Dual wield pistols yes or no? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: something to think about
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Dual wield pistols for PS2
Yes 15 14.71%
No 72 70.59%
Have to see it first in beta 15 14.71%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.13 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-03-18, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Absolute no for me. This isn't an arcade-kinda game enough. It looks shit in every game I've ever seen it implemented.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Absolute no for me. This isn't an arcade-kinda game enough. It looks shit in every game I've ever seen it implemented.
Left 4 Dead?
Old 2012-03-18, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Coreldan
Colonel

No exceptions

It mostly stems to me being a sports shooter myself and competing in practical shooting (IPSC is a good reference). It's just the fact that a decent shooter is more effective with 1 gun in two hands than one gun in each hand. And that's why I don't like it.

But even if it wasn't for that, I have honestly never seen dual wielding pistols look good. Not even in left4dead. I rewatched the video too and the idle animation of "arms straight pointing two weapons" looks fucking horrible, this is what I hate the most about it.

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-03-18 at 05:10 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hoodlum
Corporal

No exceptions
That's too bad but if it was in there as an Option to Light Assault would it bother you if it had it's cons and pros and wasn't OP ?
Old 2012-03-18, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
That's too bad but if it was in there as an Option to Light Assault would it bother you if it had it's cons and pros and wasn't OP ?
Yes, I'm the joykill kinda person

It makes the game look and feel a tad too arcade for me.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hoodlum
Corporal

Also on a side note it says I'm a Corporal now is that because I've been post alot and making threads?
Old 2012-03-18, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
Also on a side note it says I'm a Corporal now is that because I've been post alot and making threads?
Yeah, that "forum rank" goes by postcount.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hoodlum
Corporal

I agree that your aim with one pistol would be much better but that's not what it would be for, it would be extreme close range attacks where you could land more shots quickly
Old 2012-03-18, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hoodlum
Corporal

Yeah, that "forum rank" goes by postcount.
ok good to know, thank you
Old 2012-03-18, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vancha
Colonel

I'd be okay with this for light assault. Dual pistols + jetpack reminds me of the Seraphim squad from Dawn of War.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
I'd be okay with this for light assault. Dual pistols + jetpack reminds me of the Seraphim squad from Dawn of War.
agreed but only for Light Assault! and no SMG then
Old 2012-03-18, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Atheosim
Captain

I just think it would be impossible to aim accurately in an extremely high mobility cqb environment. But it might be kind of cool if they had some sort of implementation similar to the dual pistols in that one cyberpunk mod for the source engine, Dystopia I think it was called. Basically you shot a homing device at your target using each weapon and then with each successive round the weapon would automatically track more or less accurately to the homing device. So you have to be dead accurate with the first 2 strikes and after that it's all about getting your evasive maneuvering down. Ahh, I used to embarrass some folks with those bad boys. Extremely hard to use, but rewarding as hell once you got it.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I wouldn't want it in PS2. A shotty or SMG would basically serve the same role. The TR Pistol also has a 3 round burst, with those I'm fine.

I just don't think it's necessary to put time into balancing/designing pistols for dual wielding

EDit: and only for Light Assault? Really? I'd say Cloakers are the only reason they even had pistols in PS1, and we better get better pistols then normal infantry this time around

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-03-18 at 09:47 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hoodlum
Corporal

I was thinking Light Assault because of how fast and mobile you'd be and you have a jetpack, plus I like having options and think you would have to cert for it. I'm not sure a cloaker could be aggressive enough without armor like a LA maybe i'm wrong though
Old 2012-03-18, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

I think this could be really cool! With Independent CoF that kick of in separate directions when fired, the right pistol would tend to lean right and vice versa. I would want to be able to use it with my infiltration suit though . However there is an issue; if the balancing factor is the indepandant CoF and diffucalty aiming, what about my beamer? "The Beamer is extremely accurate and produces little to no recoil." (PLANETSIDE 2 EMPIRE BRIEF – VANU SOVEREIGNTY) dual Beamers with the self recharging power cells that sacrifice a little damnage for recharging ammo , I will be one happy cloaker.

*EDIT*
What if this was a side grade that allowed you to one hand the pistol; it would increase the CoF sway, kick off, and prevent aiming with sights. This would allow you to equip another one handed weapon, like another pistol, knife, grenade, etc.

Last edited by Biohazard; 2012-03-18 at 04:10 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault