Werewolves - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh sure, NOW you wanna join the VS...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-19, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: Werewolves

lol, wow. You guys fall easily dont you? Shows how well people can read......

Werewolf and Ultimate form are to troll. Nobody even realize this?

The real post is in the mutation as a secondary choice other than implants. No this isn't a virus that spreads. The main reason is to have two choices each with its own strengths and weakness. Implants techonology and Mutations are biotechonology. IE implants fail agaisn't jammers/emp while mutations do not. And mutations vice versa have a similair weakness Implants do not.

Will this get added? Most definite "NO!" But hey its fun to create. Again mutations could vary in abilities that are very simple and mundane to "holy shit jump wall". Obviously they should be on PAR with implants abilities, just simply adding another playstyle and prefrence to the game.

The mutations will probably be small effecting like implants and very minor like, your cells are slightly mutated/changed giving reason to healing. No ones sprouting purple dragon wings to fly and tear TR and NC apart.

Last edited by Senyu; 2011-04-19 at 09:06 PM.
Old 2011-04-19, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sirisian
Colonel

I agree with the above post we need werewolves in this game. I love the ultimate form idea. It's a very unique idea that I think will only help the game.

I think with these ideas however you're going slightly against the equal battlefield idea between players. If you assume anyone can use them or infect themselves then it's not a problem.

I wouldn't be against having places in the world where players can venture to set augmentations via naturally occurring monuments or ancient technology. I'm not 100% sure they'd be useful though to the game or if they can be balanced so there isn't a 100% best configuration. Role specific augmentations would be more ideal. Like have an animation for a player touching a monument in the world that reconfigures nanites particles that float to the player (with a cool particle effect).
Heavy Weapon Strength Monument: Decreases recoil by 20% on Heavy Weapons
Lock-On Monument: Decreases Lock-On by 20%.
Cloaker Boost Monument: Increased invisibility while running while cloaked.
Vehicle Boost Monument: Links stamina with a vehicles boost or shields for a 10% bonus while stamina lasts.

Basically these would be role choices that go with a player's role. Meaning that there's a drawback and advantage to each one with no single ability that is the best. Some of the ideas the OP listed go along with this. I think they should be 100% passive though.
Old 2011-04-19, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I think with these ideas however you're going slightly against the equal battlefield idea between players. If you assume anyone can use them or infect themselves then it's not a problem.

Does no one read.............

They act like implants. They are just another option besides implants. They are implants Yang from Ying.
Old 2011-04-19, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
Does no one read.............

They act like implants. They are just another option besides implants. They are implants Yang from Ying.
Yes but there is some important differences you mentioned in your idea list. I made my above comment when I read:
)Are upgradeable? (In sense of choosing the upgrade over more mutations
Seems like upgradeable implant like features might make a player too good at one thing. Like a cloaker being able to one hit a player or something or making a sniper too good at handling recoil or reload times.
Old 2011-04-20, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Logit View Post

I feel like this is how BFR's came along..

SOE Employee #1 "Dude, you know what we should do?"
SOE Employee #2 "What?"
SOE Employee #1 "Remember that huge robot from Robocop?"
SOE Employee #2 "He was bad ass. What you thinkin?"
SOE Employee #1 "Lets give him wings........"

This made me LOL.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-04-20, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

lol, wow. You guys fall easily dont you? Shows how well people can read......

Werewolf and Ultimate form are to troll. Nobody even realize this?

The real post is in the mutation as a secondary choice other than implants. No this isn't a virus that spreads. The main reason is to have two choices each with its own strengths and weakness. Implants techonology and Mutations are biotechonology. IE implants fail agaisn't jammers/emp while mutations do not. And mutations vice versa have a similair weakness Implants do not.

Will this get added? Most definite "NO!" But hey its fun to create. Again mutations could vary in abilities that are very simple and mundane to "holy shit jump wall". Obviously they should be on PAR with implants abilities, just simply adding another playstyle and prefrence to the game.

The mutations will probably be small effecting like implants and very minor like, your cells are slightly mutated/changed giving reason to healing. No ones sprouting purple dragon wings to fly and tear TR and NC apart.
The reason I ignored the mutations part and commented on the werewolves part is this:

Mutations are not a good idea, and never will be as long as implants exist. Why have 2 game mechanics that do pretty much the same thing?

Werewolves on the other hand, or mutated beast things, are a good idea. I would like a defense-against-mindless-beasts event, they are always very interesting, more so if it is in a FPS.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2011-04-20, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
The reason I ignored the mutations part and commented on the werewolves part is this:

Mutations are not a good idea, and never will be as long as implants exist. Why have 2 game mechanics that do pretty much the same thing?

Werewolves on the other hand, or mutated beast things, are a good idea. I would like a defense-against-mindless-beasts event, they are always very interesting, more so if it is in a FPS.
We can call it Planetside - Fortress Werewolfenstien!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-04-20, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Ok if you got bitten by a wereshark and survived. Would that mean you would drown if you did not get into salt-water whilst changing?

This is a serious conundrum please help me out here!!!!
Old 2011-04-20, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Seems like upgradeable implant like features might make a player too good at one thing. Like a cloaker being able to one hit a player or something or making a sniper too good at handling recoil or reload times.
Understand that anything that would be acceptable would have to be nitpicked and balanced to prevent that. Some of my upgrade ideas while of course need tweaking aren't game breaking.

And on the wereshark, I would have to say no and hope you become a Street Shark like in the 90's
Old 2011-04-21, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

What exactly is the point of having a separate 'Mutations' system instead of just adding new implants?

Edit to add: If you don't want the thread to be about 'Warewolves' you shouldn't make that the topic title; nothing in your post is going to be able to overcome that idea....

Last edited by Mightymouser; 2011-04-21 at 04:59 PM.
Old 2011-04-21, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mightymouser View Post
What exactly is the point of having a separate 'Mutations' system instead of just adding new implants?

Edit to add: If you don't want the thread to be about 'Warewolves' you shouldn't make that the topic title; nothing in your post is going to be able to overcome that idea....
Boredom....ya mostly that. And to see how people react.

But on mutations, it just adds variety to the game. Mutations and Implants both have different weakness's and strengths adding to situations and tactics. Jammers for example effect implants while not mutations. Giving players different playstyles such as this wouldn't be that crazy as it is something minor. And explainable such as an alien virus on the planets effecting the soldiers. Though I imagine this would never be implemented
Old 2011-04-22, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Boredom....ya mostly that. And to see how people react.

But on mutations, it just adds variety to the game. Mutations and Implants both have different weakness's and strengths adding to situations and tactics. Jammers for example effect implants while not mutations. Giving players different playstyles such as this wouldn't be that crazy as it is something minor. And explainable such as an alien virus on the planets effecting the soldiers. Though I imagine this would never be implemented
Basically you want to be a Druid from Diablo 2?

www.worldofwarcraft.com

This thread is dumb. This would be the worst idea of all time.

And trust me, I've had some BAD ideas....

Last edited by Logit; 2011-04-22 at 08:31 AM.
Old 2011-04-22, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Basically you want to be a Druid from Diablo 2?

www.worldofwarcraft.com

This thread is dumb. This would be the worst idea of all time.

And trust me, I've had some BAD ideas....

Lol at reading skills. Ya, this thread was worth it. Funny to see people flame over something because they can read the whole thing.
Old 2011-04-22, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Raymac
Brigadier General

Lol at reading skills. Ya, this thread was worth it. Funny to see people flame over something because they can read the whole thing.
Lol at writing skills. You ever want somebody to get past the 1st paragraph of anything you write...make it interesting. It's simple. State your thesis early. Don't spend all that time in the title and 1st paragraph misleading your audience, and then be surprised they didn't read your entire long ass post.

Plus, I've had alot of ideas that people didn't like, but that didn't mean they just didn't understand it.

Having said all that, this is the only time we get to speculate about everything for PS:N, so we might as well enjoy it and speculate our asses off.
Old 2011-04-22, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

my word this thread delivers

cute fluffy dog things, really quick back tracks and the clueless posting about finding a clue which by the way if you find 2 can I have one.

Tried the shark thing by the way you do need saltwater.

wtb new gills
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion