Planetside 2 and Trolls - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning: contains nuts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How should SOE be against trolls?
Trolling is natural, waste your time banning cheaters not trolls 51 55.43%
Ban every troll....even if they are paying customers. 24 26.09%
Only ban trolls who troll too much 8 8.70%
Ban trolls who troll too much but never permanetly ban them 8 8.70%
Ban trolls but if they actually buy stuff...Don't ban them 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-03, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Re: Planetside 2 and Trolls

What's a troll or a griefer?
Old 2012-04-03, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Destroyeron View Post
As a Troll I'm confused if we're talking about trolling or griefing. Both are unavoidable, since I'll be playing.
BOTH...I was gonna change the title so people will know Im talking about pissing people off either thru Griefing or trolling...either way they disrupt gameplay.

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Higby: "I'm a griefer."

T-Ray: "Sometimes it's (griefing) necessary."

My worldview is now shattered.

Im glad.

This proves griefing is part of life.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I'd like to see an internet trend of intentionally falling for trolls. A counter-troll. They could point out how stupid the troll was for believing they had successfully trolled when in fact their trolling was pointless and lacking in finesse.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I'd like to see an internet trend of intentionally falling for trolls. A counter-troll. They could point out how stupid the troll was for believing they had successfully trolled when in fact their trolling was pointless and lacking in finesse.
People do that already....I love trolling trolls, is the best feeling.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
As for the Tribunal council stuff in LoL, how does that work? I mean does the council get to see a replay of the match to help them make their decision? In that case how would PS be able to do that? Down right impossible, imo. So any kind of PS2 Tribunal would be going pretty much just on hearsay and statistics of the offender?
This may shed some light on the LoL Tribunal system: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tribunal
Old 2012-04-03, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
This may shed some light on the LoL Tribunal system: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tribunal
its best not to try to explain it i think, people just dont get it.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-03, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
its best not to try to explain it i think, people just dont get it.
Well I mean it will be hard to implemented to planetside...So what the guy said isn't off other than watching the replay of the match which doesn't happen in the tribunal.

I mean how are they gonna review a player?...Is not like LoL where u see match stats, whether some person was feeding...or chat logs to see if they were talking shit..

Only way will be thru the report and seeing how the person performed...I guess they could be specific and see how the person performed thru an ammount of time and see if he was constently tking.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Well I mean it will be hard to implemented to planetside...So what the guy said isn't off other than watching the replay of the match which doesn't happen in the tribunal.

I mean how are they gonna review a player?...Is not like LoL where u see match stats, whether some person was feeding...or chat logs to see if they were talking shit..

Only way will be thru the report and seeing how the person performed...I guess they could be specific and see how the person performed thru an ammount of time and see if he was constently tking.
it cant be done in planetside, unless you give players access to GM tools to follow a player and watch them.

it could only be limited to chat logs and perhaps damage logs if the player is TKing.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-03, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I think something that has given (forum) trolling so much legitimacy, has been the clever use of the phrase "Not sure if trolling or just retarded" to sway an OP from his own argument to that which is the general consensus of the forum.

Either you are a troll (something that has become cool, but still has bad connotations) or a retard (purely bad connotations). The choice is yours! Personally I think retards can be pretty adorable at times, but it’s still more popular to be a troll…

So now, we don't have any retards on forums anymore, and the original clever trolls who would never admit to being so (until page 1 million) have been completly diluted with retarded, wannabe trolls.

Gotta admit tho, starting a flame war about what trolling really means is an awesome idea…

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-04-03, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Dreamcast
Major

Im just trying to help the community, Im not here to troll or anything.

I just wanted to create a poll of how the people want trolling/griefing to be dealt with....Apperantly they hate cheaters more.
Old 2012-04-04, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Apperantly they hate cheaters more.
Yes.

Also a grief point system, maybe mixed in with a report system for seriously over the top offenders would be the best bet, but not peer review.

If you can't get the replay of a person playing then there really is NO WAY in the PS2 system that the LoL Tribunal like system would work. There are just too many cases where getting a lot of TK damage regularly in a short time would be legitimate failure on the part of the people getting shot.

These are just the examples I could come up with off the top of my head that would seriously skew any number-based reports and chat logs can not always be relied on to balance.

TR MAX locks down in a room covering two of the doors, VS rush him but random pugs to the fight keep strafing in front of him, naturally he gets a few TK's and a lot Team Damage in general. Retarded pugs report him for TK and he gets punished.

Fully Loaded Galaxy in route to a fight get's raided by Anti Air fighters, flies low to the ground to avoid any more fire while still moving in. All the player does is fly his Galaxy, it's what he does. The type of role he wanted, accidentally clips a tree killing 8 people all at once. Maybe he's not too good at it and does it pretty often, is there gonna be a counter for how many people he carried successfully to their destination? A counter for the number of Galaxies he's spawned in the last 72 hours?

Rogue group of your own faction (TR)(faction hoppers probably) playing advance scouts for the enemy (NC) by spying on 'friendly' faction mates. Purposefully kills (TR) their own faction mates. Sure they'll get reported, but what about the guys (TR) that fight back and kill the spies in defense?

Maybe there is an exceptionally stupid bone head that wants to spam grenades (or some other AoE damaging effect) dispite repeated warnings from faction mates. Sure he'd get reported, but by then it would be too late to save the battle. Solution: Shoot the MF'er in the head over and over again until he leaves. Reported as Group Bullying.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-04 at 03:29 AM.
Old 2012-04-04, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
The only way would be to make you assign a credit card to your account, so if you get banned you have to go through all that hassle. But then youre limiting the free to play market to people above 18.
Why 18? I had a credit card way before that.

I see your point though... while it is a good solution to stopping griefers/trolls, it definitely limits the size of the F2P community. Something like a mandatory 2-hour training/tutorial session would prevent people from making a ton of characters, but it would also be horrible to sit through more than once.

I'm sure this is one of SOE's top priorities, though, since one of the biggest security threats is a hacker being able to utilize and exploit a large number of freebie accounts.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion