How does respawning work? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One Long Island iced tea away from heaven.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2002-10-28, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

How does respawning work?

Simple Q. Havent heard anyone say anything about it yet. Is there a delay or a timeframe in which you cannot spawn? Or does there have to be "spawn points" (aka bases)
Old 2002-10-28, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

There are diffrent "spawn points", but what I gather is that it will be done slightly diffrent to what we have become acustomed too. Durring the IRC interview the Dev's mentioned that you could bind your spawn point to one of the APC, which means you can spawn close to the action and not have travel all the way back from a base.

It'll be imporant for attackers to try and get one set up so that troops will be able to spawn at the front lines, and defenders will want to take them out ASAP to stop the flow enemy troops.

There was a lot of good information in that interview.
Old 2002-10-28, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

You can also spawn of course at facilities that are captured. Like Unreg said you must bind these spawn points before you respawn or you end up back at home base

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-10-29, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I prefer not dying in the first place!

Spawning is going to prove to be one of those tactics that is overlooked. For instance:

Say you want to take a certain base. You know your enemy is going to prep the base you want to take. How does he know you want to take it? Carefully dropped hints disguised as "intel". He then prepares to have the manpower available to defend that base or territory. Part of that is the mentioned APCs for respawning. Meanwhile, we are really planning on taking a totally different base away from the "hinted" at base. The enemy then has all his assets and spawn points at the wrong location enabling us to waltz right in and q0wn them.

By the way, this tactic is copyrighted. hehehe

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2002-10-29, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

That'll only work if someone is actually AT the base to notice our decoy scouts.
Old 2002-10-29, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

That is the whole point of "dropped intel". You work up to it slowly, dropping info here and there. But, we will never use it.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2002-10-29, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
snipe
Corporal

this is what i understand about the respawning system.

Places you can respawn:

Home City- Any one from your empire can respawn here.

Captured Base- Each base you capture will have respawn settings. The only way you can set yourself to respawn there is through the internal control panel. Each base has a respawning room.

AMS (Advanced Mobile Station)- The driver can set the respawn settings to A. self only, B. Squad only, or C. Empire only.
Note: For empire only, you can only respawn in a certain distance from it.

Orbital Drop Station- Little is known about this at the moment.

Respawn times- The average respawn time will be about 2 minutes if your the only one respawning there. if there is more than one, then you are put in a spot in line and about 5-10 seconds is added per person to your respawn time.

Note: None of this information is definate.
Old 2002-10-30, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Where did you get the times from?

I think that you can't respawn at an orbital station, you just go there from the home continent or maybe a base, and then get in a drop pod.

And this might not have happened, but I remember something was said about abolishing home continents and using the orbital platforms for the same purpose. Or I could be wrong, of course

Old 2002-10-30, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I hope I don't have to wait a long time to spawn.

See I have this Love/Hate relationship with SoF2. I love the game play, the weapons, the graphics and everything. I just can't stand it when you have to wait up to 5 min to respawn.

It makes for one hell of a learning curve if you only get in 1 min of play for every 5 min your in the game.
Old 2002-10-30, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Then play sp

Old 2002-10-30, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

Well they cant make respawn too quick.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-10-30, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I'm OK with with waiting up to a min or 2. I agree that it would be harder then Hell to repell an attack if you had 30 guys respawning at an APC every 10 seconds.

I just don't want to have to wait 5 friggen min. I think BF1942, and RTCW handled the spawn times well, and they essentially mirror the way PS will be with everyone fighting over a spawn/control point.
Old 2002-10-30, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
snipe
Corporal

i made up the numbers, and i think there is still a home continent( or atleast a home city)