"But that wouldnt be Planetside any more..." - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the newbs become unnewbish.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-12, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Rarntogo
Corporal

Re: "But that wouldnt be Planetside any more..."

Originally Posted by morf View Post
But then it wouldn't be Planetside anymore.

oh look i made a great argument.
Sad but true...
Old 2011-07-12, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Tool
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
To say that wouldn't be a legit argument is both foolish and something only a Monkey would think.

an example would be having 2 games. Say S.W.A.T. 4 and Quake 4. Both have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLES even through they are both FPS games.

What the Monkeys are trying to do with Planetside 2 is instead of making Planetside 2 they are making battlefield 5 with expanded tech to have more players. (you think battlefield is really mindset on 64? they try to get the most they can get without massive lagfests, battlefield would happily have it 1,000 vs players if it had the tech.)

in a sense they are trying to make S.W.A.T. 5 play like Quake or Quake 5 play like S.W.A.T.

If the monkeys get their way it won't have the planetside "playstyle" anymore. some of the monkeys think "Oh well, it will still have massive battles even if we all fly around like Tribes or bounce around like bunny's in Quake." No... it won't In fact I remember a Tribes server or 2 having at least's 100 player slots.

Planetside is about being lost in the army. feeling like you are part of something bigger. Feeling like you are all one big machine no matter who is next to you.

The Monkeys are adding stuff for "self" which will end up with "inflated ego" and "competitive retardedness" you may have a lot of players shooting guns but you will no longer have the sense of "you are just as important as the next guy and he as you" that Planetside gives.
People like you don't help or contribute at all, you act as though you already know how PS2 will play, is played, and has been played. It wasn't often at all that I actually felt like part of an armed force in Planetside, even in the begining. Just a lot of guys doing their own thing who happen to be fighting near each other, combined arms just happend to be a side effect which sometimes worked as it should.

Egos and self played a huge role in PS1 and you were never as important to the guy next to you when most players thought that shooting at the same enemy he/she was is trying to kill-steal.

Gameplay mechanics needed a fundimental shift from PS1 to PS2 in order to be successfull long term and have the tools in place to really promote teamwork instead of penalizing it.

Games like BF:BC2 are a great place to draw inspiration from, CoD not so much but obviously the PS2 team don't seem to be fans either which gives me great hope.

It's funny that you call the people advocating these changes monkeys yet your the one who is standing against evolution, which is what Planetside needs to do to survive and prosper.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

But then it wouldn't be Planetside anymore.

oh look i made a great argument.
Planetside servers were pretty backed before the BFR business, also strawmen.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Planetside servers were pretty backed before the BFR business, also strawmen.
Oh yeah BFR's. Well without them it won't be planetside anymore.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Tool View Post
P
Games like BF:BC2 are a great place to draw inspiration from, CoD not so much but obviously the PS2 team don't seem to be fans either which gives me great hope.

Just as long as they don't copy BFBC having a crappy engine.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Oh yeah BFR's. Well without them it won't be planetside anymore.
ad absurdum
Old 2011-07-12, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Tool
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Just as long as they don't copy BFBC having a crappy engine.
Strange thing to say Bags as we all know it's developed on Sonys' Forgelight.

Though I do understand what you mean in some sense, BC2s Frostbite wasn't bad at all.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Bags
Lieutenant General

Strange thing to say Bags as we all know it's developed on Sonys' Forgelight.

Though I do understand what you mean in some sense, BC2s Frostbite wasn't bad at all.
I dunno, I get worse FPS in BFBC2 on lowest than I do in Crysis on high.

You got some inside information about Forgelight you'd like to share?
Old 2011-07-12, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I dunno, I get worse FPS in BFBC2 on lowest than I do in Crysis on high.

BC2's engine was utter hell, it would overheat many CPU's because it insisted on using 100% for no reason (because it was a console port). It also ate up huge amounts of system resources for no good reason, even Crysis was less of a hog.

They took their sweet time patching 100% cpu glitch and map loading cpu glitch too.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yup. I bought it for $5 to see what it was like, and it's not very playable. Empty map, starring at a non-moving tree, on low = 40 fps. Crysis, medium fight going on, all sorts of trees and bushes swaying in the breezes, explosions everywhere, on high = 40 fps.

It's silly. I didn't expect to be able to max it, but I figured on low I should be able to pull 60 FPS easily.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Tool
Master Sergeant

Umm no, do you? I simply brought up the gameplay comparison, you chimed in about the engine seemingly without making the distinction between PS2 and BC2 and their respective engine. Simply saying, your point is moot when thier not the same, if they were then it would've been a vaild issue.

Frostbite had it's issues, none of which I shared. Crytek was an amazing peice of work and Crysis only showed a portion of what it could do. Like always, it depends on the system and optimization.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

Games like BF:BC2 are a great place to draw inspiration from
I only need to really quote this part. At least I understand why you named yourself Tool.

As for how laughable what you say is. all I'll say is this.

Sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, press magic button to teleport into vehicle, flair, flair, flair, flair, flair, flair, ,flair, flair. Vehicle almost dead press magic button and teleport to safety then sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper. etc. BF:BC2 in a nutshell.

adding twitch stupidity to a game that required mostly Intelligence and Teamwork is like taking a Human and turning him back into a caveman and calling it better.

People like you don't help or contribute at all.
I explain everything. I say what needs to be said. If you find any of my posts hard to understand then reread them till you are able to.
:edit. for lulz. I'll help you understand that post. look at the OP's post. then look at my post and how it explains that the argument is valid by explaining that game series's as a whole have a type of playstyle and that playstyle is what the players enjoy and why they play that game. look at rainbow sin vegas, its dead. Because they tried to turn a game that took intelligence into a arcade shooter. I literally feel like my IQ dropped by trying to dumb it down for you.

Last edited by Forsaken One; 2011-07-12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

PS: BF:BC2 is a good game. The maps are a bit crap, but otherwise it's good.

Last edited by BlazingSun; 2011-07-12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Tool
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
I only need to really quote this part. At least I understand why you named yourself Tool.

As for how laughable what you say is. all I'll say is this.

Sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, press magic button to teleport into vehicle, flair, flair, flair, flair, flair, flair, ,flair, flair. Vehicle almost dead press magic button and teleport to safety then sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper. etc. BF:BC2 in a nutshell.

adding twitch stupidity to a game that required mostly Intelligence and Teamwork is like taking a Human and turning him back into a caveman and calling it better.

I explain everything. I say what needs to be said. If you find any of my posts hard to understand then reread them till you are able to.
Heh, my forum name is a moot point but is one of my favorite bands.

You have what's basically called a non-argument. Unable to discern the concept of gameplay to how some people play a game. Your also obviously upset over unknown factors in a game that isn't out, a common mistake mad pre-release.

What's that internet fad often used? Oh yeah

U mad bro?
Old 2011-07-12, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Gwartham
Corporal

Wonder why people try to inject intelligence into the debate.

Met smart twitch gamers and planetside players who were complete smacktards.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion