Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2 [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wow, you could use that thing as a tripod.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-30, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lostlogic
Private

Lightbulb Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2 [NA]

Sturmgrenadier - Using combined arms to drive the New Conglomerate line of battle!

Sturmgrenadier (SG) is embodiment of combined arms, relying upon all three service branches to strike the enemy in large-scale, coordinated assaults. Armor, air and infantry are all part of the Sturmgrenadier approach to battle. Sturmgrenadier has the discipline and experience to oppose the mindless zerg push, and the strength to crush smaller and less effective opponents.

Rolling armor columns, devastating air cavalry, fierce air superiority fighters, and highly mobile and flexible infantry units are all part of our cohesive strategic and tactical gameplay. This is what makes our enemies fear and respect us:

“The first time I watched the Sturmgrenadiers put together a true combined arms mass assault on a base with coordinated pincer movements, heavy armor columns, and calculated air attack waves. Just amazing.” - Dave Georgeson, Planetside Producer

“If you play as NC and aren't a member of SG you're doing a disservice to yourself. It's as simple as that.” - BuzzCutPsycho, The Enclave, Leader

“If you are looking for a large organized and effective outfit on NC, you need look no further than SG. While we had a lot of small skilled outfits in NC Emerald, SG was our backbone of progress.” - Malorn, The Enclave, Executive Officer

Sturmgrenadier brings together a combination of leaders with real-world military and corporate experience, a command staff dedicated to making gaming fun, and a player base that is driven to work as a team to complete their objectives. When eight galaxies loaded with troops drop over a heavily contested objective, or when an armor column rolls through an enemy choke point with heavy air cav support, there is no room for anyone who isn’t playing with the team. If you enjoy fighting alongside friends and comrades to drive back the enemy, then Sturmgrenadier is the outfit for you! No matter how many Sturmgrenadier soldiers are on the battlefield, rest assured that every squad is operating on its own initiative to meet its objectives. Squads win battles, and Sturmgrenadier leads its squads to victory!

The Sturmgrenadier Way

Sturmgrenadier stretches across many games, but there is a common set of values that bind all Sturmgrenadier members together:

Respect; all SG members abide by the Sturmgrenadier Charter and the Code of Conduct. SG members do not disrespect, trash-talk, or otherwise insult other members or the gaming community at large. Our actions speak for us.

Communications; to fight as a team, SG members must communicate effectively. When you see 200 Sturmgrenadiers assaulting a facility, their communications are organized and coordinated towards winning the fight. Individual members are trained in the appropriate use of communication protocols for different combat situations, and commanders are coordinating with each other in real-time using our professional-grade, rack mounted Teamspeak servers. Communication and coordination is the key to victory, and it’s a lesson we learned long ago.

Camaraderie; Many SG members have been playing together for 5 or even 10 years. The command staff and the entire membership work to build high morale and a strong esprit des corps. SG holds assemblies in real-life, prize drawings and giveaways at the holidays, and works to provide a strong sense of family. When our members have fallen in real-life, we have taken the time to honor them in our own way. When our members have found great joy in their lives, we celebrate along with them. Our newest members find fast friends, and our veterans call one another family. This sense of family binds us together, more than any one video game ever could.

Discipline and Teamwork; Sturmgrenadier isn’t like being in the real military, but we are a team, and we train and play as a cohesive unit. SG command staff train members in every aspect of combat, from basic squad tactics to large combined arms strategies. When Sturmgrenadier takes the field of battle, we move together, work together, plan together, and have fun together. There are no super hero players or domineering generals in our ranks, only team-mates succeeding together.

Leadership; We play as a team, and every great team needs great coaches and play-callers. Sturmgrenadier commanders and squad leaders work together closely to develop battle plans that carry our members to victory. We promote from within, and everyone in SG is given the chance to show their quality as a commander. If you have the right mindset and skills, you could find yourself leading a squad, a platoon, and an entire battlefield. Being an outfit founder or veteran are not qualifications for command, so anyone can rise to the heights of leadership if they have what it takes. Our commanders aren’t chosen to lead because they formed the outfit or have been around forever, they’re chosen because they are the best suited for the challenge of command!

A Long History

Started in 2000 for World War II on-line, Sturmgrenadier was founded on mature players working together and it was this team first mentality that attracted players from all over the world to join. It was a natural progression for SG to look to Planetside as its next challenge and the ranks grew tremendously. From that point on, leaders within SG created additional opportunities for the current member base and have been able to recruit successfully for each subsequent game. Today, we have a presence in many online games. Whether it is a long standing games such as Eve Online and World of Warcraft, or the newest title like Guild Wars 2 (also in the planning stages like PS2), the core of our leadership system is the same: We recruit quality players and through the friendships that are formed, new leaders rise from within to carry on the traditions of team-first organized play.

Many of the members are coming up on their 10-12 year anniversary with SG. We have social gatherings around the Country and are well beyond your typical 'on-line gaming group'.

Discover for yourself the reasons behind our success and sign up to join the last gaming home you'll ever want.

If you're ready to sign up with the New Conglomerate and earn your freedom from the TR and the VS in the ranks of Sturmgrenadier, then apply here:

www.sturmgrenadier.com

Last edited by Lostlogic; 2012-07-18 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added Thread Prefix
Old 2012-03-30, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
YommSG
Private

Re: Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2

Hey all! I know everyone at SG is super excited to get going.

We see a bunch of old names around here, this is going to be great.
Old 2012-03-30, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Welcome back.
Old 2012-03-30, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SG Gonad
Private

Old 2012-03-30, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zerikin Loukbel
Private

Looking forward to the return of PS with SG. I've been running with these guys for over 8 years now.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-30, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Great to see SG back! Y'all made things happen in PS1 for NC! I'll be on the receiving end this time, but looking forward to the professionalism and competitiveness SG will bring.
Old 2012-03-30, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Welcome back SG!
Old 2012-03-30, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
DestinovaSG
Private

Thumbs up Re: Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2

Coming up on my 9th year with SG!

Joined them to play PS1 and can't wait to turn the map whatever color we roll this time around.
Old 2012-03-30, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NCLynx
Major

Glad to see familiar outfit names again
Old 2012-03-30, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Gammit10
Sergeant

Must warm up my med tools. Hey, Malorn!
Old 2012-03-30, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

9 years with SG. Looking forward to seeing all of the old friends and enemies and creating the vibrant and competative community that we all remember.

*Sharpens Mag-cutter*
Old 2012-03-30, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
CannonballGB
Private

We are ridiculously excited for PS2. I've never been so amped for a game in my life.
Old 2012-03-30, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SG Riggs
Private

Planetside is to SG, like gas is to a car... Can't run without it. 10 year vet of SG and I can't believe the best is yet to come... Can't Wait!!!
Old 2012-03-30, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DarkMessiah
Private

You guys were on Emerald right? See you on the battlefield.
Old 2012-03-31, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

*cracks_neck*

*cracks_knuckles*

You ready for this?
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate