Crawling on the ground... missing? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where facial hair can have battles.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-08-04, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Re: Crawling on the ground... missing?

TR snipers Assume the position
Old 2012-08-04, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Graf
Private

Lol! It would be cool if each class had its own special movement type. Light Assault gets jet pack an so does the MAX. Infiltrators get prone. Medics and Heavy assault get sprint, and Engineers could get a hover sled or something to attach to vehicals so the engineer can repair while the vehical is moving. Just a thought. This would further seperate classes, and implement cool new features while giving each class a type of movement that benifits the general playstyle that goes with that class.
Old 2012-08-04, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by Graf View Post
Lol! It would be cool if each class had its own special movement type. Light Assault gets jet pack an so does the MAX. Infiltrators get prone. Medics and Heavy assault get sprint, and Engineers could get a hover sled or something to attach to vehicals so the engineer can repair while the vehical is moving. Just a thought. This would further seperate classes, and implement cool new features while giving each class a type of movement that benifits the general playstyle that goes with that class.
I like this idea too!
Old 2012-08-04, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Graf
Private

Thanks!
Old 2012-08-04, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dropshockmedic
Private

Sounds epic.
*just thinks that Engineers healing capabilitys are overpowered enough*
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjdloVQZ56M#t=40m40s
^
way to efficient in my eyes.
Then Engineers should repair way slower (30 seconds maximum) and earn more points on the way up.
If that is even able in movement, vehicles become invincible.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

Terrible ideas.

And too obvious to bother pointing out at this time of night.

Originally Posted by Dropshockmedic View Post
Sounds epic.
*just thinks that Engineers healing capabilitys are overpowered enough*
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjdloVQZ56M#t=40m40s
^
way to efficient in my eyes.
Then Engineers should repair way slower (30 seconds maximum) and earn more points on the way up.
If that is even able in movement, vehicles become invincible.
You're watching a pre-alpha, with placeholders for everything. You're analyse doesn't mean anything.
Old 2012-08-05, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dropshockmedic View Post
No one can force me to play in a certain way, not even the Devs. Do you really believe people will bow down to a missing function?
Do you really think that what a character can and can't do in a game DOESN'T affect how people play?
Old 2012-08-05, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Prone isn't missing, the game was designed without it from the start. If they would add it now or close to release they would have to redo all the maps, cover spots, balconies etc. And that's just to make it usable. Balance adjustment is a whole different story.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
Prone isn't missing, the game was designed without it from the start. If they would add it now or close to release they would have to redo all the maps, cover spots, balconies etc. And that's just to make it usable. Balance adjustment is a whole different story.
Wrong answer:

Tweet from @planetside2 https://twitter.com/PSChadLichty/sta...07167924203520

@planetside2 Will there be prone in Planetside 2? If not are there any plans to implement it in the future?

@Ataraxis117 @planetside2 At this point there is no prone. Just about anything is possible in the future but right now no prone.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Graf
Private

NoDachi, why do you think that having a special type of movement for each class is a terrible idea? It has already been implemented in part, and I don't see any issuses with it. If you are going to say an idea is terrible, you better back it up. I see that the engineer would have to be balanced if he was able to constantly heal vehicals, but that isn't a large enough issue to shoot it down entirely. Why don't you like it?
Old 2012-08-05, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Gugabalog
Major

I keep seeing the people who think in certain ways butt heads with a select few members of this community. Buggsy and NoDachi being two of them.

I keep telling people who think an idea is bad to explain why. Almost never happens.

Anyways I still support the unique movement !
Old 2012-08-05, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
Unfortunately prone does not exist as a gameplay mechanic. It's been heavily discussed and due to the nature of this mmofps it will likely not be included.

If this game were more of a sim than what it currently is it would fit. Unfortunately (for you and me) it is not.
Just because its not a sim does not mean it cant have prone. That is a very very extremely bad reason for it.

Because the graphic engine cant handle it would have been allot better.
Old 2012-08-05, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Gugabalog
Major

The post you quoted did not mention it not being a sim. You're right that it is a bad reason still, but that invalidates the arguement you or someone else made arguing it should be included due it's sim nature, which was a mistaken notion.

I am for prone, but many of the arguments here are lacking.
Old 2012-08-05, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

You should add Eng and HA, they just got heavier flack jackets, they are not in MAX armor.

But as for the crawling what good would it do? There really isn't any "crawl" space such as a ventalation duct an infiltraitor could move through. Also even though you would be a smaller target you would still be a slow moving target. Remeber they are trying to go for a more faster pace game to keep it from being boring as with those 15 minuete dead times waiting for hacks to go through.
Old 2012-08-05, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Graf
Private

Going prone is more for snipers. Although I think it would be great if every class has it, an argument that I see alot is that it would slow down the pace. If we just let the classes that benifit from it most have it, the other classes still have to move quickly, while classes that are more suited to sitting and waiting can go prone. This, I think, invalidates the "It slows pace" argument. Tell me if I am wrong though, I might be missing something.

Thanks for the backup Guga!

Last edited by Graf; 2012-08-05 at 03:59 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault