TRG - Highly Organized, Heavy Infantry | Connery Server - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The internet ends here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2012-03-12, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Re: TRG on Markov is recruiting!

An old write up by one of our members Ahastar, once featured in a previous edition of Planetside's Player of the Month postings:

Originally Posted by Ahastar
Aaaaah yes, the glorious victory.
Here it is from my eyes.

The moment the bell rang us into battle, TRG went off like a machine. Troops scattered out of the spawn room. Squad Orange and Purple fielding the first set of Prowlers and were off of the road while Shidhe packed the gold squad into his clown car AMS. And off we rolled!

I think one of the most important factors in our success was our outstanding tank team. What impressed me the most was not even your fighting strength or your perfectly performed pack play. No, what really underlines your quality is the fact that you took five, six of the most slow to man, most slow to drive vehicles in the game and drove them to the doorstep of our enemy before they could even get their Vanguard team ready. Despite the one man crew requirement and despite the higher top speed. That alone tells whole stories about how good you are. Please keep it rolling. Not even for the glory of TRG, but because for me to see the beauty of how good a Prowler can possible be. Thank you.

At this point I am afraid I cannot offer further stories of our tank team, simply because I was a member of the shock troopers in the gold squad. Shidhe drove off and we waited patiently in the spawn room, ready to decon after having finished CE fortifications on our own base. I flipped open the map to read the battle. The tactic was perfect: Our Prowler crew met their cavalry at the south door. The hotspots burned and Shidhe took that chance to, with all his experience, drive that AMS behind a well situated hill right out of the backdoor sited SOI. The order was issued, squad gold deconed to the AMS and, for the first time, we rushed in to annihilate their generator.

Honestly, with the entire gold and small parts of the orange squad around me, Sardus at my right and Jedi at my left shoulder, I was rather certain this was already endgame. Bodies of our foes piled up at every doorstep leading to their generator, badly screaming for help. You simply do not casually walk into a TRG gen hold and expect to live. Everyone at my side not only had the sheer personal quality of a veteran, no, our outstanding teamplay easily made us more than the sum of our individual talent. Single AMEDs rushed to aid the fallen while the rest covered the doors. Ammunition was deployed and shared. Sharp bullets were fired. In the end though due to dedicated AMS work and one final all platoon push, Section 8 managed to storm in. In the hectic of the battle my gaze narrowed and all I recall is the guzzling of MCG belts and the bolts from my driver and Jedi's next to me rushing though the air with razor grim delight! In the end though him and me were the only two left still standing. The reason was simple: Being snipers, we stood the farthest in the back. We managed to retreat into the gen room, knowing it was over, but determined to let them pay in blood. I don't recall know how many we took out in there together, but I still remember my Punisher eating through two before I fell next to Jedi.

On and on the battle went. New concepts and ideas were formed. The prime example being deploying an AMS next to a tower to hack out Maxes from it while still playing by the rule of the game. And off I started with my own mobile spawn vehicle. I took the same route Shidhe employed when he opened up the clown car show. I met an enemy AMS on the street, headed towards our base and gave him the V-V-W while driving to his. Eventually I deployed precisely at the same spot Shidhe used back at the beginning. I was alone and their backdoor was well CEd. Taking a safe distance and spot behind a dried out tree I polished off both my Bolt Driver and my plat sniping merit and went off on the tremendous task of sharpshooting down helpless immobile objects like Spits and Sensors. After that heroic task I tried to rush into the backdoor, but a certain Vanny's 150mm apparently had objections towards my plan. Or it didn't like my face. Either way, the result was the same.

But the fight was not yet over. Convinced that I was shot into the realm of eternal STFU, the Vanny drove off on its merry way, little did it suspect me having my good ol' buddy AMS with me. I spawned again. The CE was still destroyed of course and the way was free. And not just for me! I have no idea how and where LadyWolf came from. It wasn't from my AMS and he can't have used a Skeeter either since he arrived at their BD in REXO. But honestly, who cares! A friend during a rough time, that is what was needed. I grabbed my gen sabotage gear consisting of 8 ACEs, my Bolt Driver and my jammer packed Punisher and joined Lady down on the second generator tour.

We arrived in the cellar uninterrupted, unnoticed even. Lady hacked us in while I got the ACEs ready. Truth be told, we both acted as if we were utter freshmen due to the meaning of the task at hand. Lady fired the Striker into the Generator once, thus of course alerting the entire base while I tried to set up my instant nuke boomer array. Now I did that hundreds of times and I *dare* anyone to say he could deploy one faster than me, but this time my fingers just shivered. Knowing that most likely half of Section 8 was on the way to us due to the warning the base issued about its generator in striked distress didn't help either. And sure enough, the first infantryman arrived. LadyWolf tried to hunt him down with the MCG, but a Jackhammer at narrow space is a Jackhammer at narrow space. Getting desperate I jammed the Boomers I had ready so far, knowing it wouldn't be enough but hoping for the best. The generator survived.

Lady, I thank you for wounding that Section 8 member that badly with your MCG that I was able to switch my Punisher to 9mm and make short work of him even without a battle nade inside of it to help me out. The fact that you managed to drive your enemy's health down like that gave me the time I needed to place two more Boomers and trigger them. I didn't make it out of the generator alive any more, but nor did my foes. For the second time of the night, the NC tech center was back in the Stone Age. Was it fate that this gen nuke happened precisely at the time our dedicated Prowler team entered their courtyard? I do not know, but it was incredible luck. With no chance to gather armor due to the lack of power, our cavalry took the Courtyard, our Ground Support drove no less than four AMS into their very hearts and our predatory infantry hunted the few survivors down within their very home. Their neck was broken!

Our enemies got nervous and accidentally broke a vital rule, thus having their team weakened even more by the consequences. They never gave up though. We had to struggle to the very last second to keep our hack going, but to make it simple: Once TRG has its stationary defense deployed including MAXes, you frankly do not take the position from us if you do not have more manpower. Since we were outnumbering them by that time due to their unlucky tower capturing, overwhelming us was not an option and we took in an impressive victory. From second 1 we were on the offense, never to lose it again. The few base hacks we received were quickly killed down. The day was ours. TRG: I am glad and honored to be a part of you! You have talent, you have teamplay, you have incredible discipline! Keep all of it up because...more foes will linger.

Last edited by Sardus; 2012-03-13 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2012-03-13, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Original post updated, thanks Hamma!
Old 2012-03-13, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

np!
Old 2012-03-16, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
megamold
Second Lieutenant

will TRG have a europe division in ps2?
not sure about the whole region locking thing.

Last edited by megamold; 2012-03-16 at 03:07 PM.
Old 2012-03-17, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

We have several European members. Ahastar, the one who posted that write up above lives and plays from Germany. Last I heard they are NOT doing region locking after everyone complained. You won't have any problem finding TRG members to play with during your play schedule - we have people on all throughout the day.
Old 2012-03-23, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

www.trggaming.net is temporarily down. It will return soon.
Old 2012-03-23, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Onoes! Clogged internet tubes

I feel your pain
Old 2012-03-24, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

LOL someone forgot to pay the bill :P it's back up now
Old 2012-03-31, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Thanks Shock, that means a hell of a lot to hear. Big ditto back to Future Crew - best Vanu we've ever fought by far (and damn HARD buggers to kill too).

Also, p.s. no more reaver or mossie whoring for you or sky... but the scythe looks damn awesome. Also, do some of your guys play Natural Selection 2? i think i ran into a few
Yea, i gotta go with Shock, there's always something to whore.
Old 2012-04-05, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Welcome to our two newest members: Vinious and Shrike
Old 2012-04-12, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Just wanted to say 'hi' here. I'm planning on starting PS2 as TR, and you guys seem like a fun lot. I've already registered on your site and filled out my application.

PS2 priority beta access key is locked and loaded!!
Old 2012-04-12, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Already approved you on the forums. Previous Ultima Online vets like myself are an AUTOMATIC in
Old 2012-04-15, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Original post updated.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Welcome to our newest member, Servo!