How will you play - Competitively or Casually? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thunder, thunder, thunder..... thunder cats!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Competitive or Casual?
Competitive 155 50.00%
Casual 69 22.26%
Other 86 27.74%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-14, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Dairian
Sergeant

Re: How will you play - Competitively or Casually?

All day every day until we sleep.

Last edited by Dairian; 2012-06-14 at 09:12 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
That definition you quoted completely contradicts what you tried to define the word to be.

Look, you're a dude with a my little pony avatar. You and I will likely never agree on anything.

You can be ignorant and high on yourself all you want. It ain't no thang to me. But when you start spewing crap about ideology and e-fame, expect to get checked.

It's for your own good.
last time i checked(i actually haven't checked) dedicated, and completely faithful comes up next to committed. But cool, go back go back to Uganda or whatever the fuck 3rd world education school you went to and argue with them on what the meaning of a word in a dictionary is.

I'm bored with you and im going to go find somebody else to use the juggernaut troll on, while i watch more MLP.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-14, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
last time i checked(i actually haven't checked) dedicated, and completely faithful comes up next to committed. But cool, go back go back to Uganda or whatever the fuck 3rd world education school you went to and argue with them on what the meaning of a word in a dictionary is.

I'm bored with you and im going to go find somebody else to use the juggernaut troll on, while i watch more MLP.
Your absolutely absurd racism and fascism is both stunning and disgusting.

I still read that with an Australian accent, but now I am upset with you.

Here I thought you were a chick, so now the accent seems unbelievably less sexy. Needless to say I'm upset.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Wow. This thread went to that bad place quick.

EEEwwww.....
Old 2012-06-14, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
SKYeXile
Major General

Question Re: How will you play - Competitively or Casually?

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post

Here I thought you were a chick, so now the accent seems unbelievably less sexy. Needless to say I'm upset.
I may have gone too far with that, you think the people of Uganda will be upset with me?

also my voice is sensual and soothing, but sometimes more nasally when im giving orders or talking on vent when im trolling somebody on forums, so practically all the time, its nasally. (thats right we talk about trolling on vent and our private forums, we're that hardcore about it)

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-06-14 at 09:38 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post

Ehh don't feed the troll.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Aurmanite
Captain

One of the main problems we're dealing with here is your perception of yourself. You think that because you are great at playing a game you are some sort of authority on it. You aren't. There are world champions that probably can't name 1/2 of the techniques they use.

Hardcore gaming has always been about the amount of time invested. You can't be hardcore if you don't have what most people would consider an excessive amount of time to play. Hardcore players have this time so they naturally learn/master/complete games faster. Once this happens, it becomes more about using that mastery/max level/shit in a competitive way.

I ain't saying that hardcore players are the best at the game, because there are plenty of hardcore players that are bad. If you read anything other than rage comics and lolmarkovforums, you'd have a deeper understanding of this truth.

Here's a little example that may, or may not open your eyes to what the hell you're trying to agrue against but are looking like an idiot doing so.

I had several friends in WoW that almost never raided or PvP'd, but still spent 6+hours every day 7 days a week playing the game...for 5 years. They basically ran the auction houses on a couple of servers back in the day. They were slightly infamous and when people like you would inspect their gear they would have to deal with the same tripe I'm dealing with now. These guys would handle it by opening a trade with the morons and put up 50 squillion gold.

These dudes made hundreds of real dollars, but by your shitty definition they wouldn't be considered hardcore because they weren't using their ubarskillz to pwn noobs.

TLDR; You're such an average 'leet' or '1337' gamer. Good skills (supposedly), shit brains.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-06-14 at 09:42 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Conq
Staff Sergeant

I'll play seriously enough but not for long periods and not every day. Hate to sound like a life coach or anything but I used to do that, played 6+ hours every day and it really fucked up my life and health. Casual is the only way to go unless you are stuck in a wheel chair or horrifically disfigured.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

One of the main problems we're dealing with here is your perception of yourself. You think that because you are great at playing a game you are some sort of authority on it. You aren't. There are world champions that probably can't name 1/2 of the techniques they use.

Hardcore gaming has always been about the amount of time invested. You can't be hardcore if you don't have what most people would consider an excessive amount of time to play. Hardcore players have this time so they naturally learn/master/complete games faster. Once this happens, it becomes more about using that mastery/max level/shit in a competitive way.

I ain't saying that hardcore players are the best at the game, because there are plenty of hardcore players that are bad. If you read anything other than rage comics and lolmarkovforums, you'd have a deeper understanding of this truth.

Here's a little example that may, or may not open your eyes to what the hell you're trying to agrue against but are looking like an idiot doing so.

I had several friends in WoW that almost never raided or PvP'd, but still spent 6+hours every day 7 days a week playing the game...for 5 years. They basically ran the auction houses on a couple of servers back in the day. They were slightly infamous and when people like you would inspect their gear they would have to deal with the same tripe I'm dealing with now. They would handle it by opening a trade with the morons and put up 50 squillion gold.

By your shitty definition of hardcore, these guys wouldn't make the cut.

TLDR; You're such an average 'leet' or '1337' gamer. Good skills (supposedly), shit brains.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Are you more of a competitive player, caring more about stats/teamwork and getting shit done, or a casual, more laid-back and just enjoying the game once in a while?

I'm gonna throw in an 'other' option too, because I think I made that sound biased.
Both. When I'm on alone and most of my outfit are asleep because they are on the other side of the world I often just flow with the zerg.

When my outfit is running squads we are very task oriented. Its kind of hard to run coordinated squads with greenies so I tend to stick to my own thing if my outfit isn't running a squad or some friendly outfit needs some help that I've run with before.

Note that casual gamers by the nature of the mission system become involved with the teamwork even if they aren't actively trying to figure out what needs to be done or even listening to the commanders over chat.

Last edited by WNxThentar; 2012-06-14 at 09:44 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post

This is a picture of a shocked pony, it resembles my face right about now.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-06-14, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Furber
First Sergeant

Casual vs Hardcore in video games is mostly a measurement of time spent playing.

Hardcore players like to think it's a measurement of skill and awesomeness.

It isn't.
Just what I was thinking.

I'll probably play the game a ton, like 3-5 hours a day and whole days on weekends. However, I don't take games as seriously as other people do. I play to have fun, not just to win.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
RandomNPC
Corporal

People are mixing up competitive with professional. Zzz

edit: Also competitive with hardcore.

The poll is asking: Are you gonna be a try hard or relax and give no shits.

Last edited by RandomNPC; 2012-06-14 at 09:50 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by RandomNPC View Post
People are mixing up competitive with professional. Zzz

edit: Also competitive with hardcore.

The poll is asking: Are you gonna be a try hard or relax and give no shits.
I plan to give intermittent fucks.

Some fucks here, some fucks there, other times no fucks at all.

But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2012-06-14, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
Not really, everyone has their own definition/opinion of hardcore based on what they've seen and/or been apart of.
Quoting this out of context to show the juicy double entendre it contains.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion