FAQ on Settings and Functionality -- Things Many Players Don't Know! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place you have a life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-30, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FAQ on Settings and Functionality -- Things Many Players Don't Know!

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
WTF??? That Engineer Turret shit is obviously not intended and needs to be fixed.

Why the hell would ANYONE carry an ammobox if you can do that?

What a weird thing to leave in the game. It's like they originally had ammo boxes working like that, where you switch with a key between it and your turret, but then later changed it to have it's own weapon slot, but forgot to remove the former method. Brain damage much?

This has been stated as a feature by devs since the first month.

Go be stupid somewhere else.
Old 2013-05-30, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
This has been stated as a feature by devs since the first month.

Go be stupid somewhere else.
Hey, look at the guy that can regurgitate previous posts from pages ago, but can't even link a source to backup his claims.

Perhaps I was wrong and this is 'intended', but if that's true, the devs are even more retarded for still allowing you to select an ammo box in your utility. Why would ANYONE in their right mind want to be carrying around TWO ammo boxes? That is incredibly shoddy game design, tbh.

Have ammo deploying work one way or the other, not both.
Old 2013-05-30, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Hey, look at the guy that can regurgitate previous posts from pages ago, but can't even link a source to backup his claims.
Dont be an idiot.

Im right and thats that. I dont have to find stuff for you.

There are no linkable "sources" anymore with SOE in most cases. The devs do live casts on multiple platforms every week not to mention the countless text platform and sitr they address the public on.

Perhaps I was wrong and this is 'intended', but if that's true, the devs are even more retarded for still allowing you to select an ammo box in your utility. Why would ANYONE in their right mind want to be carrying around TWO ammo boxes? That is incredibly shoddy game design, tbh.

Have ammo deploying work one way or the other, not both.
For the first several month after release you were able to put down 2 ammo cans at once in most cases so it was actually a good thing that you had 2 sources. This changed when they modified the turret box to be effected by skills.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-05-30 at 08:17 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
OCNSethy
Major

Winning friends and influencing people again Ghoest?
Old 2013-05-30, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Dont be an idiot.

Im right and thats that. I dont have to find stuff for you.
Best argument I've ever read on the internet.

You clearly know what you're talking about, guy.
Old 2013-05-30, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The Redeploy hotkey was added in GU04 as part of VR. Idea was that it could be used to get back to the main facility instead of having a bunch of teleporters out in the zone. And it is convenient for when you aren't in VR, so was all around a good add. The Tutorial teaches the redeploy key as a nice way of having the player respawn, so two birds with one stone. Wanted them to learn it in the tutorial so new players know how they can get back to someplace familiar if they are ever stuck in geometry or out in the middle of nowhere.

And of course the Instant Action hotkey was added as part of the tutorial to help new players learn the quick and easy way to get into the fight rather than being buried in the map.

Those two make a nice set for helping players get around more conveniently that are easy to teach.
The instant action hotkey was a great add for sure I especially like how it shows where you are going to redeploy.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-30, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

It is indeed a feature, Luperza herself confirmed it a long time ago when people asked about it. I don't condone exploits or anything like that, and if I thought or knew it was unintended I wouldn't have showcased it in the video.

If I have some spare time, I'll find the source for you.

edit: The reason cited was that resupplying ammo is the Engineer's key ability, much like Healing/Reviving is for Medics, and so forth. No other class had to sacrifice even one of its primary abilities to carry utility items like medkits, and they didn't want that to be the case for the Engineer either. It makes sense, honestly. The implementation, that is, having an extra Ammo Box also appear in the utility slot for no real reason other than making things easy for a new player, could have really been improved though.

Last edited by ItZMuRdA; 2013-05-30 at 09:48 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
camycamera
Major

strange, i didn't watch the vid yet (will later) but looking at the list, i knew that stuff allready. interesting.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Im not arguing - Im telling you the way it is.

If you say the ocean is made of custard and I say no its made of water - Im not arguing my case. Im just correcting you.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
It is indeed a feature, Luperza herself confirmed it a long time ago when people asked about it. I don't condone exploits or anything like that, and if I thought or knew it was unintended I wouldn't have showcased it in the video.

If I have some spare time, I'll find the source for you.

edit: The reason cited was that resupplying ammo is the Engineer's key ability, much like Healing/Reviving is for Medics, and so forth. No other class had to sacrifice even one of its primary abilities to carry utility items like medkits, and they didn't want that to be the case for the Engineer either. It makes sense, honestly. The implementation, that is, having an extra Ammo Box also appear in the utility slot for no real reason other than making things easy for a new player, could have really been improved though.
I can understand that, but I still don't like the way ammo kits are available under utility if you're able to do this.

I've played so much Engineer and had no idea about this, it seems like it's just too... you know, hidden. They should just make it more clear and remove the kits from utility.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks for the support everyone, as well as the additional comments of things you've found handy that I may not have included in the video. I really appreciate it!

So that's how you can turn off prox chat!
haha, it eluded me for quite some time tbh!

Also your video had me make a task to add that press-shift-to-hold-breath and stabilize scope to the Infiltrator class abilities panel in the tutorial. So hopefully that will help new player infiltrators be better informed on how to snipe effectively.

Not sure if that's a good thing for those of us that hate snipers though
Awesome! Very glad to be able to help influence anything at all to do with PlanetSide 2 development, even in the most minor of ways. You know how to be in touch if I can be of any assistance in the future, and I certainly encourage you to do so.

Thanks so much for stopping by in the thread and adding your very well-regarded 2¢ to the discussion!

Last edited by ItZMuRdA; 2013-05-30 at 10:26 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I can understand that, but I still don't like the way ammo kits are available under utility if you're able to do this.

I've played so much Engineer and had no idea about this, it seems like it's just too... you know, hidden. They should just make it more clear and remove the kits from utility.
For sure I agree with you -- it is incredibly hidden. I don't think it is referenced as a tip or anything anywhere, it was kind of one of those "oh shit we put in all these utilities but the Engineer loses their ability to resupply ammo... QUICK! MAKE THE TURRET TURN INTO AN AMMO BOX!"... I mean, I don't know if that's how it actually went down at the SOE HQ, but I do agree that the implementation of the feature should have gone along much smoother. Nonetheless, happy to be able to share it with you all!

Old 2013-05-30, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

My guess would be that it was initially how the ACE was supposed to work but they decided to add in the ammo box as a seperate item and simply forgot about it or otherwise disregarded it.
It quite obviously needs to be far more transparent for all the players whom are still unaware.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-31, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
torokf
Corporal

The Redeploy hotkey was added in GU04 as part of VR. . And it is convenient for when you aren't in VR, so was all around a good add. The Tutorial teaches the redeploy key as a nice way of having the player respawn, so two birds with one stone. Wanted them to learn it in the tutorial so new players know how they can get back to someplace familiar if they are ever stuck in geometry or out in the middle of nowhere.

And of course the Instant Action hotkey was added as part of the tutorial to help new players learn the quick and easy way to get into the fight rather than being buried in the map.

Those two make a nice set for helping players get around more conveniently that are easy to teach.
i really LOVE those 2 hotkeys,
altough once i could start redeploying with canc and then open the map or other tabs to browse without having the timer cancelled, which now happens, works as intended?
Old 2013-05-31, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by torokf View Post
i really LOVE those 2 hotkeys,
altough once i could start redeploying with canc and then open the map or other tabs to browse without having the timer cancelled, which now happens, works as intended?
Noticed this as well, used to be able to hit Delete then open the map, etc., but now that cancels it also. Not sure which version is intended.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion