Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Getting us dumped by our girlfreinds since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-30, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #301
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Might as well give infantry a rear view, chase cam, bird's eye, and over the shoulder. It won't be overpowered, after all.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #302
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Any news on PS2 supporting TRACK IR now that cockpit view is forced? That would be a great SA tool.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #303
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Yes, you guys have a great argument that flying in a forced cockpit mode is going to be more difficult. But to me that is what I am falling in love with. Planetside 2 is going to be challenging. You will have to constantly check your cardinal points because forced view has you looking straight ahead. Ever here the phrase "check your 6"? Well you better when beta starts because I will be there gunning you down.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #304
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HoovesMcG View Post
Any news on PS2 supporting TRACK IR now that cockpit view is forced? That would be a great SA tool.
Higby indicated today that he'd take a look, and the fine people at TrackIR are on the record offering integration support. I wouldn't call that any better than 50/50, but we shall see!
Old 2012-05-30, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #305
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
And I would agree, but they wouldn't, because it's really about infantry. Many of the people on this forum got farmed by vehicles for years in Planetside 1 because they ran around completely bewildered carrying nothing but a suppressor, and now they are here again voicing their discontent with particularly aircraft. Engaging in discussion is futile, because they will never change their opinions. Everything you're about to point out, I have already done earlier in this thread, and they are still regurgitating the same nonsense about realism and balance. You have been warned.
OBSTRUCT THEIR VIEW, THAT WILL SAVE US FROM BEEN FARMED!

No kids, it wont, it wont at all.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-30, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #306
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The cock... pit whining is really old now. You have a handicap, deal with it and stop carebearing over it.

Old 2012-05-30, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #307
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Ever here the phrase "check your 6"? Well you better when beta starts because I will be there gunning you down.
So how exactly are we going to be doing that with a fixed view? Seems to me like this is going to be a recipe for tunnel vision, and that's definitely not going to attract many competitive players...

Last edited by SoNaR; 2012-05-30 at 08:45 PM.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #308
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
So how exactly are you going to be doing that with a fixed view? Seems to me like this is going to be a recipe for tunnel vision, and that's definitely not going to attract many competitive players...
Yeah, cause aircraft never shot each other down in PS1.

Old 2012-05-30, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #309
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

You've got it all wrong. Apparently we've got the great "Sledgecrssrrher" on our 6 now. Nobody has ever heard of him in Planetside 1, but apparently now that the game will be super hard due to forced cockpits (thelol), he will rise like a phoenix and show us all how badly we suck at flying. Could it be SkinlessJACK?
You could try and learn to adapt? Really if this is a game breaker for you maybe you should try something in infantry.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #310
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Yeah, cause aircraft never shot each other down in PS1.
Made an error, change the "you" to "we", changes the meaning of my post entirely. (fk English lol)

Last edited by SoNaR; 2012-05-30 at 08:48 PM.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #311
SKYeXile
Major General

You've got it all wrong. Apparently we've got the great "Sledgecrssrrher" on our 6 now. Nobody has ever heard of him in Planetside 1, but apparently now that the game will be super hard due to forced cockpits (thelol), he will rise like a phoenix and show us all how badly we suck at flying. Could it be SkinlessJACK?
Fuck me, he could be amazing, afterall he's in 666.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-05-30, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #312
SKYeXile
Major General

This isn't about cockpits. When the game goes live I'll learn it 20 times as fast as the average player, just like the first time. It's about people wanting to restrict everything and coming up with bogus rationalizations of what is essentially Igotfarmed syndrome.
we probably are going to have to adapt to our handicap. Its gonna be hard though, i feel like I'm gonna chunder right now thinking about looking at that butt ugly cockpit view for hours...I also just shuddered when i remembered how it vibrated in the video when afterburning.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-05-31, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #313
meiam
Corporal

Wow read the entire things, can't believe nobody suggested that sooner. Just make it forced with a customizable accessory that remove it (if it's deemed too weak to justify losing an additional radar/ejection seat or w/e, you can also give it a boost to armor).

In scifi/near future setting you often see air craft with cockpit that are just screen everywhere, and the information is just displayed on the screen themselves. Now that would cost too much to make it standard equipment, but would be fine if the pilot really wanted it. The logic for the armor boost is that since you don't need glass cockpit, it remove a structural weakness.
Old 2012-05-31, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #314
Jayballz
Private

I am stuck between both, I understand the reasoning behind forced on a competitive standpoint. But from my personal experience's and they way they are going to have amazing cosmetics not only for your character, but your vehicles and weapons I feel that 3rd person is a great feature. I like the fact in 3rd person I would be able to look at the sick ass Zebra camo and heart windshield on my Loverator. Also I played Skyrim in 3rd person mode 24/7 and am a huge fan of the Gears franchise so I am very partial to 3rd person <3. But if your are in the cockpit view definitely forced, your not flying a aircraft if you can't see anything.

Last edited by Jayballz; 2012-05-31 at 02:32 AM.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #315
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I prefer thongs over regular underwear, therefor thongs should be mandatory for everyone.
Place thong on head. Makeshift cockpit view.

Buff the regular underwear! It doesn't have as much viewable screen area as the thong!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion