Test Server vs. Wiki rewards: Question for PSU Community - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma lives in the PSU server.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-04, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Test Server vs. Wiki rewards: Question for PSU Community

So, you know those times when you aren't quite sure how to react to something? I'm having one of those now, so I thought I'd bring it to the PS:U crew before starting a fire on the PS2 forums about it.

Here is the back story of the situation: Currently the test server does absolutely nothing. Higby said in the MLG report, that the test server has been good for bug testing, but they don't have enough people available thereon, to test balance of items... which I see as kind of a big deal. One of the most polarizing issues in PS2 has been balancing of weapons and whatnot, and while the test is kind of only one server, and people play differently everywhere, to the point each server practically represents a whole different game... you could still get a general notion of how the weapon would behave in the real game if there were enough people on test to check things out.

So, the big thing with the test server is that no one seems to want to play there. The devs update it every week, but you rarely see more than a handful of people playing, and tbh while I kept a journal of bugs and such On the test server near the beginning, if there are only 4 people on the entire test, I have little reason to try and look through things.

So one thing that was always suggested, was that the devs could put some kind of rewards on the test to allow people to contribute to their main character on the test server. Maybe items or SC or titles... something that would show that they were members of the test server, they contributed to the game in that way, and rewarded them for their help. In the beginning I dismissed this as people being selfish. Also there wasn't much of a precedent for it, and most of the people who were proposing it, are people that I didn't see sticking with PS2, or were just active trolls. Thing is, as time went on and the test became neglected, it became kind of hard to argue that no one was needed on the test server.

And then the other day I saw this: Link

So what I am taking from this, is that contributors to the Wiki, will get rewards for their participation in wiki.

Even going as far to offer IG ITEMS, for people who contributed to the wiki.

And now I'm kind of at the point of getting annoyed, because why in the world would you offer that kind of incentive to the Wiki of all things, but ignore the test?

Honestly looking for an opinion from the PSU community here as to what you think, and as to if this changes matters, if this is something worth getting angry about... etc.

TLR: The Wiki is looking like they will receive rewards for contributing to the wiki, while the test server has next to no people and have been requesting similar rewards for months. Is it worth getting angry over this and requesting rewards for the test, based on the precedent set by the wiki contributors

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-06-04 at 12:03 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion