The Underrated Supressor - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Once you pop, you can't stop
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-11, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jabberwocky
Sergeant

The Underrated Supressor

The Supressor has got to be one of my favorite weapons in the game. I played the NC a while ago and I perferred it even to the Gauss. The beauty of the weapon is that each shot counts, almost every shot I shoot with the Supressor is right on target. When kneeling, you barely have to compensate for the small COF bloom and are able to kill in about half a clip, even from long range.
When moving, you can run and gun with the Supressor. The small cone of fire allows you to sprint around your target running to and from cover while hitting him with almost every shot. Its rate of fire is pretty good, and its reload time is superb, but the best thing about the Supressor is its adaptability. It is awesome at long range (assuming you are not fighting a sniper) and it isn't a bad weapon at short range either. It can be used indoors and outdoors and is more flexible than many "situational weapons"

Supressor 4evar.

Another Chance
Spirit Warriors
Old 2004-02-11, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't see how you could take it over the Guass, Punisher maybe, but Guass? Either way, yeah it's a nice gun.
Old 2004-02-11, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Seer
Major

The suppressor has basically no cof bloom when crouched and still. It really does a number on the other guy's aim to be hit with so many consecutive shots.
Old 2004-02-11, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Not enough damage for me.

Old 2004-02-11, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
jedi
Staff Sergeant

The supressor is a nice gun. It's basically the Mp5 of the game but without the punch of a mp5-10A2. They need an assault rifle with the accuracy and firing rate of the supressor but a little less punch than the guass.
Old 2004-02-11, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Doop
Major

It's a good gun, you know, just a really self-explanatory gun. Good for a default weapon, but I'd take pulsar over it any day.
Old 2004-02-11, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yeah a gun that fires that fast and had damage close to a guas would be very over powered for a basic weapon

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-11, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LunarWarrior
Hamma's Bitch

i prefer my MCG or Cycler over a suppressor any day...its just....leeter

Member Of M.L.W.A.
Old 2004-02-11, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Now, if armor would slow you down a little less, and weapons would slow you down depending upon which weapon you use. Maybe I'd use suppressor...

Well, well, I'm gonna give it a shot. I've tried before, and it hasn't been all I've wanted.

Too bad it doesn't actually have a silencer.
Old 2004-02-11, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It's accurate, but it has poor stopping power. Low damage means that in a face to face fight where your added accuracy doesn't make any difference you'll be the one dying.

Even then though, short controlled bursts with a MA weapon can produce a similar if not superior effect compared to the Surpressor. Given the damage difference between the two classes of weapon, I'm not really sure the Surpressor's accuracy ammounts to much. Do you really get any kills with it that you wouldn't have gotten had you been using a Gauss rifle instead? I'm not so sure.
Old 2004-02-12, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Pulsar for indoors.

But outdoors (past 40m range), Suppresor beats Pulsar hand down.

Time to Kill, over Range:
www.greyfalcon.net/killspeed.gif

Firepower, stealth, (lack of) bursting and accuracy.

FACT: Outdoors, Suppresor > Pulsar
Old 2004-02-12, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by GreyFlcn
Pulsar for indoors.

But outdoors (past 40m range), Suppresor beats Pulsar hand down.

Time to Kill, over Range:
www.greyfalcon.net/killspeed.gif

Firepower, stealth, (lack of) bursting and accuracy.

FACT: Outdoors, Suppresor > Pulsar
Nice visual aid.
Old 2004-02-12, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

Im sorry but if you can kill more things with a suppressor than with a gauss or pualser than you have to be doing something wrong. Its range is the same as any of the medium assault weapons just with less damage. If you know how to use the gauss or w/e you can rack up kill faster, and more effeciently.
Old 2004-02-12, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

I used to be a huge Suppressor fan myself, and still kinda am. It's a fun weapon, no doubt. Someone called it the "Sniping Machine Gun" due to the accuracy of it. Even while moving and running, the accuracy is quite good for a second or two (enough to fire off plenty of shots). However, I found out that (as Warborn said) bursts of MA is just as, if not more than effective. Suppressor is really useful for someone who hasn't learned how to effectively burst yet. It's also useful for making someone feel ashamed for dying from a Suppressor.
Old 2004-02-12, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The supressor is crap. The small clip ensures that it will continue to suck. Its already been pointed out that if you have MA then you should be using that instead. You can kill troopers with Beamers and Repeaters as well but that doesnt mean they can stack up to other weapons no are them meant to. The supressor fits its role. You spawn with it so you are not defensless and switch it out for something better ASAP
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion