Please let us know you experience with PS 1 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Point away from face
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-01, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Please let us know you experience with PS 1

ActiveX - NC Markov (renamed to Baneblade). CR5pam since Dec 2003.

Old 2012-02-03, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Wasn't in PS beta but got talked into playing by some friends who I used to play tribes and T2 with. Rocked around in their outfit for a while before I joined PCP. Got my main TR char to BR25/CR5, also had multiple TR alts. Played VS with Future Crew for a bit, great group of guys really and also played with Ht for a short while before I signed out for the last time. I amassed about 70-80k kills across all my chars with not much playing time per day. As with any game Planetside got a little boring after a while, people left and the old rivalries just weren't there any more. Best game ever thou imo.
Old 2012-02-03, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheDank
Private

I played back in the day when it first came out of beta and after Core Combat... About 2 years. Had a br 20 TR and ce 3 I think. Can't remember the outfit back then. I'm getting back into the game now cause I remember the epic battles that would go on. Love the action.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 2012-02-03, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Mirror
First Sergeant

Most people know who I am but for those who dont.

My main character MirrorBOY which has now been renamed to MirrorDT is BR40/CR5 and has around 200 000 kills. I started playing in 2003 but got into the game in 2004. I was in a few outfits before joining Delta Triad in February 2005 and took over as OL in May 2005.

I am co-leader of Delta Triad which was formed in January of 2005, has about 45 members and afaik one of very few outfits not created in 2003 to hit the OP cap. Delta Triad won Outfits Wars on Emerald with a perfect score of 6 wins.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-02-05, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

My in game name is SS89Goku. I started playing back in October of 2004. Between my main and my alt Kakorot89 I roughly got to 50K kills. The outfit I was in during my PS career was Freedom Defenders. I managed to become the XO and over the years the outfit had some success. Nothing special, but I really enjoyed running 5+ Vanguards with Sky Guards for support and watch the enemy run away.
Old 2012-02-05, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Notso
Private

Cant remember how long i been pllaying but char info listed below, seen most of u in game
NotSOGentleman- TR br 35/cr5- Hells Rangers
BahumatXxX- TR br36/cr5 Hells Rangers
xBaptizedInFirE- TR br35/cr5 Hells Rangers
TRxKjata- br20(deleted after 4 days)

TributeNC- NC br38cr5 ...LMS
xStride- NC br34/cr4 ...LMS
xMalibu69- NC br 35/cr5 ...LMS

xCollection- VS br 29/cr4, cant remember outfit name

Last edited by Notso; 2012-02-05 at 04:46 PM.
Old 2012-02-05, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

So I played for a few years and then played off-and-on some for the years after. I started playing in beta. Played with Black Widow Company, The Enclave, and even CDL very briefly. I don't know how many kills I had. My BR when I quit for good was 23. Only had one character really. My VS/NC alts are probably BR 3 or 4. Just had them for when Emerald would go down or to try out some enemy stuff.
Old 2012-02-06, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm really enjoying reading about everybody's experiences with PS1. Its amazing how much everybody's varies. Never the less they are all really cool. Its also good to see a bunch of old fellow vets that are still around from when the game first started.

I just hope a few years down the road we can all fill this out again for PS2 and it be just as good.

Old 2012-02-06, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
alienmoose
Corporal

Started playing in December 03. Spent my first couple weeks mastering the art of sniping infantry with a Burster, was easily the best on the server. Began playing VS in January of 04 and got CR5 later that summer. Bounced around several different outfits like the troubled youth I was before finally landing in Delta Triad in Feb of 05. While there I learned how to fight and what it takes to be a man.
Old 2012-02-06, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

I feel like I've typed this before

I've been playing since Beta, I started out on TR playing on Emerald. I bounced around a few outfits for awhile, then found something of a home with Anarchy 99. In mid-2004 Malign (Dreaded) moved to VS to resolve some intraoutift drama, a few of us moved with him and DARK was born.

In 2006 I was given OL of DARK when Mal left the game, I led the outfit until 09 when I gave it over to OneBadDude; so I could focus on RL issues. Since then I'm still pretty involved in running the outfit, though I am officially 'retired'.

In-game I almost exculsively cloak (although I've been pulling Rexo from time to time, now that it's free for me). I started cloaking early on because it was a way to enjoy the game dispite my terrible FPS. I stayed with it over the years because I really enjoy the 'tactical' undergame involved in out maneuvering an opponent while sneaking around a base. I also enjoy running tactical ops on a larger scale, and sitting in enemy bases gives me time to plan and stratigize while waiting for a room to clear out or a door to open etc... I also consider myself to be a pretty good Galaxy pilot (of the old days when gal pilots were actually considered to have some level of 'skill' as opposed to just having the cert).

I'm pretty active in the VS /c; mostly trying to mitigate the chaos, in order to generate some tactical usefulness in the channel. Although that has become increasingly more futile in recent years...
That last bit about /c has only become truer with time. Oh how I long for the days when Atva was the worst thing VS-Emerald /c had to deal with...
Old 2012-02-20, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Fortress
Sergeant

I am Fortress and I am better looking than Darkfate.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion