Commanders - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cake > Pie
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-13, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Commanders

1)What commands do u think that a commander should have. such as setting special custom waypoints like insercion point here and extraction here. How many people they can command (Whole PLatoon or just Squad)

2)Do you think that there should be like a high command structure so that the war is more organized.

3) *If multible platoons join up can one commander talk to all squad commanders and have them command their own troops or can one commander talk staight to the troops

Just a few questions hope im not repeating old post.
Old 2003-03-13, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Commanders

Originally posted by Snatch
[B]1)What commands do u think that a commander should have. such as setting special custom waypoints like insercion point here and extraction here. How many people they can command (Whole PLatoon or just Squad)
Is this an opinion or fact question? Commanders have global chat, waypoints, and other abilities. Any person can command a platoon or squad. A high level commander just has more command abilities at his/her disposal. The max amt of people, anyone can command is 30.

2)Do you think that there should be like a high command structure so that the war is more organized.
There already technically is, the more CEP you have the higher ranked commander you are.

3) *If multible platoons join up can one commander talk to all squad commanders and have them command their own troops or can one commander talk staight to the troops
A commander can talk to all squad commanders, if he/she is in hearing range or has high enough CEP to broadcast his/her chat over a large area. He can talk to the troops this way as well.
Old 2003-03-14, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Was going to post something, but Fire_Monkey has it covered.

One thing I want to point out is the most you can have is 1 platoon.
Old 2003-03-14, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mold
Sergeant

i just hope there isnt a way for people to ruin the game with command abilities. For example having little graphics on the map of where to attack and where to defend can be realy helpful, but i can just see some tard flooding the map with little graphics. Im sure you can choose which commanders you want to listen to, so this prolly wont be an issue. Lets just hope there arent any loopholes.

I mean i can just imagine some jabroni getting lvl 5 cammand rank and then spamming all of the command chats, and other features
Old 2003-03-14, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Since the devs will be monitoring the chat channels, people who do this will be removed. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 2003-03-14, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

You can probably ignore spamming commanders and turn down move commands and delete waypoints from your map tho =)
Old 2003-03-14, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

I doubt anyone would actually spend enough time to get to lvl 5 command just to be a jerk... but there are some serious assholes out there, it might be possible. Then SOE would deal with them tho because we would complaiN!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion