AGN: ReachCast Community Question #81 - What Does SOE Need To Do To Get You On the PTS? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason she left
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-20, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Deringer
ReachCast Show

Question ReachCast Community Question #81 - What Does SOE Need To Do To Get You On the PTS?

This week's ReachCast Community question is ...

"What would SOE have to do to get you to play on PTS one night a week?"

As always, respond here or e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at (415)787-3224!

P.S. Have a Happy Easter!
Old 2014-04-20, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Re: ReachCast Community Question #81 - What Does SOE Need To Do To Get You On the PTS

See: How to Rock the PTS: Top 10 Must-Haves to Improve PTS Participation! (PTS Repost)
Old 2014-04-20, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Re: ReachCast Community Question #81 - What Does SOE Need To Do To Get You On the PTS

Make the download size smaller.

lol.

Honestly that's the only gripe I have. I love the idea of the PTS, but I just can't be bothered to spend two days (with my crappy internet) downloading the PTS client, just to basically fly around an empty sever.

I realize that by not participating, I am in fact perpetuating the empty server problem. But, yah.
Old 2014-04-20, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Cert grants, 1 day XP boosts for participating on the test nights, etc. Anything to incentivize people from switching from live to the PTS that will have an effect on their live characters. That about the only idea I can think of to increase participation regarding the PTS right now.
Old 2014-04-21, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

I used to be on but having to wait through the 8 Gb full download each time they add something got the better of me in the end.
Old 2014-04-21, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Optimize the update process. Not everyone has unlimited bandwith and to download files of that size everytime they make a change is a huge pain in the ass.

As Kestro already stated. +1

Old 2014-04-21, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

I would say, if you spend at least 1 hour per week you get a 1 day XP boost. I would do that. Log in, play around for an hour and test stuff out, collect XP boost and then go into the actual game to use it. This way your time in the PTS isnt lost as you will get it back via the boost. If they max it to 1 per week, people cant abuse it.
Old 2014-04-21, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Outside of paying me an hourly wage, there's not a lot SOE can do.

I understood that the game was released as "checkers," but I've always thought it had the potential and the developer desire to become "chess."

For almost 2 years now - we've seen a bunch of updates... made the checkers nicer. Improved the quality of the checkerboard. Fiddled with statistics, rewards, and scoring systems for checkers.... but we're still playing checkers - with no evolution anywhere on the horizon.
Old 2014-04-21, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
Outside of paying me an hourly wage, there's not a lot SOE can do.

I understood that the game was released as "checkers," but I've always thought it had the potential and the developer desire to become "chess."

For almost 2 years now - we've seen a bunch of updates... made the checkers nicer. Improved the quality of the checkerboard. Fiddled with statistics, rewards, and scoring systems for checkers.... but we're still playing checkers - with no evolution anywhere on the horizon.
There is some evolution, but it isn't scheduled until Fall / Winter. Only chance at an evolution for PS2 is a clean Playstation 4 launch, and the only way that happens is debugging on the test server.

Beta's still on is all, I just wish they'd admit it.

Last edited by Edfishy; 2014-04-21 at 08:38 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion