The Black Watch | tbwgaming.com | Mature Multi-gaming Community | U.S. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click HERE for exclusive beta download!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-06-27, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TechTBW
Private

The Black Watch | tbwgaming.com | Mature Multi-gaming Community | U.S.

www.TBWgaming.com

Planetside 2 Recruitment Open

The Black Watch is now accepting new members in preparation for Planetside 2. TBW plans to have significant participation in PS 2's beta. Our goal is to become a major force within PS 2 by utilizing the established infrastructure and organization that we are known for in all of our games. TBW is accepting recruits from all walks of life ranging from casual to hardcore-noobs to vets. We are students, family men and women, military veterans, and working class people. Above all, we are passionate and excited about Planetside 2.

Our leadership team is experienced, mature, understanding, and will be in constant contact when out of game via the iOS and Android PS 2 app. We plan to have full API integration with our website which is constantly updated. The outfit is organized into multiple divisions: Mobile Infantry, Armored Calvary, and Fleet Support. We understand that real life is your first priority and no member will be left behind due to goings on in the real world. We are a player driven community and hope you will consider joining our ranks. If you are an exceptionally outgoing and helpful individual, we also hope you consider pursuing our officer program. We look forward to having you fight side by side with us. Apply for membership at www.tbwgaming.com

About The Black Watch

The Black Watch is an established multi-gaming community. We are a mature, tight-knit and easy going group. Our members are friendly, helpful, and range from casual to hardcore. We are accepting of anyone who shares our core values of teamwork and community. We have active groups in World of Warcraft, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Diablo 3. Planetside 2 is our next major venture. In each game we have the same goal: To build a thriving community and to establish ourselves as a respected and positive force within the game. Whether you have been gaming for years or if this is your first outfit, TBW welcomes ALL who share a passion for gaming in a productive environment. Elitists need not apply.

Although we strive to push the edge of content in every game we enter, we also understand that real life always takes precedent over the game. YOU dictate your playtime and your play style. We have members in every US timezone as well as some in EU.

The Black Watch Offers:

-An established, active, and helpful membership-

-Competent, fair, and experienced leadership-

-Voice Comms (Ventrillo and Mumble)-

-Regularly scheduled operation groups-

-Active and informative forums-

|

Last edited by TechTBW; 2012-07-14 at 11:16 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TechTBW
Private

Re: The Black Watch | tbwgaming.com | Mature Multi-gaming Community | U.S.

TBW will be making the trek to SOE HQ in San Diego this Friday! This is your chance to meet your outfit mmates, play test PS2 beta, and chat with devs.!
Old 2012-07-14, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TechTBW
Private

Thanks to those TBW members who were able to make it out with us. Below gave a short write up about our experiences:

Originally Posted by TechTBW View Post
I just woke up after the 36 hours of sleeplessness that was our adventure to SOE. I have a few things to say about our experience but I will try to be brief. Community day was simply amazing. 3 members of The Black Watch were able to make it. We left home about midnight prior and arrived in the early morning. Once employees started showing up, it immediately became apparent how cool these guys truly are. Everyone was sincerely and genuinely happy to see us and cared about what we had to say. We have attended community events for other game developers before and never have we encountered such nice folks.

One of the first people we met was John Smedly who thanked us for being there and grabbed some shirts for us (NC FTW). Soon after, we got to meet Tony 'RadarX' Jones who I would like to personally thank for being extremely accommodating and went out of his way to make sure we got everything we asked for (thanks brother, you are THE MAN). Later I got a chance to talk with a dapperly dressed Matt Higby who was super generous for answering all of my questions (stay tuned for more on that ). I could go all day listing everyone from the art team to QA but everyone was just so cool to talk to. After Josh Hackney gave us a very informative tour, I now know how Charlie felt walking through the chocolate factory.

Without saying too much, the game is coming along VERY nicely. The action was fast paced. The animations, environments, and level design was all top notch. The scale of the game is huge and feels larger than anything I have ever played, and this is coming from an EvE veteran. All I have to say in summery is this: BF and COD will soon have some real competition. I even think that the boys over at CCP should be wetting themselves as I see PS2 being the premier sci-fi/military action based game which blurs the line between genres. Free to play? Are you kidding me? This game could easily net a box price and sub fee, and I only got about an hour in total to try it out. If they ever implement a crafting and economy system, other MMOs would lose a lot of subs.

Overall, SOE threw one hell of a successful event. The game is going to be amazing for vets and bring a lot of fresh blood in. I hope that they continue to host these kinds of events in the future.

-Tech
The Black Watch
Tbwgaming.com
Old 2012-07-16, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

I don't suppose you have anything to do with the Blackwatch that was active in Global Agenda during Beta and in season 1?
Old 2012-07-16, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TechTBW
Private

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
I don't suppose you have anything to do with the Blackwatch that was active in Global Agenda during Beta and in season 1?

Wow it's been a long time. We did have a small contingent in GA for a short period. We never played it for anything but a side-game though
Old 2012-07-18, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

If it was your crew, then your guys did leave an impression.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TechTBW
Private

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
If it was your crew, then your guys did leave an impression.
Glad to hear we did We intend to make a good impression in PS2.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Masta Chief
Private

I really like the sound of this Outfit. Very professional and mature with realistic expectations of people.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TechTBW
Private

Check out our site Masta. You can get a feel of the community from our forums. If it seems like a fit, feel free to throw up an app
Old 2012-07-25, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Nendien
Private

I used to play with these guys on Global Agenda, but I was in a different clan called Los Pistoles. Black Watch is definitely a solid group of players. I'm looking to join these guys, because I know they will be a strong force at launch.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TechTBW
Private

It's a little over a week old but if you haven't already, check out The Black Watch's exclusive interview with Matt Higby.
Old 2012-08-10, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Beem
Private

This is a great group of people to play with, or just to impatiently wait out your beta invite. Give the website a once over.
Old 2012-08-13, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
TechTBW
Private

Thanks to all the new recruits for taking the time to check us out and submit an app. Everyone has fit in very nicely and encompasses TBW's philosiphy of mature, fun, and team oriented players. We are rocking and rolling and looking for a few more to fill spots in the platoon. If we seem like a fit for you, check out our site tbwgaming.com
Old 2012-08-21, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Griton
Private

To all those considering TBW....I recently joined this outfit in another game (TSW) and I can tell you this is one of the best organized gaming communities I have been involved with! Add to that a large, diverse, and friendly population and you have a recipe for fun and WIN!

(to those Global Agenda players - while TBW is not officially in GA anymore some of us are still there keeping our skills sharp in anticipation of PS2. Look me up evenings EST)
Old 2012-08-25, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TechTBW
Private

Thanks Griton, it is great having you aboard for multiple games.

TBW still has some slots left in the platoon. Once full, we will start platoon 2.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate