Balance: Heavy Assault MA+ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spare Harasser tires for sale.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-07-20, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Heavy Assault MA+

Heavy assault players in rexo armor have access to MA+ (medium assault+)

MA+ weapons are essentially a carbon copy of MA weapons and variants with additional upgrades / attachments accessed via the skill tree.

While a MA player has access to Scopes, grenade launchers , laser sights. A MA+ weapon has access to attachments that turn the weapon into more of a LMG. Exclusive attachments would be Extra large clips for sustained fire and foregrip for increased accuracy while crouched.

If dedicated deploy-able LMG's are not in game. Then HA may benefit from access to MA+ weapons to act in a similar vein.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Traak
Colonel

Re: Heavy Assault MA+

Generally, the heavier the armor, the heavier the weapon or weapon upgrade, is what you are stating?

I like that, for sure. This would mean no cloakers with spikers, for example. And no standard exo's with HA weapons.
Old 2011-07-21, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Generally, the heavier the armor, the heavier the weapon or weapon upgrade, is what you are stating?

I like that, for sure. This would mean no cloakers with spikers, for example. And no standard exo's with HA weapons.
Well it was more a compromise between LMG's that some people want and basically giving HA players the option of having a slightly heavier open field weapon for suppression or sustained combat.

Though now that you mention it there are probably some attachments that the LA jump jet players probably don't need access to.
Old 2011-07-21, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

i support this idea.

edit: if a rexo should chose to go MA. then it should be stronger than a agile/light's MA
Old 2011-07-21, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vancha
Colonel

If LMGs were to exist as MA variants, then you might as well just implement LMGs.

I agree entirely that they should be restricted to the heavy troops, but rather than having them based on MA skills used by HA users, why not simply split the HA tree instead?

Either have the HA be an offshoot of MA, and have HA split into CQC (MCG/JH/Lasher) and LMG, or have MA have two offshoots, one in the direction of HA and one in the direction of LMG...

It seems odd to tie LMG into the same skills as PS1 HA when they're diametrically opposed play styles.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault