So is C4 getting nerfed or not? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How do I submit quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-18, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

So is C4 getting nerfed or not?

I have read a few people alleging this. We need details.
Old 2013-07-18, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: So is C4 getting nerfed or not?

Nope.

Last edited by EvilNinjadude; 2013-07-18 at 09:37 AM.
Old 2013-07-18, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

C4 better not be getting nerfed. C4 is really not a problem. First, it's crazy expensive. Second, it goes away when you respawn (which I think is silly). Instead they should just give the detonator a much smaller range so you have to be close enough to use it. Ergo I die before detonating it on that sundy, I need to get back into the same close range to blow it. You shouldn't lose 200 res like that. Third it takes quite a long time once dropped to actually detonate it.

Yes, it one shots MAX Suits. This is not OP considering what a MAX can do. Also it's a good counter to a MAX with engineers all over them. The only other serious threats to a MAX are Decimators and stock launchers in groups. Also, observant MAXes can easilly get out of the way before detonation. The problem is most people simply are oblivious.

Yes it can one shot tanks with 2 bricks (200 res btw). Again, this is not a problem. If you're standing still long enough for me to jump off the base/hill/mountain, jump jet down, plant 2 c4, and get to a safe distance before blowing you up, you deserved it for making really bad decisions. Keep moving. At best, if you move, I'm gonna get you with one brick if I'm well positioned.

Long/short, C4 is a powerful tool. It's also crazy expensive to use on a regular basis. Also a lot of kills with it are on people who simply lack the situational awareness to see what I'm doing, and I'm not exactly being subtle about it.

*edit*

Also, overall, I think the game, barring some silly changes made in the last while, is actually very well balanced at this stage. Now I wish more players would stop FotM/4th factioning and actually join TR on Matherson so the pops get better evened out.

Last edited by KarrdeBRBU; 2013-07-18 at 10:34 AM.
Old 2013-07-18, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Canaris
Contributor
General

Not.............. yet

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-07-18, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Things like this generally get put in the patch notes after the fact. So its anyone's guess at this point. I don't believe there are any changes on the PTS, but then again, I never used the PTS to tell you
Old 2013-07-18, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Yeah I agree C4 is fine as is. Not sure who's bright idea it was to nerf it.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-07-18, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

I agree it doesn't need to be adjusted. I probably die more often trying to place it than I get kills with it.
Old 2013-07-18, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
typhaon
Sergeant Major

For the love of Auraxis...

Everyone is OBSERVANT! The FOV is only so big. You can only look in so many places at once. It takes all of an instant for a LA to drop down - sprint - fly over to you, toss a C4 and BOOM!

I don't really have a problem with it vs. MAX units... it's a counter and though it can be annoying as #@$% - I get it.

I do find it problematic vs. MBT, though.

A class that flies, uses shotguns, sprints, and drops mega-bombs.... it's a bit much.
Old 2013-07-18, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

IMO, damage could go down a bit. I think 2 should make the vehicle smoke not gib. That way the driver can/has to get out and the LA has to kill the driver. Its a bit more fair but 2 will still get you points if you can take out the driver (likely an engy) trying to fix it.
Old 2013-07-18, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...6#post-1977515

Originally Posted by joshua
Test build caught some changes that were being worked on. There are no changes to C4 planned to go live. We are going to be improving the proximity radar though, so that it's better as a defensive tool against people rushing the tank.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2013-07-18, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
For the love of Auraxis...

Everyone is OBSERVANT! The FOV is only so big. You can only look in so many places at once. It takes all of an instant for a LA to drop down - sprint - fly over to you, toss a C4 and BOOM!

I don't really have a problem with it vs. MAX units... it's a counter and though it can be annoying as #@$% - I get it.

I do find it problematic vs. MBT, though.

A class that flies, uses shotguns, sprints, and drops mega-bombs.... it's a bit much.
Yeah, a class that sprints? That's just ridiculous.

But really it's a hard maneuver to pull off. If an MBT is not observant and is camping somewhere stationary, it deserves to blow up. If a sundy is not being defended, same deal.
Old 2013-07-18, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Im sure it will be nerfed because its fun and not over powered.

Basically its going to eventually be nerfed because dudes in tanks whine - even though the infantry guy probably dies and fails 3 ouit
2 of 4 times he tris to use it.
Old 2013-07-18, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
Yeah, a class that sprints? That's just ridiculous.

But really it's a hard maneuver to pull off. If an MBT is not observant and is camping somewhere stationary, it deserves to blow up. If a sundy is not being defended, same deal.
LA has extra speed.

If you were not aware, sorry.
Old 2013-07-18, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Im sure it will be nerfed because its fun and not over powered.

Basically its going to eventually be nerfed because dudes in tanks whine - even though the infantry guy probably dies and fails 3 ouit
2 of 4 times he tris to use it.
If an infantry guy rushing a tank/sundy kills it 1 or 2 times out of 4... then Tanks/Sunderers are massively UP.
Old 2013-07-18, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
LA has extra speed.

If you were not aware, sorry.
If you were not aware, an LA has to give up his suit slot for extra sprint speed, and even then the speed increase is mild at best. It's not like the LA comes and goes at the speed of a flash. It just gives MBTs and sundies something to think about when they farm infantry, camp spawns, and park too close to the enemy. Again, a sundie or tank that doesn't see it coming probably deserves to blow up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion