Gameplay: Stealth Kills - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: > all
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-07-22, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MooK
Staff Sergeant

Stealth Kills

Stealth killing has been spoken about in the past a bit, especially when there's talk of quick knifing. At that point, the loathing kicks in and it gets ugly fast. I'd like to maintain that the knife needs to be useful and an equippable item. Therefore, we should keep the knife the way it currently is. However, it definitely needs some flare.

Stealth Kills

To complete a stealth kill, a few conditions must be met:
  1. The killer must have their knife in the off position.
    1. Too much vibration would otherwise make a messy kill. Also, from a balance perspective, you don't want a stealth killer to still be able to do some serious damage if they're caught or disrupted.
  2. The killer must approach their victim from behind and be in very close proximity.
  3. Upon lining up the kill and being in range, the killer can choose to begin the stealth kill. It takes two or so seconds to even be ready to perform a stealth kill once in position. Therefore, only oblivious or guarding enemies will become victims.
  4. When the stealth kill begins, the victim will automatically put up a struggle. If they are not paying attention, or do not put up a fight, it will only last a second or two. If they put up a fight, the struggle could last four to six seconds or more. With no intervention, the inevitable will always be the victim's death.
    1. Once the stealth kill starts, it cannot stop. The only way to stop a stealth kill is to end the killer's life, or to disrupt him by dealing twenty+ damage
    2. If the killer is a cloaker, their infiltration suit will flicker a bit--and they will become semi-visible during the struggle (to indicate aggressive movement.)

Potential Stealth Kill Animation?
Old 2011-07-23, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Stealth Kills

I really like this idea because it makes it more thrilling and challenging to be an infiltrator, while at the same time encouraging squads to stick together. If you're off by yourself staring at walls or AFK, you're going to get knifed, but if you employ teamwork and watch your friend's back, you can shoot the cloaker and keep your friend alive.

-HC13
Old 2012-09-20, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RikG
Private

I also really like this. Especially the infiltrator part, I've heard lots of complaining about needing to decloak first if you want to shoot while in cloak. (mind you i do not have a key so I could be wrong)
Old 2012-09-20, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
brighthand
Corporal

I say, have the one hit stealth kill be a cert for the infultrator only. This combined with 1337 base and vehicle hacking certs -plus recon binocular spotting and marking abilities, would really flesh out the infultrator class.
Old 2012-09-20, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
KernolKlusterFk
Corporal

They should make it so when you get a stealth kill the same sound and or music plays in Rambo First Blood plays lol.
Old 2012-09-21, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gugabalog
Major

/support
Old 2012-10-10, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
nikolaishvets
Private

I agree, stealth kills would be awesome
Old 2012-10-11, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kainmercy
Private

i dont realy agree with the stealth kills just cuz it will extreme hard to do or just gona be overpower

-extreme hard:
just for pvp almost impossible to do cuz the other player wont be afk or just not moving, in a pve its stupid cuz ther no need to do it we players just want to kill the mobs but ok i agree it will be fun to do a stealth kill / instakill, but like i saied its extreme hard,

-one way to use on pvp

more easy to do a instant kill but you can have some kind of gaget to see stealth players (like in metal gear 2 a "life detector") it vibrates when some alive thing is near or something like that

this is my opinion
Old 2012-10-11, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
xenoneo
Private

If things change, I'd like to be able to sneak around completely unseen and would use the dagger exclusively for kills.
A cloak that could not be reactivated for 5 seconds after turning it off and makes you receive more damage when hit, while allowing you to keep it on indefinitely and be completely invisible while moving, would be perfect for how I'd like to play it.
The cloak should also only allow a dagger to be your weapon.

You could kill people without them having a clue you were there, but would be exposed for a short time after that kill.
Although some may see that idea as overpowered, I think it's equivalent to how a sniper can one shot you in the head from a long distance away, while giving away their position from where the shot came from.

I'm personally waiting for the infiltrator class to be more fleshed out before investing in it.
Many certs were removed from the game that I would have wanted, but I'm hoping that they add them back later on.
The boost to melee damage cert is the one they took out that I wanted the most.
I may be strange for feeling this way, but I don't really like using a sniper rifle, I'd much prefer to get up close and personal.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault