"Highlight" key binding - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bill Gates is the Devil, and someone just ate Apple!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-05-28, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
yonman
Corporal

Arrow Gameplay: "Highlight" key binding

One thing I always wished for in PS1 was integration with external tools that affect the player, particularly for voice-comms. For example, highlighting a player's name in the overhead squad bar when he presses the PTT for speaking in some external program.

While actually integrating is difficult, creating a "highlight player" keybind sounds relatively straightforward. Then the user may simply bind the same key he uses in the external program and violla - instant highlight.

I figured this can be taken another step and allow users to bind different highlight colors to different keys so (for example) I'd bind the same key "fire weapon" is bound to so that it highlights myself when I fire so that squad leaders can instantly tell who is engaged and who isn't.

Another possible step is to take this highlighting outside of the squad bar and place icons above players' heads, flash map location indicators for the players ... etc.

Last edited by yonman; 2012-05-28 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Prefixing?
Old 2012-05-29, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jinxsey
Corporal

Re: "Highlight" key binding

I realy like this idea.

If my name-plate is highlighted in some way when I am firing my weapon I think that would provide squad leaders with a very powerful tool to show at a glance, just how heavily engaged their squad is.

Infact, it would be nice for SL's to be able to spec into this so that they could see "remaining primary weapon ammunition" as well, or perhaps remaining grenades or similar along with "class" and perhaps even distance from the leader's position and a compass direction similar to the grid referances displayed in PS1.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Furber
First Sergeant

Re: "Highlight" key binding

Would love to see something like this

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault