Systems: Idea rating in PS2 launcher - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-26, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dacrim
Corporal

Idea rating in PS2 launcher

I was looking at the ratings for different idea threads and suddenly something occured to me..no one ever uses it. The most ratings ive seen on an idea thread has been in the teens and i know we have hundreds, possibly thousands of people visiting these forums every day.(btw you can see how many people have rated a thread by placing your mouse over the rating for a few seconds)

This makes the ideas hardly worth consideration to the devs and provides an inaccurate account of how many of us actually feel about an idea.

Now that im done whining ill tell you about the idea i have

It would be cool if new ideas that the devs are actually considering for the game were put in the launcher so that before each person logged in they would have to rate the idea so the devs would get an accurate measure of how the entire community feels about certain ideas and not just the opinions of the those who happen to be outspoken.

Of course, that doesnt solve the issue i mentioned a moment ago...thats up to us. but i think its a good idea for the future
Old 2012-06-26, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Idea rating in PS2 launcher

It sounds like Higby is up for a petition type system. I mentioned an in game survey system to PurrfectStorm that rewards players for participating. These do not seem high in their list of things to do at the moment.

I mentioned to Gryphon before on PSU that their rating system isn't intuitive. I mostly prefer the discussions. The developers are reading the idea section by the way so the ratings I don't think affect much.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-06-26 at 06:58 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Femtobyte
Private

^^makes me wonder if they have alternate accounts on PSU that they use to seed ideas/discuss them w/out people going all "ZOMGzzz IT'S A DEV!!"
Old 2012-06-26, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ratstomper
Major

I think having something to do while waiting for patches to download would be a good idea.

Originally Posted by Femtobyte View Post
^^makes me wonder if they have alternate accounts on PSU that they use to seed ideas/discuss them w/out people going all "ZOMGzzz IT'S A DEV!!"
OMG! Are you a dev?! I KNEW IT!
Old 2012-06-26, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TAA
Staff Sergeant

Using the launcher is a great idea, especially for surveys of the player base. Everyone uses the launcher, very few people use the forums.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault