The Striker - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Political Science Universe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-17, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: The Striker

When I use the Striker I lock on and fire a rocket then as the enemy planes discharge the flares my lock on breaks and it wont fire anymore. I have to wait a few seconds and lock on again. Now could it be that more than one striker is used. So could it be that if I lock on you then discharge your flares breaking my lock but you still get hit by someone else striker?

Old 2013-05-17, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
When I use the Striker I lock on and fire a rocket then as the enemy planes discharge the flares my lock on breaks and it wont fire anymore. I have to wait a few seconds and lock on again. Now could it be that more than one striker is used. So could it be that if I lock on you then discharge your flares breaking my lock but you still get hit by someone else striker?
Shouldn't be possible. Flares break all locks and makes it so you can't be locked on for some time.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-17 at 08:29 PM.
Old 2013-05-17, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Tested this on my TR alt last night.

* If I haven't fired a rocket and the ESF pops flares I have to wait 5 seconds to lock again and fire.

However.....

* If I lock and ESF and fire all 5 rounds, then they pop flares, I still get 4 hit markers.

Its especially a problem on Esamir where there is almost no cover to duck behind AND also much harder to find cover quickly in a Lib.
Old 2013-05-17, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
AThreatToYou
Major

I think the flare will block further locks but only tanks/diverts 1 locked missile.
Then again, if you nerf this, then the Phoenix will be hilariously overpowered in comparison.
Old 2013-05-17, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sifer2
Major

The Striker has more counters than the other launchers. Ways to counter Striker:

Move in an out of cover before lock on can finish.

Get Stealth armor to make locking take obnoxiously long time.

Use Flares/Smoke to break lock on an waste Striker ammo entirely.

Use AV Turret/Static Turret/MAX's and not worry about being hit at all.

Ways to counter Lancer:

Hopefully survive the initial unannounced barrage, get into cover then don't peek out no more until the Infantry have won the battle.

Ways to counter Phoenix:

Hope your out of range of the Phoenix.
Old 2013-05-17, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
AThreatToYou
Major

lol yeah, the phoenix is a bit absurd. You're only hope is to either repair through the Phoenix's DPS or skirt in-and-out of the phoenix's 300m range.

if you can't do those or stay completely hidden from the nix's, you die
Old 2013-05-18, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
phungus
Master Sergeant

Striker missiles often fly through mountains and terrain in general. Just in case they weren't overpowered enough, the devs decided they should have a random chance to ignore terrain and just fly through it...
Old 2013-05-19, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
BobAndAway
Private

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
Striker missiles often fly through mountains and terrain in general. Just in case they weren't overpowered enough, the devs decided they should have a random chance to ignore terrain and just fly through it...
This.
The projectile won't even render, you hide behind a rock and just listen to the boom boom boom SPLASH!
Old 2013-05-19, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Dreamcast
Major

I hated the Striker but now think is ok.

Cons:
Horrible if you need to hit a vehicle ASAP....Takes too long to lock on....Vehicles can easily react unlike regular dumbfire AV
If you do Lock on.....It fires 5 Explosives for full effect!!!!!!, the vehicle can easily move behind a wall and make some of those explosives fired miss
Not that hard for planes to outrun it.
Cant attack Max

Pros:
You can attack both Air/Vehicles
Amazing if combined with other people using strikers or any AA...It really is a weapon to be used with the masses so much assist XP!!!!!!
Amazing in Esamir where vehicles can't hide.
Good if pilots are careless.

I say striker is only good if their is a lot people around you fighting against vehicles other wise I rather just take my regular AV and use it if I don't have 100's of people around me since 1 AV rocket is pretty much equal to all 5 rockets of a strike except it doesnt take like 5 seconds to use......and vehicles dont have time to react.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-05-19 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sunrock
Major

Compared to the phoenix and the Lancer the Striker sucks. It's just a glorified Annihilator.
Old 2013-05-19, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Methonius
Master Sergeant

I say make it active lock like in ps1 and give them dumbfire mode that fires slower in exchange for not being able to fire and forget.

If you don't know what active lock means, it is when you have to keep the reticule over your target while locking. It's actually much more fun. Fire and forget weapons are insanely boring.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-05-19 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2013-05-20, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Compared to the phoenix and the Lancer the Striker sucks. It's just a glorified Annihilator.
See its crap like this that really annoys me.

Phoenix - 750dmg per rocket.
Striker - 500dmg per rocket.

A full clip of striker out guns all other lock-on launchers by a long way, its the highest dmg launcher. You only need to land 2 shots to out dmg both the Phoenix and the Lancer.

Has second fastest lock-on. And you don't even have aim at your target.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=75

Do some research. Add in the bugs where flares only get rid of the first missile OR the one where the rockets ignore terrain and the Striker is a fantastic launcher.

I'm not even asking for it to be nerfed, I just want the bugs gone. Make the lock-on active so you need to track a target to maintain lock and its pretty well balanced IMO.
Old 2013-05-21, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Rofl, no it doesn't. Both VS / NC players really hate the striker cos of reasons mentioned above, Phungus hit the nail on the head. Having projectiles that don't render, go through scenery to hit you, that hit you even when you release flares, that hit you as soon as the `lock on ` appears and more...

They're the most annoying thing in the game right now and the average PS player will get the most out of the striker cos it's AV AND AA for beginners, probably explains why there's so many of them.
Old 2013-05-21, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Tested this on my TR alt last night.

* If I haven't fired a rocket and the ESF pops flares I have to wait 5 seconds to lock again and fire.

However.....

* If I lock and ESF and fire all 5 rounds, then they pop flares, I still get 4 hit markers.

Its especially a problem on Esamir where there is almost no cover to duck behind AND also much harder to find cover quickly in a Lib.
So would you consider this broken, I mean if you lock and fire and I pop flares shouldnt it break all rockets not just the first one. I mean if this is to be the norm I want one of those for christmas.

@GreyFog: I watched the video, I do agree they should fix the bug, I mean the weapon is just a beast. I bet the guy who wrote the code for this weapon is a TR fan.

Last edited by Qwan; 2013-05-21 at 06:54 AM.
Old 2013-05-21, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Shouldn't be possible. Flares break all locks and makes it so you can't be locked on for some time.
they have been broken since GU8. that and the fact lock ons will fly through mountains to hit their targets.

the ani got nerfed for a reason, and this is better than a pre-nerf ani.

Last edited by SolLeks; 2013-05-21 at 09:31 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion