News: Jackpot? New PTR Assets - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Creators of Taco Cereal
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-31, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Jackpot?

Dice decals! Those better be applicable to vehicles

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-31, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Wybie View Post
As much as I love new cosmetics and weapon redesigns (long over due); it seems with every new iteration of them they jack up the price, old armor is 250sc, any bets that the new sets will be twice the price? Every new helmet they have brought out seems to get more and more expencive. I understand the game needs to make money, but I wish they would set there prices more solidly.

I suppose their just seeing how much people are willing to spend....I could probably rant about this for a while so il leave the rest alone
its because the armor is equipable for all 5 soft classes of infantry same with the helmets so if you were to take 5 armor sets and buy them all that would be 1250..so your actually saying money when you buy these as they normally cost about 1000sc.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Looks like this originated from Reddit. I have no idea how to use that website. :P
ikr reddit is just a confusing mess... just werds werds werds...
Old 2013-05-31, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Re: Jackpot? New PTR Assets

Sweet.. new infantry armors finally!
Old 2013-05-31, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
raumfahrer
Private

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
its because the armor is equipable for all 5 soft classes of infantry same with the helmets so if you were to take 5 armor sets and buy them all that would be 1250..so your actually saying money when you buy these as they normally cost about 1000sc.
Easy. Make one armor for every class at 200SC. And while we're at it, they could finally reduce the price on older stuff. I've wanted the MAX Apex Helmet for ages, but 750SC is insane. Last time it was on sale was in December or something.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
CToxin
Private

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
honestly how hard is it just to give us a real tank turret,

Is there some reason why we have to have our MBT cannons off to the side other than it's some artistic and design choice fubar that you can't be bothered to rectify?
Are you concerned that the Prowler with straight firing guns will be a problem, to accurate or something?
If you have a decent argument I might even listen & agree or we can compromise on it's mechanics but this silence and/or indifference on the subject is infuriating me and I know a lot of other TR players.

Now you give the NC vanguard the extreme central gun & wedge design turret, this fastly becoming the last straw.
That is a pretty good representation of what I want the prowler to look like. I personally don't like the current layout because 1) it looks silly, 2) it means that I have a giant obstruction in my view (top turret) that no other faction has to deal with, 3) it looks silly.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
AThreatToYou
Major

Personally I think off-center guns look way cooler. But it isn't functional unless you put the camera directly above the guns.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
hashish
Sergeant

Nicce ! Always welcome some leaked info )

It just SUCKS how Vanu always get the shittesst looking helmets that look like BIG Vaginas haha SOE should really re-assess what kind of art style the vanu is supposed to represent

Old 2013-06-01, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by hashish View Post

It just SUCKS how Vanu always get the shittesst looking helmets that look like BIG Vaginas haha SOE should really re-assess what kind of art style the vanu is supposed to represent
well, there is a reason why vs helmets look like big vaginas. they represent the player wearing them!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-01, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by hashish View Post

I always think of 40K striking scorpions Eldar warrior aspect as a great concept model for sci-fi armor that is similar to VS, ie alien slightly insectile looking while still lithe and agile, they look like they can move fast and still be deadly.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k...ns_Assault.jpg

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-06-01 at 09:16 AM.
Old 2013-06-01, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Corvo
Corporal

Wow this one looks amazing! I actually love the way they did the Prowler turret, it looks fresh and not as dull as the Vanguard's.

I'll take the current design over that Sherman Jr. someone posted here any day. If they ever center the barrels it's got to be something better than that, something more sci fi looking, like a Starcraft siege tank maybe.

As for the update, I'm pretty excited for the TR infil redesign.

Edited: phone typos

Last edited by Corvo; 2013-06-01 at 09:26 AM.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
NoblesseOblige
Private

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
lit trim for infantry?! My god it's going to be so much easier to kill all the retard noobs during night.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm very excited about this update. I can't wait to see what the new weapons are like!

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
My desire to be obnoxiously sneaky outweighs my sense of self-preservation against friendly fire.
Also this. That black camo is downright sexy.

Last edited by NoblesseOblige; 2013-06-01 at 11:09 AM.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
hashish
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
I always think of 40K striking scorpions Eldar warrior aspect as a great concept model for sci-fi armor that is similar to VS, ie alien slightly insectile looking while still lithe and agile, they look like they can move fast and still be deadly.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k...ns_Assault.jpg

Yea i fully agree, those pics look really cool man.. I think that instead of adding like a triangle shape to the top of the heads and using Big Vaginas they should make it look put the triangle shape to the front face of the helm, would look so much cooler

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion