Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2 [NA] - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ^This end up.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Re: Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2

Heartvain has produced a fantastic new video for SG, now on YouTube!

http://youtu.be/_ZbfSaFOPwo
Old 2012-06-05, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Aldman View Post
Heartvain has produced a fantastic new video for SG, now on YouTube!

http://youtu.be/_ZbfSaFOPwo
Nice and simple... and only the beginning.
Old 2012-06-05, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

If you are reading these forums instead of watching the live E3 PS2 Livestream, then you are missing out.

The awesomeness: http://www.twitch.tv/TotalBiscuit
Old 2012-06-05, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Gelnika
Private

Noticing some hate on the video there about having to pay to get in, how truthful is this?
Old 2012-06-05, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Mauser101
Sergeant

Gelnika-

There is a $12 per year membership fee. The fee is waived for new members for the first 30 days. You try us on for size while we try you on for size.

The one dollar a month primarily pays for the bandwidth needs of the message forums and our TS3 server (currently have 77 players logged into TS3, no lag...pure awesomsauce) but also includes private servers we rent. We did not always have the fee but it was decided after much discussion and gnashing of teeth that it was preferable to spread the pain over several hundred members rather demand so much of the few who were paying actually rather large amounts out of good will.

Left over money from subs at the end of the year is normally distributed back as a new years raffle/TS3 party.

You are not joining a Planetside 2 outfit if you choose to join. SG currently supports 5 games as official Portals including World of Tanks, World of Warcraft, Planetside 2, Eve Online, Star Wars the Old Republic and our Social Gaming Portal. The last is made up of whatever games SG members are currently interested in at the moment. In Social Gaming there are a lot people logged in to Diablo 3 and the DayZ mod for Arma 2 is getting a decent showing. Over time portals rise in popularity and eventually die. WW2 Online (SGs first game), Lord of the Rings Online, PS1, Pirates of the Burning Sea and a few others all saw there time in the sun and faded away. Sturmgrenadier didn't go anywhere, though. A lot of gaming groups fall apart when their interest in a particular game fades, that doesn't happen with SG. Apart from a few players who either were kicked out or left for their own reasons most of the guys who were in SG when I joined during the PS1 Beta and those who joined shortly thereafter are still kicking around.

If you're interested you can fill out an application at http://www.sturmgrenadier.com/websit...s&SpecName=php.

edit: Dear Lordy, just looking at Aldman's avatar made me stop and actually do the math. I joined 9 years ago in May. The mind, it boggles. I was just a kid freshly out of college.

spelling

Last edited by Mauser101; 2012-06-05 at 09:01 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Gelnika
Private

Thank you for the clarification. Years ago I would never have considered dropping a dime on membership into a dedicated gaming community, but having seen enough willy-nilly gaming groups (with often poor characters within them) rise and fall, I might actually consider paying to ensure a generally more respectful and active group of people to play with. I may give you guys a shot.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Yep, we're a private gaming club for adults, not a charity. Everyone decided to skip 1/3 of a starbucks coffee each month (yeah, they are getting stupid expensive) in order to have some top-notch hardware that won't drop you in the heat of battle. I've been in SG for 9 years as of April (you've got me beat by 20 days, Mauser!) and I've never looked back.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Meatwhistle
Private

9 Years here as well, joined up in the PS1 beta and will never forget some of the best battles I have ever been involved in with any game I have played. SG is a different type of gaming, you wont be disappointed. If you are team oriented and don't mind following orders give us a shot. Cant wait to see everyone on the field. !S
Old 2012-06-06, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
YommSG
Private

For what it's worth. Our membership fee is also the 1st line of defense in making sure we get team oriented mature players. If someone can't see why we have it then it's not going to be a good fit regardless.

Been watching the live streaming at E3 and man is this thing shaping up to be amazing. Team coordination not only among outfits, but BETWEEN outfits is going to be crucial to move the map. You can count on SG being one of the active NC outfits helping out.
Old 2012-06-06, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Pine
Private

I just re-subbed to SG... other than my sub to PS, which I am only occasionally playing, I am not even gaming... I just cant see being without my SG fix daily.

While most of those posting here are crusty to the point of rusty... one of the great features of SG's model is that no portal is "tied" to a single persons personality. Which is to say that, while the PS2 outfit may be run by one person ( or a handful), over time those people can and will change.. and no its not just the old crusties swapping places... new fresh blood is brought into the mix.

think about it... lets say you really want to run a PS2 outfit.. but dont want to deal with the details of running a forum, a voice server, or even being the heavy and telling a member its time to move on... SG supports the portal commander so they can do what really matters... play the game! Hell, don't join SG to follow.. join SG and LEAD!
Old 2012-06-07, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Don't miss today's stream:

http://twitch.TV/totalbiscuit
Old 2012-06-07, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Congrats to the Devs! "Best in Show" at E3 from Game Informer
Old 2012-06-08, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
TeaReks
Private

I'm glad to see Sturmgrenadier making a return to PS2.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TeaReks View Post
I'm glad to see Sturmgrenadier making a return to PS2.
I love the avatar. I would love it more if it were blue and gold
Old 2012-06-09, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Testing the new sig
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate