Questions for Pro7 - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This space intentionally left blank.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-31, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Questions for Pro7

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
For the Pay-2-Win questions though, as it has come up a few times:

As you all know, with PlanetSide 2 SOE have gone to a huge amount of effort to build an F2P experience from the group up where pay to win isn't the solution. I mean, how many times have Matt & Smed talked about sidegrades, cosmetic purchases and the importance of maintaining a fair & level playing field?

So in my eyes it simply doesn’t make sense for us here in Europe to tamper with the exquisite & finely tuned gameplay balance of PlanetSide 2. I think adding a bunch of über-power items so we could just turn a quick buck would fly in the face of a lot of the idea and beauty of PlanetSide 2.

So while it might happen in the future where we may have some exclusive items on either end (I’d dare say at this stage it would be mostly cosmetic stuff), we will strive to ensure that they fit within the awesome PlanetSide 2 gameplay framework.

So no, there's no plans to change the PlanetSide 2 F2P model in Europe.
This statement dose nothing to put my mind at ease. All it really says is short term you plan to stick to the model set down by SOE. But long term I suspect your already thinking about how you can cash in once the F2P model has peaked in its profitability.

So basically is what your saying is once you've made as much as you can form the F2P model you will change it to P2W.

Not the answer me and I suspect allot of the EU community was hoping for.

||| Facebook | Twitter | Forums |||
Old 2012-07-31, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
exoteror
Corporal

I am happy with the comment and what I would expect. Basicly if people don't spend enough money or the game isen't popular enough, we cannot expect a company to loes money on it.

The idea is if everyone playing even spends a tiny ammount it means the game is working and SOE will have no reason to sell P2W items which make alot of money but ruin the community.
Old 2012-07-31, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
This statement dose nothing to put my mind at ease. All it really says is short term you plan to stick to the model set down by SOE. But long term I suspect your already thinking about how you can cash in once the F2P model has peaked in its profitability.

So basically is what your saying is once you've made as much as you can form the F2P model you will change it to P2W.

Also not the answer he was giving, but if that's how you want to read it...
Old 2012-07-31, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
Also not the answer he was giving, but if that's how you want to read it...
Well I'm sorry, I read between the lines and saw very little/no commitment to keeping P2W items out.

Old 2012-07-31, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

It could simply mean that they may add promotional items like SOE is already doing via the facebook recruit center.
Old 2012-07-31, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

/agree @Rabb, the statement veeeery carefully says nothing about avoiding P2W, everytime it could mean "we won't add P2W element", you see a word leaving the option open. Very suspect, tbh.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
LastDawn
Private

Just to put things into perspective:
Channels belonging to Pro7 in Denmark
  • Kanal 4
  • Kanal 5
  • The Voice TV
  • 6'eren
Channels belonging to Pro7 in Finland
  • The Voice
  • TV Viisi
Channels they own in Norway:
  • FEM
  • MAX
  • TV Norge
  • The Voice TV
  • VOX
Sweden:
  • Kanal 5
  • Kanal 9
In additon to that they control channels in Romania and Hungaray and a lot of radiochannels in the countrys mentioned.
So yeah.. They will be able to advertise Planetside 2 and other SoE games quite well. But tbh I'm not really sure if thats a good thing.
I live in germany, so I experience their "marketing" and their current games first hand.
And its quite obvious that they are aimed mostly at the agegroup 10-16, just take a look at look at their current lineup here.
I don't like seeing PS2 next to not-so-great F2P games.

So yeah.. Pro7 will be able to attract quite a playerbase in Europe but I'm not quite sure I want to be part of it. Lets hope for the best...

Last edited by LastDawn; 2012-07-31 at 05:05 AM.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
kejel
Private

Originally Posted by Rabb View Post

I tend to look at this the same way, maybe that's what living in the UK with our governments does to us but cant help reading between the lines.

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
So in my eyes it simply doesn’t make sense for us here in Europe to tamper with the exquisite & finely tuned gameplay balance of PlanetSide 2. I think adding a bunch of über-power items so we could just turn a quick buck would fly in the face of a lot of the idea and beauty of PlanetSide 2.
And this bit just makes it sound like... well i havnt got an answer yet / that others will want to here, so ill give them my personal opinion?
Old 2012-07-31, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I wonder why people even bothered to ask that question. If they said "We will NEVER EVER do that, stars be our witnesses!" we/you still wouldn't believe it, so...

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-07-31 at 05:49 AM.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
kejel
Private

I wonder why people even bothered to ask that question. If they said "We will NEVER EVER do that, stars be our witnesses!" we/you still wouldn't believe it, so...
actually i would as that is a definitive answer without spin.

Last edited by kejel; 2012-07-31 at 06:03 AM.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

If they said "we will never do it" fine, but they didn't every time they could have put the subject to rest Brolly left it open to change in the future and even admitted it might happen. "So while it might happen in the future".

I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned they may as well have just admitted to planning to add p2w items at some point. The whole statement boils down to sticking to F2P for the short term but an uncertain long term future.

At the end of the day they are a company in it for profit. Once the profit margins start to drop I have no doubt they will start to shift to a P2W model.

Old 2012-07-31, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Coreldan
Colonel

Yeah, I had not heard about Pro7 ever, but when I looked up I found out that some of the best channels in Finland are actually theirs. TV Viisi has quite a bit of ads, but there are good movies coming from there all the time. Some of the most popular radio channels are theirs too.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-31, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by kejel View Post
I tend to look at this the same way, maybe that's what living in the UK with our governments does to us but cant help reading between the lines.
TotalBiscuit isn't the only Cynical Brit of that you can be sure.

Old 2012-07-31, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
Equinox
Private

Guys, I'm releasing my new OS soon, Pay-2-win
Old 2012-07-31, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Ant001
Corporal

Well Basti it looks like they have closed the accounts for us EU guys to buy any more station cash. I'm guessing we will be getting moved over to Pro7 soon.

That or the SOE account page is buggered.

I forgot to add ....I can't believe guys are worried they may find a company who could possibly be worse than sony at keeping their accounts safe and doing the right thing. Sony are a terrible company but unfortunately they have the game I want to play lmao.

Last edited by Ant001; 2012-07-31 at 08:56 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion