Cont locking bonuses need to change - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd hit it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-06-30, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Cont locking bonuses need to change

In there current form the cont locking bonuses are NOT a good, thing. Its easy to ignore this as we finally got the new cont we've wanted for a while and cont locking but the actual bonuses have some major downsides in terms of game balance.

Basically it comes down to this, locking a cont can only be done for the most part if you are dominating the other factions. However these cont locking bonuses give you a bonus in strength for doing so as you can spawn twice as many MAXs/vehicles/aircraft. Yes the timer limits this slightly but for those who have maxed out the acquisition timer and even those who haven't this bonus still means they can spawn them much more than normal, while the factions that got beaten can't... so they are basically fighting at a disadvantage against a faction which was already winning.

This is INSANE.

The hossin bonus is great, its a exp bonus which encourages people to fight over it but doesn't give a strength bonus, the other conts need their locking bonus to be changed along the lines of this.

Sadly I'm not to sure what it can be for now, but it can't stay as it is. I heard they are planning to alter how resources work so theres 1 pool for everything but of course that wouldn't help, actually it would make everything worse people could spam everything if they lock a cont and if the bonuses combine together it would mean 1/4 cost for MAXs, aircraft, and vehicles.

So the reason for the thread? well 2 fold really.

1. Point out how flawed this system is.

2. Get some ideas floating around for what the bonus could be instead.
Old 2014-06-30, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cont locking bonuses need to change

Well, playing off of the XP bonus I can see two other possibilities:

> Implant bonus: -25% battery drain, plus extra implants on drop
> Merchandise bonus: additional random pack is made available in the depot for 50% off
Old 2014-06-30, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
War Barney
Sergeant Major

The implant bonus is a good one, implants are helpful but being able to use less chargers isn't going to win any fights really.

The depot though I doubt they'll do as its going to cost them money to have another item on a discount, though it would be cool to see.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Couple more...

> Secrecy bonus: Your empire's population density shows up as "Jammed" in territories occupied by less than 48 troops.
> Rental bonus: Rent a weapon for an indefinite amount of time with all attachments unlocked. 30 minute cooldown to switch active rental.
Old 2014-07-05, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
War Barney
Sergeant Major

They really need to just disable the lock bonuses till they think up better ones, right now it encourages ghost capping to a stupid level, all I ever see is 60%+ pops ghost locking conts then quickly moving onto conts that unlock to ghost cap them as well as the lock bonus is such a HUGE bonus you'd be insane to not get it.
Old 2014-07-09, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
obuw
Private

Giving bonuses to the already overwhelmingly powerful faction is never a good idea. There should really be a downside to this.

Here's an idea: For every continent lock bonus you have, the enemy factions should earn +20% xp from killing you.

Keep the bonuses as they are, switch the hossin bonus to something other than xp (-50% implant drain sounds like a good idea). Then you give some solid incentive to the losing factions to make them gang up against the winner.

That should maintain the balance of power somewhat, I think?
Old 2014-07-09, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
robocpf1
First Sergeant

They will be redoing the continent lock bonuses as part of the new resource update.
Old 2014-07-09, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
War Barney
Sergeant Major

So give it a couple of years and it'll be fixed, hooray! Same with the redeploy system I guess
Old 2014-08-03, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BNGSGaming
Private

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion