The Vindicators (VS) are recruiting for PS2. [NA] - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm not aloud to talk to strangers online.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2012-04-12, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Darkace
Private

Re: The Vindicators (VS) are recruiting for PS2.

Hey guys,
It is really tough to say what my favorite planetside moment is. There are so many different stories of mass infantry drops on bases from sanct to massive gal drops to huge rolling armored convoys to steady advance of massed infantry across the rolling hills of planetside. What all these different situations have in common though is that no matter what mission the vindicators were given we adapted and accomplished the mission becoming masters of every kind of warfare in planetside.
Old 2012-04-13, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Today I've been updating our tactics site, which you can find through my signature.

Specifically I have added:
  • Tactical task and purpose page following discussion with DarkAce.
  • Resource details to the Strategy page following the discussion my Vindicators had with Matt Higby at PAX East.
  • Details added to territory capture mechanics in the same section, following analysis on the PSU forums by Malorn.
  • Fancy header for the front page
Old 2012-04-13, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TheBTron
Private

Misc Info

Very nice interview

Scott
TheBTron
Old 2012-04-13, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Looks like your forum is down for maintenance at the moment but you guys look like just the outfit I'm looking for.

I started PS1 in the open beta with the Vana Sovereignty being my first empire despite aweful weapons to begin with (40 round clip Quasar, 2 ammo per AV shot, Beamer and Pulsar ticklers - common pool empire anyone? ).

VS still feels like 'home' to me if you get what I mean and I intend to go into PS2 as VS.

I'm also based in the UK, however, I don't get an enormous amount of time to game these days (I hope that doesn't matter?) but the time I do get I want to be organised and have fun!

I'm a pretty well rounded player but do love MAXs, tank driving/gunning, Galaxy flying, MA/assault rifles, infantry AV and finally sniping in particular.

Happy to sign up if these skills fit your play style and you're interested in another recruit?

Cheers - TerminatorUK
Old 2012-04-14, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheBTron
Private

Misc Info

Sure TerminatorUK just drop by the site and drop a line on the Application section of the forum.

http://www.thevindicators.com/
Old 2012-04-14, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TerminatorUK View Post
I'm also based in the UK, however, I don't get an enormous amount of time to game these days (I hope that doesn't matter?) but the time I do get I want to be organised and have fun!
Lives have changed in the past 9 years; lots of us have grown up and have wives, careers and kids - we want the outfit to be a place where we can log in and get stuff done, no matter how much time we have.
Old 2012-04-14, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Anodak
Private

I remember Barneyninja, Sharpsh0oter, Jevil and I dropping the NC as they tried to enter through the back door of a bio-lab. We all were using the bolt driver and had been sniping all across Searhus that day. Still got the screenshot somewhere lol. One of my best memories while with a large Vindies platoon was loading up AV troops and AA max units in a bangbus in search of unfortunate vehicle operators on Oshur? lol

my best story however is too long so i posted it with a proposition of mine in the planetside 2 section of the vindicator forums

Last edited by Anodak; 2012-04-14 at 04:31 PM.
Old 2012-04-14, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Lives have changed in the past 9 years; lots of us have grown up and have wives, careers and kids - we want the outfit to be a place where we can log in and get stuff done, no matter how much time we have.
lol this is exactly the situation for me

When Planetside 1 was in beta, I was at uni, no G/F, kids etc.. and tons of free time.

Now it's very different with a wife, 5-year old and a good career going on
Old 2012-04-14, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DrifterBG
Private

I've been with the Vindicators since the start, and I was there during Outfit Wars on GSK's defense. If I remember correctly, he and I stonewalled anyone who tried to hit the roof. They couldn't get through us no matter how hard they tried.

I have 2 favourite moments in Planetside:

First one was when the islands were new and vehicles were still allowed on them. On the island meant for vehicle combat, all three sides took a base and were bolstering their defenses for what was going to be an EPIC vehicle war.

Having ZeeWeazel (I think) in my mag gunner's seat, we decided to take a look around and take a few pot shots to see what the enemies were up to. We were zooming around and didn't see anything. We went over a dune that lead into a small crater and THERE WERE TONS OF VANGUARDS all crammed in there. Being a magrider, we just travelled over them, with both our guns blazing.

Over voice comms, I remember saying "OH $()# GUYS! THEY'RE ON MY POSITION! A SEA OF VANGUARDS" and they ended up chasing us out of the crater. Pretty sure those at our base saw my lone mag running away from a lot of firepower and our flyers went to work.

The second best was when BarneyNinja and I were leading 2 squads and there saw the 3 day stalemate at Tore was still going on. We were laying siege to it and weren't able to break their defenses.

We got 2 gals together and went over to Cyssor. My galaxy dropped on the roof, and Barney's dropped at the back door. We just dropped, went in, and raped everything inside. Our medics revived any of us who fell.

Our assault was enough to get into the CC and start the hack, our back door offense overwhelmed their defenses allowing us to push them inside of the base. Our fellow VS setup closer AMSes and ran up to support the CC. Within 15 minutes the base was our.

No prouder feeling than 20 of us breaking a 3 day stalemate and getting the job done.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Scioptic
Private

Now signed up to the site and it's great to join you guys

So while everyone is telling war stories, I thought I'd throw one of my own in.

The battle of Tower 29.
So this was way back when I was with my old VS outfit 'ICE'. A squad of us were pinned down inside a lone tower after a large NC army had almost pushed us back to the sea. We were JUST about holding our own, with screams of "STAY AWAY FROM THE DOORS!" and the odd person trying to get a look from the roof and getting their heads blown off. Things were getting desperate, but high command had promised us reinforcements, so we just had to hold out until then!

All of a sudden there was the sound of all hell breaking loose outside the tower. "This is it! We're saved!" we all thought. Cheers from our squad started to broadcast across our communications net and teamspeak. Then we had an ominous message from high command: "We regret that we are unable to provide reinforcements at this time. Troops are still being held up locking down Cyssor. ETA to your position: 30mins." One of my troopers turned to me and said "But if that's not them outside, then who...?" he quickly ran to the roof to try and see what was happening. "It's a whole other army! The TR have just turned up and we're stuck in the middle!" he shouted.
For another 2 more hours we held out, taking shots were we could and keeping the enemy from pushing inside; all before our own VS army came screaming out of the warp gate to take back the bases previously lost.

It may have only been a silly tower, but to us it was our last bastion of VS hope on that whole blasted continent; and to the 29 men and women who walked proudly out of there - it was a day we would never forget.
Old 2012-04-16, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

<S> To The Vindicators. While we won't be working together as we did in DFO (Strumgrenadier), I recall and respect what I have seen of you all. Good luck, and I hope we can push and challenge you when the fight starts.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Darkace
Private

Thanks man, it was always a fun fight against you guys in PS1
Old 2012-04-24, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

We have moved over to Teamspeak 3 partially in preparation for PS2.
Old 2012-04-25, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Darkace
Private

The new TS3 server is up & running now. Anyone interested in joining should register at www.thevindicators.com & join us on team speak to say hi
Old 2012-05-08, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Application posted. Yeehaw!
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty