Amerish trailer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A solitary killer, the firetruck stalks his prey.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-19, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Levente
First Sergeant

Amerish trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7...merish-trailer

looks good
Old 2012-10-19, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sifer2
Major

Re: Amerish trailer

It does though i'm disappointed it's not as forested as the concept art. I was expecting it to be better for infantry than Indar but it actually looks even more open.
Old 2012-10-19, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Doesn't show much that we haven't already seen. Maybe that one shot with the trees and forest looking area. Music was great though!
Old 2012-10-19, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

I hate to say it, but the Emperor has no clothes. All three continents are essentially identical except for some "set dressing". The basic difference between Esamir and Indar is a palette shift using a giant powdered sugar dispenser.
Old 2012-10-19, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
I hate to say it, but the Emperor has no clothes. All three continents are essentially identical except for some "set dressing". The basic difference between Esamir and Indar is a palette shift using a giant powdered sugar dispenser.
I see you've played on the continent already

do tell us

the fact that they're square is the only thing identical
Old 2012-10-19, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
cellinaire
Captain

At least Amerish looks cooler and different.
Old 2012-10-20, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SturmovikDrakon View Post
I see you've played on the continent already

do tell us

the fact that they're square is the only thing identical
Point taken, but what I did see in the trailer did not show anything all that
different than the current continental topography.
Old 2012-10-20, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
cellinaire
Captain

Point taken, but what I did see in the trailer did not show anything all that
different than the current continental topography.
1) Most of the areas of Amerish wasn't shown.

2) Yeah, when it comes to 'topography', Skyrim isn't THAT hugely different compared to Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell. Kalimdore isn't THAT different compared to Eastern Kingdoms...etc
(but this doesn't mean I don't accept the fact that the overall landscape of Esamir looks similar to that of Indar, without fog)
Old 2012-10-20, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Get to americh m8's.

Doesnt look fundamentally different, but what was you expecting? The first three continents are something to build on. Expect your orbital stations, moon combat (with gravity boots) and volcanic waste lands slightly further down the road.
Old 2012-10-20, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dagron
Captain

I actually expected most of it would be a dense forest, but from all the footage (specially the aerial shots), i have to agree that it doesn't look like it'll promote different gameplay from Indar.
Before anyone says it again, i agree we haven't seen it all, but i seriously doubt they would only show a continent's least represented terrain types in it's trailer.
I do understand that it doesn't mean they won't make another continent the way we pictured it later on though.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-10-20 at 01:39 PM.
Old 2012-10-20, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
I actually expected most of it would be a dense forest, but from all the footage (specially the aerial shots), i have to agree that it doesn't look like it'll promote different gameplay from Indar.
So did I but Indar proved that there was much much more than what we saw at first. It looks a lot different from the ground. The sneek peak we had for that was a single amp station in a canyon. So few people actually go back there now. Just wait and see. We still have yet to see water either.
Old 2012-10-20, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Toppopia
Major

It would be nice to see a more infantry orientated continent, if the devs make a continents for different play styles, then everyone can be happy, people that like tanks, can go to the continent that favors tanks, can go there, if you like infantry, you can go to the infantry favored continent. etc. And ones that combine all styles.
Old 2012-10-20, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
Before anyone says it again, i agree we haven't seen it all, but i seriously doubt they would only show a continent's least represented terrain types in it's trailer.
I do understand that it doesn't mean they won't make another continent the way we pictured it later on though.
Seems many people have this "Amerish must have dense forest and jungle!" confusion, but I don't recall them ever mentioned dense forest or jungle region. They actually said from months ago, that the overall concept of Amerish will be scottish highlands.
Old 2012-10-20, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
sameer
Sergeant

Why did that rocket launcher 1 shot a aircraft? They recieved a major buff?
Old 2012-10-21, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
It is this simple mind-set on when based on a much larger scale that causes us to get delivered a game that is Planetside 2.

They listened, they really did and they are continuing but damn.

We talk about Amerish, the continent itself and it's bearing on the game and YOU talk about a rocket shooting down an aircraft.......In a fucking trailer made to inspire and encourage people........

Ya know. Keep the stupid simple minded shit on Planetside 2 official forums, we're big boys here and just don't need nor want it.

by the way devs, you've been lacking here lately. Perhaps the masses are wrong considering the state of the game and the general reception of it.

Ya know what. I can't give up on this game. I simply cannot. But I promise you this, when stupid shit occurs I'm going to post about it in the most constructive yet drunken pissed off way I can. Even though I'm esscentric as fuck and have part of my brain removed, I understand games, their flow and what is needed FAR more than most; Including SOE developers.

People wouldn't be pissed if you had done it right. I know you're going to have people bitching about something, but people are bitching about everything.

Take one second and step back. Listen to people who actually TRULY love this game, played this game and are trying to help you make a better game. Or don't, continue on the path you're on and demise the MMOFPS world forever. It may be rocket science, but a fucking 2 year old can see the obvious gameplay issues presented.

I just don't understand why you can't see them. I just fucking can't.
well thank you......we will call you.... xd
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion