The PS2 Community by time E3 is over - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu = Barney and Friends
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-18, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The PS2 Community by time E3 is over

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
This is a good thing, finally we might get the community push Planetside needs....

Just remember to do your bit!! <3

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-05-19 at 04:46 AM.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Not to mention countless people that are PS vets on here posting probably play BF3 and/or CoD too. lol.
I know we would all feel a bit "dirty" for having to admit it, but we do need to play something while we're waiting for the new PS, don't we?

Oh, and I never got the point of prestiging. Do all that fragathon stuff to get the cool unlocks, then do it all again and again. Not enough hours in my life for that shit.
Old 2012-05-19, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Karriz
Private

I guess you'll see a big amount of people coming from BF games, I'm one of them as well.

The direction that BF3 took was somewhat disappointing, so many people are now looking for another large-scale FPS to play.
Old 2012-05-19, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Karriz View Post
I guess you'll see a big amount of people coming from BF games, I'm one of them as well.

The direction that BF3 took was somewhat disappointing, so many people are now looking for another large-scale FPS to play.
You will get more the BF3 ever could offer you here and with Planetside. Enjoy!!
Old 2012-05-19, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

It's easy to think it's a BF clone or whatever if you havent played or heard of PS before. But fact is, you only have to play for an hour or two to see it's not... and you can't actually have an opinion besides "it looks cool" or "it looks shit", unless you have played PS before because there's no other game like it.
Old 2012-05-19, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

the best option is to ignore the "hurrdurr bf3/halo clone" guys. they obviously didnt care to do any research and they are not interested in learning any of the facts. of course you could try to tell them but i dont think they will listen. it will be a waste of time.

as for the lonewolf kinda guys...they are in every game out there. its the casual gamers. they just want to relax for an hour or so. you see them in bf3 as the snipers on the attacking team on rush mode and you will see them in ps2 too and that is ok. there is always a chance that a casual gamer becomes a more competitive one. more so if he/she joins an outfit in ps2

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Old 2012-05-19, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Any of you think that a lot of those other FPS'ers will have issues with maxes or Tanks blowing them away. Planetside is not Battlefield 3. You will see close to 50-100 tanks and or 50-100 Fighter Jets. They will be pigeon feed and that they are not used to.
Old 2012-05-19, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by dachlatte View Post
the best option is to ignore the "hurrdurr bf3/halo clone" guys. they obviously didnt care to do any research and they are not interested in learning any of the facts. of course you could try to tell them but i dont think they will listen. it will be a waste of time.
There was that time back when PS2 was just announced at Fan Faire and we had this group of maybe 30-50 active posters, we all knew each other well and there was a lot of productive discussion.

Then we started getting the influx of COD/BF/Halo players... god damn most of them are annoying. Not all of them of course... Stardouser for example came from the BF3 forums and is a very respectable guy... but there are some people who just keep pushing for this game to be a generic FPS with 2000 players.
Old 2012-05-19, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
It's easy to think it's a BF clone or whatever if you havent played or heard of PS before. But fact is, you only have to play for an hour or two to see it's not... and you can't actually have an opinion besides "it looks cool" or "it looks shit", unless you have played PS before because there's no other game like it.
Well, let's be honest: nothing that has been shown so far really rubs on their face what the differences between PS2 and BF3 really are.

There is always Higby and other people saying "it's massive, like you've never seen before", but most people will only believe it when they'll see it, or play it.

When watching the video TotalBiscuit made, as a PS1 vet, I was really excited because I knew what it was all about.

But at the same time I tried to look at it with a newbie's point of view, and I have to admit I understand why some might think it just looks like BF in space.
As long as they don't show the hundreds of players, the tactical teamplay, and some Planetside moments, it'll just be some dude running around and shooting tanks on a big map, just like what you can get in BF3.

But that's up to us to try to show them the difference, even if we have to repeat the same things again and again.
Afterall, that's what Higby does in those interviews: he has not been asked anything new for months, and just patiently repeated the damn same thing again and again ^^"
Old 2012-05-20, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
chipshop
Private

i'm one of these noobs...2nd post here and never played planetside...but i have had my eye on this site for a wee while now. i've recently lost much hope for the state of multiplayer gamin.

until i saw PS2. this looks like the game i have always wanted to play. i'll be there day1...it'll take me a while to find my feet, work it all out...as far as i ever got in battlefield 2 was runnin after folks throwin out ammo. and that satisfied me. i've no idea what to expect but the current community seem very cool to me - i look forward to becomin part of it.
Old 2012-05-20, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by chipshop View Post
i'm one of these noobs...2nd post here and never played planetside...but i have had my eye on this site for a wee while now. i've recently lost much hope for the state of multiplayer gamin.

until i saw PS2. this looks like the game i have always wanted to play. i'll be there day1...it'll take me a while to find my feet, work it all out...as far as i ever got in battlefield 2 was runnin after folks throwin out ammo. and that satisfied me. i've no idea what to expect but the current community seem very cool to me - i look forward to becomin part of it.
Welcome. You like being a support player I see. You are in the right place. Planetside 1 & 2 may be some of the only games to allow someone getting zero kills be more helpful than someone getting lots of kills.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

i'd like to think that as a community we are very welcoming, however it is a discussion forum so there will be a bumping of heads

Edit: I went and read the comments on youtube under the TB video. See i'm in the thinking of round based FPS gamers are repetitive Its like masturbation..... great until you get a good woman (planetside) and then it becomes meh compared to the sex that is.. persistent combat. Since the first game was release in 2003 i have yet to find any game to hook me.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2012-05-20 at 07:23 PM.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
LegioX
First Sergeant

I still miss the good old ww2oline days (back when it first came out), where you would have 100's of people fighting for a city. Ground battle/air battle. Never forget being a footsoldier walking to town and seeing a huge airbattle over the city. I hope planetside can replicate that
Old 2012-05-20, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Remember kids: Service means Citizenship!
Old 2012-05-21, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
I still miss the good old ww2oline days (back when it first came out), where you would have 100's of people fighting for a city. Ground battle/air battle. Never forget being a footsoldier walking to town and seeing a huge airbattle over the city. I hope planetside can replicate that
The night ops video gives just a small taster of that with a couple of streams of tracer fire and one or two aircraft overhead.... just imagine that x20 or x50 ... and keep your head down because the air units will be coming in for strafing/bombing runs too
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion