What don't you want? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn Communist
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2009-12-09, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What don't you want?

As a PS infantryman at heart aircraft annoyed the shit out of me, infantry need a way to effectively defend themselves against aircraft without resorting to the now overpowered AA MAXs; the Rocklet rifle is a joke - 2 -3 clips to kill a Reaver when you die in the first salvo just doesn't work.

The flight ceiling quite simply needs raising another 200 meters at least to give aircraft room to play, above the range of ground based AA. The only drawback to this is the Lib bombing a base from above, but shouldn't that require aircraft to deal with anyway?
Old 2009-12-12, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Kumoblade
Corporal

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I tried and failed to find the spoiler shots for BFRs before we found out how small they looked; they had a VS one next to a tower, and due to the perspective of the shot it looked like it was about the same height; I was damned excited to say the least.

Regarding altering the bases to accommodate them, just put the BFR terminals outside the walls (I would do the same with Gal terminals to get more of them in the world) and due to their size they would not be able to enter courtyards, reducing the damage they could do door camping.
Aye, I agree that their terminals should be outside of bases. And if they were as large as towers, that would be great. =P

However, I'd also like to see the bases twice their size at least. For a massive game/war there should be massive capture points with courtyards big enough to fit 3 Vanguards side by side without clogging the area ha ha.

Such restrictive base sizes and enterances also makes it a pain for Stealthers who feel like they're walking over enemies to infiltrate a base. And spotting a Stealthed player is easy enough.

As for the Air/Anti-Air discussion, yeah, they really need to raise the flight ceiling, by a LOT. They need to add fuel to aircrafts so they can't win battles of endurance against ground units/units holed up before having to go refuel, and they need to move faster with tighter controls.

And Anti-Aircraft is ridiculously overpowered to the point its just not fun to fly aircrafts anymore. it takes a considerable amount of skill to fly a mosquito/wasp/reaver effectively, but no skill to lock on in your Anti-Air MAX and fire away knowing free kills are coming your way.

The whole situation needs a reeled in and reworked.

While I agree that Anti-Air MAXs should keep the sky clean, they should do so more in a repellent way and less in an Extermination way; Forcing Air to do hit and run tactics instead of lingering about and ergo be destroyed.

If Aircraft had Fuel to monitor and a speed boost, Seeing that lock-on and hearing that annoying beep will make them run like hell like it already does, and it will give them a chance to flee and come back in again until they have to refuel.

Also, where are the deployable Starburst Flares for taking out incoming Anti-Air Missiles?
Old 2009-12-12, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Damnit, this site doesnt work half the time, lost a a big reply then.

Basically boiled down to me saying to check out my "Terrain Improvements" thread for more details of my thoughts on how bases need to be improved.

Regarding aircraft much needs to be done, the Mossie as a scout aircraft should be there to provide intel and fast transport, not used as an insertion craft for combat troops or used to farm infantry. The Wasp should be totally air to air, with no weapons to target ground forces effectively. The reaver should be designed to target vehicles and vehicles only using hit and run tactics, as it is its used to farm everything that moves on the ground; perhaps make it only able to fire when moving at over 50% speed, or simply make it so that ground based weaponry (not AA weapons) do a lot more damage to aircraft, encouraging them to use hit and run tactics.

Last edited by DviddLeff; 2009-12-12 at 11:28 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion