DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tastes like burning
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-12-06, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
It's about resources and time.

Which is worrisome to say the least... especially when we see corners being cut on something that should be a foundational part of gameplay.
As much as I hate the waiting game, I might be among the few who are happy to wait for "right" more so than "make do". If they have any pride in their work what so ever I'd like to think the former is applicable - but thus far... well the ball hasn't really left the SOE side of the court yet.

Overall though I know a few of the devs have mentioned they don't want to create a single vehicle (Malorn and T-Ray spring to mind at some point having broached that) to fulfill a single role - which to be fair I get that side of the argument however it's kind of moot if the AMS and ANT were on a shared chassis (independently equipped) and expand/establish the sunderer to be more of a troop mover/line smasher/line support vehicle. Yes.. specialization time and meaningful progression! That feeling of the "go to guy" when it comes to a certain task.

I'm not sure ANT runs would be as much of a pain as in PS1 as there's considerably more outpost cluttering the landscape (unfortunately) between main installations - I think they would have to re-evaluate the number of outposts or change some to non-contestable/linked (different topic) to bring the vehicle play (all round) into it - as it is bases are so convenient you could "sprint-hand-carry" the ores from source to power node and that's just dumb....

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion