The Striker - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how do I turn god-mode on?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-28, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: The Striker

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
yet the VS & NC es's can be used against any targets but ours get's shoe horned into a single role, F that
Yet it still earns the most scour/hour.
Okay, doesn't get the most kills. But I feel as though it would be OP with a dumbfire mode. That said, I would like the Striker receive dumbfire mode, but I also feel as if all factions should have a semi-auto anti-armor weapon [that isn't mounted on a MAX unit]

then again TR have the fracmax.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-28 at 10:41 AM.
Old 2013-05-28, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

What about a change fire mode for the striker? Obviously some balancing with the numbers would have to go down to make that an option. Then again it may just make the weapon even more OP now that you can use it in every situation. Not to mention that if the striker got it I'm sure the NC would want a dumbfire firemode for the phoenix. I don't know what you would add to the vanu as they pretty much already have two firemodes.
Old 2013-05-28, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

I've easily countered strikers on the ground by simply having smoke equipped on my vehicles. Also, at least in a lightning, being low-profile to the ground with only exposing my turret works pretty well too.

For the air, however, strikers mean certain death. I don't fly much but I've found keeping low behind hills and structures, and then suddenly rising up, helps a lot.
Old 2013-05-28, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
What about a change fire mode for the striker? Obviously some balancing with the numbers would have to go down to make that an option. Then again it may just make the weapon even more OP now that you can use it in every situation. Not to mention that if the striker got it I'm sure the NC would want a dumbfire firemode for the phoenix. I don't know what you would add to the vanu as they pretty much already have two firemodes.
If the NC want a dumbfire mode for their Phoenix I'm all for that too, you almost have it already by just pressing E after launch as it stands now.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-28, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

You put a dumbfire on the Phoenix and it's just a Shrike.
And with a dumbfire on a Striker, you've now got the best launcher DPS in the game against all targets. indoors and out.

There better be some pretty significant downsides to those options or a pretty significant buff to the hip-fire accuracy and un-charged damage on the Lancer - It doesn't have an alpha or DPS advantage.
Why would the TR and NC get to have short-range, in-a-pinch usable ESRLs and while we don't?

I'm fine with them having unique limitations. But once you generalize one, all of them better receive the same treatment.

What I'd much rather have is a separation between up-close Anti-max and the outdoorsy AV weapons to some degree. A dumbfire mini-striker that loses lock-on. A pump-action railgun thingy for NC. A...thing for VS.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2013-05-28 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2013-06-01, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I asked Higby about the Striker. He confirmed that the missiles passing through objects/terrain is indeed a bug. They are having issues with long range missiles, like the Phoenix not showing where it's flying properly and killing you even if it's to your side.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion