Over-Under Empire Specific Rifles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pwned. Since 2002.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-13, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Over-Under Empire Specific Rifles

I stole this idea from another thread. I don�t remember who bought it up, but I really liked the idea which was mentioned briefly. The idea was to have �over under� rifle and single shot punisher style grenade launchers for the 3 empire specific weapons.

So this would basically take your 3 empire MA rifles and add Punisher style single shot grenade launchers to them.

My thoughts on this were that it would be a devastating combination and be very effective in the field. Too much power to remain MA. But, I liked it so much I tried to think of a way to incorporate it in the game that would not adversely effect the game certifications and bring the added variety these weapons would introduce.

My solution is to have 3 new rifles added as described above, but bundle them with the Heavy Assault certification. This would give a viable option to people who specialized in heavy infantry roles without just being restricted to a single weapon of choice.

Now rather than always choosing the MiniChainGun, you might easily choose the "Over Cycler" and have a kick ass grenade launching Cycler.

Oh, my suggested names for these new weapons are:

TR: Over Cycler
NC: Heavy Gauss
VS: Assault Pulsar

Thoughts? Ideas? Flames?
Old 2004-02-13, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I would make it a 2 cert thing(becsaue its not that much better)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Agreed, it'll need to be worth certs if it has the extra mode...don't think people would dish out 2 certs for a grenade.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Id just make it a one cert add on, and that would give those "1 cert left" guys a new toy.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ducimus
Sergeant

Basically, you want this?
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m203.htm

Would be pretty cool. Great addition if you could slap an M203 on all three empire MA's.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Cool idea but needs some work for example no one will want another punisher style weapon add something more empire specific to each one like the Over Cycler "need to work on the names too" have instead of firing one grenade have it fire 2 or 3 in quick succesion, with Heavy Gauss have it shoot one big ass grenade or maybe a grenade that when it explodes releases shrapnel, and finally with the Assault Pulsar maybe have it so it fires an energy grenade where it is a ball of energy that on contact burns or explodes. Pretty cool idea though.
Old 2004-02-14, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jagd
Major

Somebody was asking about this on the OF, and Smoke said it's not gonna happen since the Punisher already does that. They have also made similar comments when people have asked to increase the Punisher's accuracy; get your empire MA for hitting power and accuracy, get a Punisher if you want a cheap thumper.
Old 2004-02-14, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kaikou
Second Lieutenant

Well...I like the "3 new guns" replacing the current HA.. The main problem is NC have an extreme advantage indoors, where 99% of the fighting takes place. I suggested something in the "An Idea" thread that would fix 99% of battles being indoors which would immediately put the JH in line with the other two as it is, but for now I'll just leave that as is. The lasher is fine, the MCG I can't really comment on, as I am TR and my opinion on it would probably be bias to all the non TR. Anyway, if these 3 new guns were to have similar performance indoors but varying performances outside, it'd be very fair. I......can't think of anything more to say.

As stated above, the only problem with HA is the jackhammer, because it is impossible to win against it indoors, which is where 99% of the battles end up.
Old 2004-02-14, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Empire medium assault with grenades would mean thousands more jammer grenades per battle. Vehicles would be hosed.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-14, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Veteran
Empire medium assault with grenades would mean thousands more jammer grenades per battle. Vehicles would be hosed.
Naw, vehicles would just have to respect infantry and not immediately think... "Oh, goodie, free mowing to up my kill count and make me look L33t"

Plus in my sueegestion these new weapons would be added to HA where they belong IMHO. So perhaps when attacking a NC base you might face 10,000 Heavy Gauss users and 10,000 Jack users rather then the 20,000 Jack users.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-02-14 at 11:26 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion