Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shushaw!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-04, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

WW2 was the world's greatest tragedy, and both the US and UK were a collection of heroes for pulling through. These sorts of dick-swinging contests are a disgrace to all the Brits and Americans who died together on the battlefield as allies. So just drop it. And buff the Striker.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

I think they are going to fix the striker soon, I mean its not right that the locking system cant pick targets when it's close to a structure.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Visor
Sergeant

I have to agree with pork on one thing that the americans did come late like 5 years late (if my history is right) but that is not the reason you should insult your allies. Half the countries pork named dont have an army, no offence to Canada but what do they have up there in the frozen north, they are peace keepers they wont fight they will help by aiding but not directly.

Pork probably can reply now because he got banned already and is maybe starting a new acount to continue his trolling.

Resume discussion: The AV is still bad even with the deci because everyone will use the Deci all the time but it makes AV more appealing to those addicted to the deci.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The Striker is a giant piece of shit. That certification has zero use for any TR, unless they keep a store of Lancers and/or Phoenix in their wall locker.

Not only is the Striker utter garbage, but the certification is a waste because there are no other weapons. At least with Heavy Assault you can find some enemy weapons around in abundance.
Old 2004-02-04, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Resume discussion: The AV is still bad even with the deci because everyone will use the Deci all the time but it makes AV more appealing to those addicted to the deci.
I wouldnt say its going to be more appealing. Rather I am going to be FORCED to drop my assault buggy to get AV so I can continue to use the Decimator. I am not going to do it because I want to or because I percieve that AV is good now. AV is still going to be shite and I will still be forced to cert it anyway.

Thats what is so irritating about all you folks missing the point. While moving the Deci to AV "makes sense" it doesnt change the fact that:

A)AV still sucks
B)SA is now super nerfed
C)All dedicated combat grunts instantly lose 3 cert points

If they just tweaked AV properly, none of that shit would be necessary

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-02-04 at 11:13 AM.
Old 2004-02-04, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Jagd
Major

Exactly! It is the laziest possible way to fix AV, it makes my stomache turn. Those bastards are dancing around like GW Bush at a press conference, lying about patch timing and pretending they actually have several programmers left on the project. If they want to fix AV, fix the AV weapons, don't take a half-assed approach. Bill Gates would be proud of SOE on this one.
Old 2004-02-04, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

If only they didn't nerf the Lancer.....

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-04, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I wouldnt say its going to be more appealing. Rather I am going to be FORCED to drop my assault buggy to get AV so I can continue to use the Decimator. I am not going to do it because I want to or because I percieve that AV is good now. AV is still going to be shite and I will still be forced to cert it anyway
AV won't be shite, or else you wouldn't be certing it. Deci is AV, and you obviously don't think it sucks, therefore you're looking at certing AV.

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Thats what is so irritating about all you folks missing the point. While moving the Deci to AV "makes sense" it doesnt change the fact that:

A)AV still sucks
B)SA is now super nerfed
C)All dedicated combat grunts instantly lose 3 cert points
A) Has been addressed. Deci is going to be AV, you like Deci, therefore you like AV.
B) Just stop with the ridiculous exaggerations, please. SA is 3 certs, you'll still get 2 (3 with Radiator) useful weapons with that. How many certs is the Bolt Driver? Oh, that's right. It's 3. Odd that you haven't been campaigning about that being unfair, and the Bolt Driver is useful in far less situations than the Rocklet and Thumper are useful. How about you just be glad about how long you had it entirely too good instead of complaining that it's now far more even?
C) I'm pretty confident they can adjust. The playerbase for the most part received free certs when they started grouping vehicles and MAXs. This makes sense, and people are whining because they like the Deci and don't want to have to change the way they play. BDMJ seems to be the only person I've seen who pretty much just admits that it makes sense but he doesn't like it because it will negatively impact him personally.
Old 2004-02-04, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
ChemicalHex
Private

I kind of saw the Lancer nerf coming though. When you're cutting through snipers with an AV weapon like a hot knife through butter, something is wrong
Old 2004-02-04, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

mmmm....true.....but its the snipers faults really, they just can't aim proper...

Old 2004-02-04, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

What the fuck is with this SOE bashing? What makes you think it's a fix to AV? You can't fix AV unless you fix the shitty empire weapons. The Decimator has been, and always should have been, an AV weapon. That's where it belonged from the get-go, and even one of the developers agreed.

You use the Decimator for what? Taking out MAXes and the occasional vehicle.

You use the empire-specific AV weapon for what? Taking out MAXes and the occasional vehicle.

I fail to see what this crybaby bitching and SOE/PS developer bashing will accomplish. The Decimator's ONLY positive feature is the massive damage it does. It's a dumbfire weapon- I dare you to try hitting a fast-moving target in a hot combat environment. And I guarantee you, if you're shooting any anything with a worthy driver and worthy gunner, you're going to get your ass waxed. And if not, then the dude deserved to get Decimator'd
Old 2004-02-04, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Indeed. The Lancer just sucks now at anything that isnt a light buggy/MAX/Lightning. If your wasting your time firing clip after clip after clip after clip on heavy vehicles then you would be a lot better off using Decimators and just try to lead them. Sometimes you can hit mossies and reavers, but in that case its mostly supression fire. At least the striker is 10x better at scaring away aircraft and even sometimes vehicles. The strongest role a Lancer has is killing Skyguards but you can do that with anything. Neither has the capabilities of the Phoenix. Constantly pounding AMSs, repairing vehicles, and Vehicle terminals in enemy bases makes the Phoenix the clear king of AV
Old 2004-02-04, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
ChemicalHex
Private

Agreed. The lancer was never good at hitting anything in the air besides a galaxy. Whenever i saw a reaver it was like instant death. You might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye, and send the guy a tell say "your welcome, for the free bep.".
Old 2004-02-04, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

My favorite use for the lancer has always been the quick removal of spitfires. No weapon takes them out faster at distance. Combine that with a thumper full of EMP grenades and you can negate CE in a few seconds. I still see benefit to spending all 6 cert points to have both weapons.
Old 2004-02-04, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by Firefly
What the fuck is with this SOE bashing? What makes you think it's a fix to AV? You can't fix AV unless you fix the shitty empire weapons. The Decimator has been, and always should have been, an AV weapon. That's where it belonged from the get-go, and even one of the developers agreed.

You use the Decimator for what? Taking out MAXes and the occasional vehicle.

You use the empire-specific AV weapon for what? Taking out MAXes and the occasional vehicle.

I fail to see what this crybaby bitching and SOE/PS developer bashing will accomplish. The Decimator's ONLY positive feature is the massive damage it does. It's a dumbfire weapon- I dare you to try hitting a fast-moving target in a hot combat environment. And I guarantee you, if you're shooting any anything with a worthy driver and worthy gunner, you're going to get your ass waxed. And if not, then the dude deserved to get Decimator'd
If it was always intended to be that way, then why wasn't it always that way? I'll bet you're one of the smacktards who believes it is ok to revise history because it is easier than admitting you lied or were wrong in the first place. The balance pass was the time to make changes like this, and if we have to live with the spectre of having our favourite loadouts and character setups being pulled out from under us at random points in the future, why bother paying these people money to "improve" the game? Give me a break, improving the game means fixing the broken parts. Like the Lancer and the Striker. That is where the SOE bashing comes from, because it is clear (to all but the willfully ignorant) that this is a clever attempt at sidestepping the real problem and the potentially difficult steps needed to resolve it properly.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion