·bly [ próbbəblee ]
as is likely: as is likely or to be expected
Synonyms: almost certainly, most likely, in all probability, doubtless, undoubtedly

So when he used the word probably he was basically saying "yea these players in the burn unit are mostly our worst players" how about you master the English language man lol
Old 2012-07-07, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
USD
Private

Geez it's like Colorado in here.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Jeepo
Corporal

Just catching up on this. I don't know, maybe in the grand scheme they will be useless. However let me tell you of my own current position and why I want to be involved in making an outfit.

I have played online games for many years, starting way back with the original Operation Flashpoint. I spent many MANY years playing the Project Reality mod for BF2, in fact I still play it. That game promoted the best teamwork I have ever enjoyed online. I never sadly got into PS1, but PS2 is exciting me due to the levels of teamwork it promotes and the command features.

Through my love of PR I found the community I am affiliated with, http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content/ and I joined a squad internally. To give you some perspective on the TG community, there are over 25,000 members on the forums, and a huge number of games promoted. A lot of our members are testers and devs for games and mods, however not many of us played the original PS1 and while there are faction loyalties there are not outfit loyalties. So, interest is growing on the site, and factions are being decided. So naturally our next step would be to get an outfit. This game will be around for a long time, so even if an outfit only starts out with 15 people, it will be a great investment in our time and our community. There are relationships founded there over the last decade, players and friends who I want to game with in PS2, players that are tactically excellent and know my moves. And yes, hopefully new players who come in and like how we roll.

So I guess I see outfits as the perfect opportunity to continue those relationships, and a great chance to meet new people and communities, and found new gaming relationships with them. We are looking to probably make 3 outfits, definitely a TR and NC one, no one likes the VS so maybe we will pass on them!

It can only be a good thing if people try out their own outfits. If the outfit fails but they embrace the point of the outfit then they will join another and the best will survive. Either way I want to try and contribute to PS2 by trying to make a successful outfit.

Just my opinion of course, I am not TR so won't be ramming it down anyones throat!

Last edited by Jeepo; 2012-07-07 at 02:56 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Hamma
PSU Admin

Stick a fork in this thread, it's just about done.

If you guys cant participate without flaming please stop posting.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-07, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Fate
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Stick a fork in this thread, it's just about done.

If you guys cant participate without flaming please stop posting.
I'm hardly coming to this forum, but it seems like every time I'm here BuzzCutPsycho is outright flaming people, or trying to get them to flame him. I even heard about the Reddit downvoting issue he caused, and I don't go to Reddit. Maybe it's time he takes a forum timeout. Seems like he's only causing drama in the Outfit subforum area.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ps2outfits/c...voting_issues/
Old 2012-07-08, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
CorvicM
Private

Originally Posted by Fate View Post
I'm hardly coming to this forum, but it seems like every time I'm here BuzzCutPsycho is outright flaming people, or trying to get them to flame him. I even heard about the Reddit downvoting issue he caused, and I don't go to Reddit. Maybe it's time he takes a forum timeout. Seems like he's only causing drama in the Outfit subforum area.

cut

wow seems every time i start to recover and start believing in people maturing they seem to find an even lower low to sink to.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
TheApoc
Corporal

We are a new outfit to ps2, we come from the battlefield games, we didn't need hundreds of members.. We will start off small but grow with good people that can team play well..

Now I'm a ps1 vet from 2003, it was fun but its not going to be the same old ps1, this is a shooter first and a mmo second.. ps1 in its glory was a shitty shooter.. these young bucks are going to kick a lot of ass, organise them and a lot of the old school guys will get schooled..

The Ascended will make a difference on the battlefield with 5, 50 or 500 members..
Old 2012-07-08, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Notturno View Post
snip....
Excellent post m8, agree with just about everything you said ..not something I
often do ..

And the only reason the OP changed his post was the hammering he go for what he thought was a very clever post

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Basically agree with all of that stuff.

Except for Battlekeeps. What are Battlekeeps? Some stupid crap they introduced once everyone had left after Core Combat, like BFRs, planets, & such?
lmao, typical from the OP absolutely no idea what he is talking about
Old 2012-07-08, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
TRex
First Sergeant

Is it pointless to have a pointless thread about something that is pointless, or is it pointless asking?
Old 2012-07-08, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Fate View Post

Zergfit recruiting, serious business.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment