Vote for TotalBiscuit king of the web - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donating Money...Feels better than donating a kidney!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-08-18, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

Exclamation Vote for TotalBiscuit king of the web

We all love TB from his awsome PS2 footage and now his willingness to support charity. If u didn't know He is trying to win king of the web Battle Royal and is planning to donate all his winings to this charity: http://mycharitywater.org/totalbiscuit so go support an awsome youtuber and an awsome cause.

>>>>Link(watch his campaign vids first): http://tinyurl.com/votetotalbiscuit

More info:
Old 2012-08-19, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Re: Vote for TotalBiscuit king of the web

donatings winnings is often a hell of a cheap publicity expense

Not that I'm cynical or anything :P

Nah, TB's cool. just messin :P
Old 2012-08-19, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

King of the web.... Wtf. TB is ok but thats all. Just because he is covering ps2 (btw he get probably payed for covering it) and just because he is doing some charity hr is still far away from being the king of the web. There better youtubers and others out there.
Old 2012-08-19, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
King of the web.... Wtf. TB is ok but thats all. Just because he is covering ps2 (btw he get probably payed for covering it) and just because he is doing some charity hr is still far away from being the king of the web. There better youtubers and others out there.
As a gamer I have a very hard time to think of anyone better. Robbaz perhaps but he's more about comedy- TB offers intellectual thoughts and viewpoints, always has something interesting to say and does a hell of a good work overall.

He started getting payed since he got partnered with SOE- but he covered PS2 long before that happend and I have a feeling he would've continued even if they didnt pay him. Although we wouldn't have gotten the live-streams from E3 with him had they not partnered- that was a very good move of theirs. Don't see how the money makes him any less loved for covering PS2 so well.
Old 2012-08-19, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
JADO
Private

I'd vote for him but i don't really wanna sign up to FB just to vote.
Old 2012-08-19, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

same here. I really don't want to sign up to facebook just to vote
Old 2012-08-19, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I don't actually like TB... probably because I knew him before he was 'famous'.

Old 2012-08-19, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vancha
Colonel

You don't need to sign up to facebook to vote, unless they've changed something since I registered...

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
I can't really think of anyone who has a shot of winning that has objectively better content...The channels with real substance/talent tend not to have anywhere near as many subs as the "junk-food" channels.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-08-19 at 01:10 PM.
Old 2012-08-19, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Never give your facebook or twitter details to external sites.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Kitsune
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I don't actually like TB... probably because I knew him before he was 'famous'.
He made a video a while back kinda telling people his history with the whole youtube thing and his marriage and whatnot. He said he is less stressed and cynical as he was back when he started now that his life is somewhat in order. Some of the youtube comments from long time subscribers said he did seem happier and more relaxed, but I'm too lazy to look for the vid so you can only take my word for it.

But back on subject, TB really does work very hard to get these videos out. He's like a business man with the number of times he flies from place to place to provide game coverage. He's very much a realist when it comes to games, as he will note what is and is not working. His first impression videos are what a lot of people rely on when in the market for new games. Heck thanks to him I got Sins Of A Solar Empire, Super Monday Night Combat, Tribes Ascend, End Of Nations, and I think Dungeon Defenders. Having lots of fun with this stuff that I would never have found if it was not for his outlook on these games. Heck he's the reason I'm here on Planetside in the first place. I enjoy his commentary for Gw2 but hope he does not feel he has to do vids about it as he said himself at one point, that he kinda wanted it to be a game he could play for himself and not youtube.

Anyway, I do wish he at least does well. He has my vote
Old 2012-08-20, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Regulus
Private

I like that he's giving his proceeds to charity. That's generous. He's also done a great job of getting some youtube hype for Planetside 2.
Old 2012-08-20, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
He made a video a while back kinda telling people his history with the whole youtube thing and his marriage and whatnot. He said he is less stressed and cynical as he was back when he started now that his life is somewhat in order. Some of the youtube comments from long time subscribers said he did seem happier and more relaxed, but I'm too lazy to look for the vid so you can only take my word for it.

But back on subject, TB really does work very hard to get these videos out. He's like a business man with the number of times he flies from place to place to provide game coverage. He's very much a realist when it comes to games, as he will note what is and is not working. His first impression videos are what a lot of people rely on when in the market for new games. Heck thanks to him I got Sins Of A Solar Empire, Super Monday Night Combat, Tribes Ascend, End Of Nations, and I think Dungeon Defenders. Having lots of fun with this stuff that I would never have found if it was not for his outlook on these games. Heck he's the reason I'm here on Planetside in the first place. I enjoy his commentary for Gw2 but hope he does not feel he has to do vids about it as he said himself at one point, that he kinda wanted it to be a game he could play for himself and not youtube.

I don't begrudge him or anything. Don't get me wrong. What he has done despite himself is impressive. I guess we all mature over time, he and I might even be friends if given the chance.

Anyway, he isn't going to be King of the Web until Forbes says so.

Old 2012-08-21, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post

He is less cynical and less british than he used to be
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge