Test Server Patch - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Space for rent.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-13, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

One thing I was hoping for was a buff for the chain guns on the prowler but to no avail oh well maybe next patch they will actually make them usefull as aa for the prowler
Old 2004-02-13, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
FireWolf22
Sergeant

They gave them more ammo. They are ai weapons anyway not aa. The vanguard 25mm can't pitch high enough to even get to a reavor so they are useless to aa. They need to retorque the vanny and prowler anyways.

I hear peeps bitching already, but let me tell you something. The mag doesn't stop when it mows infantry. The prowler and vanny are pretty close on this one. The vanny gets it worse 'cause you can't even drive up a 25% hill faster than 25, if you are you can't turn. If you try and turn the vanny on a hill then you drop to 0 if moving slower than 15. Then you start this jittering if you are trying to drive forward and turn. Because it's trying to go forward, but the turning is causeing you to stop. I seen a Vanny when I was playing TR on markov at hossin base on cyssor stuck on a 4 ft bump in the ground down toward the water. Playing NC on Emerald, have traded my vanny for other things because of this. You can't even mow a infantry in the old rexo at 35 kph and when you hit you come to a dead stop. Sorry it's a damn tank live with the ability of it being able to run you over and you turn into this greeze spot on the terrain.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I tried this out this morning. Its really badass to spawn a Thresher and have 900 ammo. Now if they could just totally redesign the weapon from the ground up so that it doesnt suck
Old 2004-02-13, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Interesting patch, hopefully the lancer will be tweaked more before the final patch. The thing is a bit too uber now :\

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-02-13, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Skullhead
Corporal

I like the DC max now and with the faster 'lockdown' it is just great.. The new pounder is an excellent Tower supression weapon. if anyone is out there testing out the new pounder I ask if they can use the lazer spotting thingy with the pounder and get accurate support from a distance. Personal shield is great, Increased ammo is exceptional. Definatly see an increase in the lancer and lasher usage.

Finially things that are useful..
Old 2004-02-13, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like another campaign of VS playing enemy empires to force buffs for themselves has come to a close.

Works every time.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-14, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
EarlyDawn
Major General

I think the lancer is fine. Keep in mind that's what most were certing, while Test server Terrans certed at least one MAX. It would appear overpowered, but it's just the arms composition on the test server.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion