Ahh, the wait - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remove head from sphincter, than play Planetside!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-17, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Hamma
Open beta won't truly be "open" imo.
Ithought it worked like this.

Closed beta -this is what they are in now. Sony employees are testing and tweaking.

Limited open beta- this is the one with 1000 people.

Stress test(full open beta) - this is where they try to pack as many people on one server as they can. I was under the impression that anyone could get into this one.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-01-17, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
txMaddog
Corporal

Saw the blurp in Computer Gaming World way back when. My first thought was 'Why would I pay to play a FPS??' and forgot about it.

Recently started seeing adds in CGW so decided to look at it again and was impressed by what I saw. With the servers under SOE control cheating and such will (hopfully) be kept to a minimum if not eliminated. After playing TFC for 3 years, Tribes 2 for a year, RtCW a couple months, BF1942 since release and Urban Terror for a month or so and seeing all the Aim bots, wall hacks and LLAMAS, paying to play on a cheat free, minimal llama server that encourages TEAM PLAY would be worth it.

Napalm: I'm 36 and still a semi-hard core gamer.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-01-17, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

Stupid goddamn Llamas

me hates em!

Old 2003-01-17, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
RabidPlatypus
Sergeant

I seriously doubt there will be a no-holds-barred open beta.
Old 2003-01-17, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

I've been following PS off and on since PC Gamer released an artical on it back in there December 2000 issue. I was excited about it for a few months and really didn't follow it closely untill about November and December of 2002 when I jumped on the forum wagon here and a few of the other sites. And I've been following it closely ever since. It's like Sturm said you can go nuts waiting for the game to come out. Just look at Team Fortress 2 and Duke Nukem Forever see what I mean.
Old 2003-01-17, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

I've been following PS since early last year but I wasn't really into the forums and what not until I stopped playing Tribes 2 competatively. Being engulfed in the world that is Tribes is a very demanding addiction.
Old 2003-01-17, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by RabidPlatypus
I seriously doubt there will be a no-holds-barred open beta.
To quote Dave himself:

"After Exclusive Open Beta, we'll have a General Open Beta. "General" means that we'll be putting as many able-bodied gamers onto the servers at once as possible. This is a true stress of both server loads and the macro-gamebalancing that happens in the game. It's also the point in the beta process when folks will be generally just "playing the game" instead of focusing on certain areas of the game for testing."

This sounds pretty no-holds-barred to me.

Old 2003-01-17, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Modulus
Private

Well I found out about this game 2 weeks ago suprisingly by one of my friends telling me about SWG which i thought might be cool but i dont really like star wars because they have made way to many games about star wars already they've kind of blown star way out of proportion. I don't really like the light saber any ways i'd rather have a vanu magrider and use its main cannon against a jedi and see if he can use his force against that...
Well anyways when i seen PS after i was done looking at SWG i was stoked! Since I've always been into FPS games anyways i thought this is it... this is the one... the game I've been waiting for so now I've been telling everyone i know about that likes FPS games.

Later guys...
Old 2003-01-17, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Yet again, this is about the 10th post I've agreed with lex on today. I know it's cold but did hell really freeze over ???

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-17, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

You're damn right... it's colder than an eskimo's ass down here. TURN UP THE HEAT!!
Old 2003-01-17, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
Yet again, this is about the 10th post I've agreed with lex on today. I know it's cold but did hell really freeze over ???
Isn't this one of the signs that Christ's return is imminant?

Old 2003-01-17, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Diego
First Sergeant

Yeah, CS had a no-holds bar download for there 2.0/1.6 BETA thing, and that wen't to shit, lets just hope that PS gets some good hosting so the downloads can be done..
Old 2003-01-17, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Blood
Private

I've only just seen a glimpse of PlanetSide and im hoping its going to be as good as it currently looks.
I have no idea what class im going to be or whatever but im sure it'll be vehicle oriantated as i was a pilot in Operation Flashpoint and absolutly loved it

So lets see..in answer to ur question ive been waiting a good hour for this game now
Old 2003-01-17, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Ive been following it on and off ever since it came up at E3. Althought until recently I haven't been gathering all the info from it, because I kinda forgot. So on/off would be a good way to describe.
Old 2003-01-17, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
RabidPlatypus
Sergeant

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
To quote Dave himself:

"After Exclusive Open Beta, we'll have a General Open Beta. "General" means that we'll be putting as many able-bodied gamers onto the servers at once as possible. This is a true stress of both server loads and the macro-gamebalancing that happens in the game. It's also the point in the beta process when folks will be generally just "playing the game" instead of focusing on certain areas of the game for testing."

This sounds pretty no-holds-barred to me.
the fact that he said able-bodied suggests there will be a LOT of people let in, but not unlimited
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion