An idea for making the Gal truly useful - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this ISN'T SPARTA!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-01, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
scarpas
Captain

ok, the gal needs to have medical bombs that can land and "deploy" to heal 200 health to friendlys within ____ distance, and after that 200 is spent, or the bomb is destroyed by enemys, the bomb disapears.

how does that sound?

ps the bombs would be very limited and drop like 1 every 10 seconds.
Old 2004-04-01, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by scarpas
ok, the gal needs to have medical bombs that can land and "deploy" to heal 200 health to friendlys within ____ distance, and after that 200 is spent, or the bomb is destroyed by enemys, the bomb disapears.

how does that sound?

ps the bombs would be very limited and drop like 1 every 10 seconds.
Sounds like something Advanced Medics need... not gals.
Old 2004-04-01, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

maybe if gals cuold be purchased at more than one base u wuold see alot more.
Old 2004-04-02, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by HawkEye
maybe if gals cuold be purchased at more than one base u wuold see alot more.
Unfortunatly it's too big at the moment. Perhaps when they do this update that allows them to change the world without large patches they'll add more dropship sized vehicle pads.
Old 2004-04-02, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I am a firm believer that the only thing a gal should be dropping is troops, not troop carriers. However, I did think of something that help hotdrops from a gal greatly.
Give the gal the ability to pepper the dropzone with emp grenades. Gal flies in, pilot hits trigger, emps drop, count to three, troops drop. Safe drop zones regardless of the CR rank of the occupants. Gal could do it 2-3 times before they would have to reload the trunk with grenades.
Old 2004-04-02, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

You'd then be able to use the GAL as a minesweeper. I'm sure CEs everywhere would be dancing with joy.
Old 2004-04-02, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

You can use the Galaxy as a minesweeper now...I would drop off your passengers first though.

As far as the effectiveness of the Galaxy, it is the best point to point transport in the game. It might not be bristling with firepower, or have an AMS built into the fuselage, or carry a Scorpion tank (oops, wrong game), but it does its job quite well.
Old 2004-04-02, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I like the idea of an equip terminal when landed. Lends more to the idea that the Gal is a troop transport/support vehicle, and the Lodestar is a vehicle transport/support vehicle. Currently the Lode repairs vehicles, so the Gal should rearm troops. Makes perfect sense.

Also, I recall hearing at the "Ask the Devs" interview Spork or Smoke saying something about a future Gal configuration with tons of ammo and BIG GUNS. I think they said that it was being considered for a post-BR20 advancement or skill.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-04-02, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Vis Armata
As far as the effectiveness of the Galaxy, it is the best point to point transport in the game. It might not be bristling with firepower, or have an AMS built into the fuselage, or carry a Scorpion tank (oops, wrong game), but it does its job quite well.
Far from it, the Gal is much too slow to be anything more than a vehicle of appearances, most everyone just uses their private jets (Skeeters), or has entirely different kinds of vehicles...

The Galaxy is too similar to the C-130 to not have the best parts of it in my opinion, which is cargo...

Now everyone seems to think that is what a Lodestar is for, but since Im not calling for Vans to be dropped out the ass of a Gal, that argument is stupid...

The Deliverer is an awesome vehicle, and the Gal is a potentially awesome transport, put them together and lots of new things will be possible...

Old 2004-04-02, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Unfortunatly it's too big at the moment. Perhaps when they do this update that allows them to change the world without large patches they'll add more dropship sized vehicle pads.

When are are they doing this then? And once this is implemented what could they do to PS? redesign the bases?
Old 2004-04-02, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by PhoenixTypeX
When are are they doing this then? And once this is implemented what could they do to PS? redesign the bases?
That is the plan.

Old 2004-04-02, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Far from it, the Gal is much too slow to be anything more than a vehicle of appearances, most everyone just uses their private jets (Skeeters), or has entirely different kinds of vehicles...

The Galaxy is too similar to the C-130 to not have the best parts of it in my opinion, which is cargo...

The Deliverer is an awesome vehicle, and the Gal is a potentially awesome transport, put them together and lots of new things will be possible...
For serious assaults, you need heavy infantry and MAXes, not agiles. I understand that some playstyles are different, but Rexo is the way to go.

The buggies are a great alternative - depending on your empire, you should be able to stuff 14-15 players in one transport. Buggies aren't as effective as tanks, but they can bring enough firepower to bear against light targets (Enforcers and Marauders are especially good at suppression; don't have much experience with Threshers).

I like the Deliverer as well (it feels like a big buggy, and it's lethal), but it fills a different niche which doesn't really depend on being dropped from a plane.
Old 2004-04-03, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It just seems like a logical choice to me...

Load up the Del and Gal, load Del into Gal, take off and head for Wele, drop Del in the waters to the north, take Gal to the west and then south and approach the backdoor, and the Del crew hits the tower, to maximize surprise...

It just seems like the logical thing for a Del and Gal to be doing...

Old 2004-04-03, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

To tell you the truth, the Lodestar should of just been available to TR and NC, I mean Vanu don't really need it. Unless we are really desperate or need a good Mosquito & Reaver Bait.
They should of given the Vanu something alittle different, something with anti-gravity technology....

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-04-03, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
To tell you the truth, the Lodestar should of just been available to TR and NC, I mean Vanu don't really need it. Unless we are really desperate or need a good Mosquito & Reaver Bait.
They should of given the Vanu something alittle different, something with anti-gravity technology....
A hovercraft?
[Hezzy]: gg
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion