Idea: Time Limited servers. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stupidity should be very painful!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-10-10, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
CrazyMike
Sergeant

Come on.. nothing personal, but those idea's suck. They totally defeat the purpose of PlanetSide being an MMOG. What you are asking for is what people generally call "single player". Whats your next idea... a "pause game" function so the game doesn't change when you run off to the bathroom?

CrazyMike
Old 2002-10-10, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by CrazyMike
Whats your next idea... a "pause game" function so the game doesn't change when you run off to the bathroom?
holy shit thats genious.
Old 2002-10-10, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
stick100
Corporal

Guys this has nothing to do with ME, just that this is a play experience that I want and I think that some others would want (mostly casual gamers). I do not want to change any exsisting servers. Did the full time PVP server hurt you in EQ if you played on a bluebie, or did the Test Server hurt you, no.

That is effectively I am asking for, that some people put some thought into the idea of an aditional server with the rules I have described, once there are enough servers for everyone/everywhere, because I feel some poeple would want to play with this rule set. I understand that alot of you don't want to play on this server, that's fine, don't. I also understand that my fighting this issue is pissing some of you off, that fine, don't read my posts anymore. This is a place to come and discuss new ideas, plans, ... well guess what this is a new idea, if you don't like it say so then leave.
Old 2002-10-10, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

I understand its what you want..

question is, how many people will want it?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-10-10, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CrazyMike
Sergeant

Answer: Not enough to cover the costs of the server, the bandwith, the staffing costs and everything else they incur. He makes it sound like servers grow on tree's and they just pluck off as many as they need.

CrazyMike
Old 2002-10-10, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

seen to many dell comercials he has
Old 2002-10-11, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Old 2002-10-11, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
PSI Dr X
Sergeant

Planetside is not at all Everquest, everything in Planetside is already PvP so why bother creating servers that are only up now and then to just create the same thing but don't run all the time, it's plan stupid to do that.
Old 2002-10-11, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

You don't need to worry about "high levels" coming in and Siege Ownagering your ass, Stick. Trust me, a bullet several times to the head, will make anyone dead (Ooooooo! Rhymaged!). The only thing you'll get by playing more is EXPERIENCE playing! They've stated several times that they want this game to be based on SKILL not LEVEL. You can aim a gun better then the other guy, but they've been playing more? You win. No having to hit him an insane amounts of times because he's level 60 and you're only 6. No need run in fear because he has a super DD spell that you can't resist and will kill you in one shot. This is PS! Not EQ! Abandon all former notions, and see how this works! No timed servers, no having to run to your higher level buds, and for GOD SAKE no jetpacks! Before we can go slinging mud and saying that "It was like this for so-and-so, so it will be like that for PS," take a LOOK at how this game is so infinitely different! When we've all been playing awhile, then maybe it would be a good idea to request things that seemingly put others at a disadvantage.

But not now. It's too early to tell.
Old 2002-10-11, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

the biggest diffrence is those are called MMORPG for "Role Playing Game" PS is an MMOFPS for "First Person Shooter" In any RPG game level matters, in an FPS game only skill matters.
Old 2002-10-11, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

So I'm screwed

Old 2002-10-11, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I was thinking the same thing. If it's SoF2 stlye skill that I need I'm in a lot of trouble, but if it's BF1942, or T2 stlye skill that I need I'll do alright.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion