Internet Stars Ruining or helping PS2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Life through Hamma's eyes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-02, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Internet Stars Ruining or helping PS2?

TB's server Waterson, has always had extremely high TR population. 40% server pop for TR is a norm

I've still yet to see the point of this "event" or any info other then an announcement. I know the holidays are reason for vacation, but give us something.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-01-02 at 10:52 PM.
Old 2013-01-03, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Suitepee
Corporal

Don't really care. If it brings new people that stick around, great! But I'm not bothered about the rest.
Old 2013-01-03, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Definitely not ruining anything. It's just a bit odd, like most actual players I'd only heard of Total Biscuit.

At least Biscuit has TR and player credibility. The VS guy is not my faction leader though, Luperza, T-ray have VS credibility, heck even chain smoking German cave dweller Basti has more claim to being king of Vanu than the random Internet guy they used.
Old 2013-01-03, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Maby attach them to one of the big organized outfits of each empire for a week or two for starters. Let them learn the ropes and develop a genuine interest in the game... yeah, that I could get behind.

This random circus? Not so much.

Any outfits willing to adopt them?
Old 2013-01-03, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zet
Private

If we're talking about swapping leaders, I'd urge them to take a look at SideStrafe and LevelCap, who both have numerous planetside 2 videos, and on top of that, they're actually good at the game.
Old 2013-01-03, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
Maybe but they don't have 3 bazillion youtube channel followers. SOE is just trying to get exposure to that audience is all.
This is precisely what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not to fix issues with the game or solve problems with it.. it's to get exposure and NOTHING more than that. If other people from the community had millions of YT followers then I'm sure they would have been picked.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-03, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
The leader for the VS should be Bill Nye.

LMFAO! I totally agree xD and I think I've seen you on Waterson before... >_>
Old 2013-01-03, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Assist
Contributor
Major

Any exposure is good for the game, in my opinion. I personally had no idea who any of them were prior to this event, now I at least know who TotalBiscuit is although I've still never seen a video of his. I really have no idea who the NC guy is and the VS guy makes me wonder who watches these youtube videos.

I do think that without BRIT on Waterson it would probably be a rather stale server. DVS would dominate as the only extremely large outfit, as I don't think VS has an outfit near their size.
The only downside I see to the e-celebs would be that they attract a lot of trolls. There's more chatter in /yell from TR in any single fight than there is from all my fights against NC since release.
Old 2013-01-03, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Deadulus
Private

I'm all for it. I play waterson NC and killing TR biscuit fanboys has helped me generate certs.
Old 2013-01-03, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Rolfski
Major

There are other Youtubers with big channels that would probably have fitted in better, TB aside. Oh well, as long as it brings in the extra interest in this game, I'm not complaining.
Old 2013-01-03, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

I dont see how this changes anything. Its just a random video with some guys saying things they probably wish nobody else ever saw.

What does this introduce to the game, nothing. Does it bring in anyone to this game - nope. Most people like me probably saw the video and thought it was an inside joke or something. If it wasn't I feel embarrassed for them and the community.
Old 2013-01-03, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
CaptainMittens
Private

Honestly,

Just Put BuzzCut in charge of the TR, EvilPig In charge of the NC, and who ever's running Azure Twilight in charge of the VS.

Make a completely new Server for the event. Make every new character BR 50 with 50k certs.

Let people create characters on the server ahead of time. Then Turn the server on for 4 hours. Who ever has the most combined resource ticks between the 3 continents at the end wins. Holding a buff gives you a flat bonus to your score, like +150 points.
Old 2013-01-03, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Srixun
Corporal

Originally Posted by CaptainMittens View Post
Honestly,

Just Put BuzzCut in charge of the TR, EvilPig In charge of the NC, and who ever's running Azure Twilight in charge of the VS.

Make a completely new Server for the event. Make every new character BR 50 with 50k certs.

Let people create characters on the server ahead of time. Then Turn the server on for 4 hours. Who ever has the most combined resource ticks between the 3 continents at the end wins. Holding a buff gives you a flat bonus to your score, like +150 points.
Evil pig in charge of NC? No Im NC and I want to win. not him plz. kthnx. try checking out Dzire, who leads CML, Way better.

Buzz would be fine for TR, since he emphasized thier strength, the zerg.

They need to push more of a community thing rather than American Idol, with a bunch of subpar players... imo.

I hoped it would be something like, they both pick enough players for a platoon, and play against each other, seeing who can do what.

Last edited by Srixun; 2013-01-03 at 01:09 PM.
Old 2013-01-03, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Stanis View Post
I believe the adage goes "there's no such thing as bad publicitity".
^This. Can't see any harm in getting more people interested in the game; sure, some will leave but others will stay.

And I never care about being outnumbered on a server; if the enemy are at our gates, time to break out the sniper rifle and go hunting!
Old 2013-01-03, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

TR on Waterson hasn't really changed because TB has had his outfit there since launch so all his fanboi's were already there.. they aren't too much of a problem because when TB logs 2/3rds leave.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion