PlanetSide Next Producer Letter Coming - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's html?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-08, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: PlanetSide Next Producer Letter Coming

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
''we hope to bring you at least a few words from the Producer next week to whet your appetite and anticipation for the future''

not 'promise', 'guarantee', not even 'explicitly told' are anywhere in that sentence , directly copied and pasted from the official forums.
ahhhh, well shit on me. I must have missed that word, but you guys are right. "Hoping" to have the letter this week certainly is not a promise. I'm still disappointed, but also kicking myself a bit for missing that key word.

The letter will come, and I'm sure it will be short on details anyway. I'm just looking forward to the actual start of the marketing push. I know the game is real, but seeing that will make it even more real and alot closer.

EDIT: You know, for once here, I'd like to see SOE do what we do in our company. Tell the clients that it will be 2 weeks, and then get it done in 1 week so you suprise the client and look like a hero.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-04-08 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2011-04-08, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
duck
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
ahhhh, well shit on me. I must have missed that word, but you guys are right. "Hoping" to have the letter this week certainly is not a promise. I'm still disappointed, but also kicking myself a bit for missing that key word.

The letter will come, and I'm sure it will be short on details anyway. I'm just looking forward to the actual start of the marketing push. I know the game is real, but seeing that will make it even more real and alot closer.

EDIT: You know, for once here, I'd like to see SOE do what we do in our company. Tell the clients that it will be 2 weeks, and then get it done in 1 week so you suprise the client and look like a hero.
Wow man. Another play on words from SOE. First they say they have a "big launch" coming March, which from a neutral POV you can see that they are referring to a launch of a new game meaning the release of a new game. Now they said they "hope" to release a producer's letter this week, and everyone a week ago was anticipating something from SOE regarding the status of the game since they have neglected us for 2 months, but there it goes again... SOE fools us.
SOE: Stop providing nonsense garbage to the fans. If you can't promise us anything, then it is better to keep your mouths shut than to LIE or to speak very very very vaguely and in an obscure fashion
Old 2011-04-08, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Do you people HAVE REAL jobs? Holy crap. Things happen. People get VERY busy. Maybe he caught a virus. MAYBE THEY ARE REALLY FOCUSED ON THE GAME. Maybe they are restructuring the company because if all the terminations. Maybe he started writing it and his wife called him for a booty call, having a failing relationship he decided that goin home to see her was important.

No wonder this country is so fucked, everyone throws a hissy fit when things don't happen 3 days ago.
Old 2011-04-08, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

So then dont promise things peace... I have a job and when i say something will be done next week i have to... you know do it next week. We are the customers...
Old 2011-04-08, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Raymac
Brigadier General

The letter's going to be released soon enough. I'm sure it will be days, not weeks.
Old 2011-04-08, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
duck
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
So then dont promise things peace... I have a job and when i say something will be done next week i have to... you know do it next week. We are the customers...
Exactly. SOE's PR is doing a terrible job. Next week means next week, stop trying to defend SOE. They lied to us, just admit it people.

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
The letter's going to be released soon enough. I'm sure it will be days, not weeks.
"Soon" has been forever. We don't want vague description. Give us dates, give us an exact time.
PS:Next got delayed, but when was it supposed to be released?
Is PS:Next going to end up like Black Mesa Source? A project in the works for many years, "still in the alpha stages," and from time-to-time release screen shots, but no time-frame for the game's release? Yep, sounds like it.
Old 2011-04-08, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Sirisian
Colonel

Odd checked back today (11:54 PM at the moment in my time zone) thinking I would see something on the front page.

I agree with the exact date things. If you say you're going to give an announcement or something at least make the pre-announcement have an exact day. Like "On April X at 5 PM EST we'll be releasing information about the announcement to the announcement of Planetside Next".
Old 2011-04-08, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Sifer2
Major

Technically in America at least they could still post it tomorrow an have got it done in the week they said they would lol.

But yeah i'm surprised it wasn't posted. Someone must have just plain forgot about it. That or it needed to be sent to some PR guy for approval and he didn't realize it was time sensitive.
Old 2011-04-09, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

They didn't "lie" they said they were going to try do this. Yall act like someone told you you were going to die and then you didn't calm down and be patient. Its a virtue very few seem to have. Ya'll are ridiculous
Old 2011-04-09, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
TRex
First Sergeant

The big difference between swg/eq and ps:n is that the former are games published , so a producers letter is quite easy . Just say hello and give a few words on how you hope to maintain their support and talk about upcoming events in the pipeline.
PS:N is a different fish. They are trying a new engine , maybe thats fucked up and they are back to drawing board, or suddenly it opens up a whole new world of cool stuff and ideas they threw away and now brought them back. Anyway, making a new game is an organic process , and sometimes shit happens . Maybe the Producer was busy till midnight with the game development , or just waiting till they have a semi-concrete idea what to reveal so as not invoke the wrath of the community by promising hovering vanguards then replacing them with rubber dingies.
I'd be interested in hearing about any of that for my own sheer curiosity , but unfortunately thsi isn't Paul Barnett from Mythic doing his little Podcasts , it's soe . They are still learning , look at original planetside advertising or lack of it if you dont believe me. You should all be used to this by now , so just be patient.
Old 2011-04-09, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
They didn't "lie" they said they were going to try do this. Yall act like someone told you you were going to die and then you didn't calm down and be patient. Its a virtue very few seem to have. Ya'll are ridiculous
We haven't dissected the meaning of every word in the sentences yet of Smed's posts. I'm sure it's a code of some kind maybe a date.
Old 2011-04-09, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

It sure seems like ya have. Take it with a grain of salt and a dash of respect guys. The letter will probably be dropped next week. Are you going to not play the game because of this? I hope not.
Old 2011-04-09, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Aractain
Major

At least they arn't doing a valve ARG...

Last edited by Aractain; 2011-04-09 at 04:02 AM.
Old 2011-04-09, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Nothing has been promised.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-04-09, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
kamikava
Private

I don't think i've ever been this excited about a letter
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion