New job for infils and base defence.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The meaning of life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-13, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Lightbulb New job for infils and base defence..

How about they add a security room to the bases. (This would enable the devs to implement force domes if they wish.) The terminal would enable you to disable phlanx turrets, the shield etc with varying hack times depending on the gains if successfull. How about fixed motion sensors in the base too? these could also be disabled in the security terminal.

For the defenders someone with high CE could use the terminal to change alert status of the base e.g. if they know there is a incomming zerg put the base onto red alert increasing the time on door locks for hacking attackers and putting up a audible alert and relative colour sirens etc. Maybe a plan of the base could be brought up, so forcefields could be put up herding attackers into choke points, of course the forcefields can be shot/hacked down? Or if a pain module is aquired the security room could set specifically where the pain field is set e.g could be specifically placed on CC room.

I don't want a flame war starting here, this is just what I, MYSELF think might add to the game. Constructive criticism please..
Old 2004-02-13, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cauldron Borne
Captain

nice idea, but wouldn't the CE's just set the base permanently on high alert? How 'bout this:

The higher the alert status the more NTU drain the base suffers from, or it would last for less and less: low alert- lasts indefinatly; medium alert- lasts for 1 hour w/ a 1 hour wait period before the setting can be replaced AND only some security settings can be set. High alert- all setting can be set, lasts for half an hour and cannot be reset for an hour after expiation.

And only CR3+ could set these security options.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-02-13, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Yay you guys are smart I didn't have to say nothing.
Old 2004-02-13, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I've always thought a variety of hackable things which control other things would be a good idea. Phalanx turrets, vehicle terminals, all base door locks, the facility's lattice benefit, module benefits, etc, all could be hacked off by an Advanced Hacker for 5 minutes, but rehacked back on by an enemy Advanced Hacker should you be unable to hold the panel.
Old 2004-02-14, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Cauldron Born thats a brilliant idea, I would like to think I would have thought of that but it was pretty early when I had that brain flash lol. I think maybe the CE should be even higher than as your'e just going to get loads of wanna be commanders setting random alert status and there will be a rush to the security room. This option is a privilage and I think there are enough high CE peeps out there to make this work!

Oh and when the base is put on high alert the security room would lock down for 10 min periods at the time (even when door panal is hacked there is a 10min countdown until the door opens) effectivly trapping the person inside to command the base. The motion sensors could be in the form of a laser gate across points e.g. back door so the commander could effectivly locate the amount of enemies comming into the base at a certain point to direct defenders. When the timer for the door to opens passes 5 minutes the person commanding will receive a warning as such telling them so, so they can at least be ready when the zerg comes in to slaghter them. The point of trapping them in the room may not be popular with some but I think it means if you set a level of high security you cannot do it just cos you feel like it but you are prepared to follow it through. The door timer can then be reset after a period of 2 min and relocked if the room is made secure once more by defenders.

Last edited by PhoenixTypeX; 2004-02-14 at 04:47 AM. Reason: More ideas
Old 2004-02-14, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fenrys
Major

This command room would be a good place to have the NTU flow-controll features we were talking about a few weeks ago (being able to direct NTU's to the various broken things in the base to repair them, such as turrets and spawn tubes).
Old 2004-02-14, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

I think so, hang on taking this a step futher, this command room could be quite big and have a silo door which when you goto red alert comes down to shut you in. To get to this silo door you have to breach another door which can be taken down with sizable firepower (which if you hae put the base on red alert there should be a zerg literally knocking on ure door) I rethought this and maybe the commander using the console at the time can only implement red alert status if on the map there is a "massive enemy" situation. middle alert (orange) can be accessed if there is a "huge enemy"

I'd like to expand this thread please so keep your ideas comming in!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion