Cash Shop Content at Launch - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The debil made me do it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How important is Visual Customization at launch?
1 10 11.24%
2 3 3.37%
3 4 4.49%
4 8 8.99%
5 13 14.61%
6 4 4.49%
7 7 7.87%
8 12 13.48%
9 2 2.25%
10 26 29.21%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-25, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Re: Cash Shop Content at Launch

Personally I'd go with a 1, but I clicked 8. While its not important to me at all, it is something they mention in every interview. A lot of people are going to be coming in expecting lots of customization options, so they need to have quite a bit of that stuff up and functional.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

I'll pick up an XP boost on day 1 (assuming the servers aren't crashing left, right, and center), but I probably won't spend a lot of time browsing the shop until a few days later.
Old 2012-05-25, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Graywolves
General

As much as they can have ready for launch. More stuff to buy is more income for them, more money faster is sooner they can start doing amazing awesome stuff.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mezorin
Corporal

I picked a 7, because "Sell Concert tickets before T-shirts" is how the developers should be focusing their attention to launch. While having infantry camo, vehicle camo, vehicle side grades and some nifty scopes for my Gauss Rifle are nice, they won't mean anything if the game doesn't 'work' in the first few critical weeks of launch.

That said, make a kick ass game I'm more than happy to toss 15 a month at it buying goodies for my tank or infantry gear when I play regularly. Good game = developers get our monies for random fun visual customizations
Old 2012-05-26, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
NCLynx
Major

With 1 being bare minimum and 10 being a totally stocked store with f-ing everything on release, I put 5.

As long as there is stuff I can buy on release I'm fine with it, it's not like I'm going to buy it all at once anyway.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Wanderer
Private

I hope there is a large variety, enough to let people be as unique as they feel they need to be. I want Planetside2 to be successful fiscally, so I'd be happy to lay down 50 bucks if there was a bunch of packs.

What I will be truly disappointed in, is if I have to buy the same cool pattern for EVERY unit type and vehicle. Once I buy a Camo pattern it MUST be able to be used on everything I could get in. I'll see it as an utter rip off otherwise. I'll understand if some patterns are exclusive to say, a Mosquito or MAX unit, but a standard Camo scheme MUST have ubiquitous access across all options. Obviously helmets and armour pieces will be relatively unique to each unit.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Its not that WE would need the shop, THEY need the shop to make money.... so from my point of view, the beta can start even without stuff like that. But SOE will know how to make it's money, Im sure about that :>
Old 2012-05-26, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

10 for me, i'm a sucker for customization, it's like i'm an addict... must buy moar!!
I love to fine tune my character visually and I have been known to take way too long to make my character and subsequently modifying it in game on a regular basis.

I would understand however if customization is limited at launch.

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
CrossFire
Private

I want them to make $$ so I plan on buying a few things - just like I did to support Tribes Ascend.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

I'd definitely buy the old voice macros, a booster and some skins at launch. I don't think I would buy anything during beta without assurances that all my purchases will be refunded at release (ie back to Station Cash), since whatever things I buy in beta could and should be subject to change. It's a beta after all.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Well since it's their only source of revenue I guess it'll be very important...
That's right. For me it's a 1, but for SOE it's assuredly a big 10.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
MgFalcon
Captain

I'm gold plating all my weapons as soon as I can
Old 2012-05-26, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Pyreal
First Sergeant

I'll only buy things for this simple reason: to support the Devs that made this awesome game!
Old 2012-05-26, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Same I want to support the game, and if I get to look a little more unique then that's a bonus.

Old 2012-05-26, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kaw
Corporal

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
What do you think about not have 3rd person view of your character or ground vehicle in regards to value of the cash shop cosmetic items?
I think that people will still have plenty of desire for the items. We have seen across several games that people go crazy over cosmetic changes. Even in games like the more recent installments of the Halo series, which are played exclusively in the first person, people jumped through all sorts of hoops to unlock cosmetic changes. Perhaps a better example would be the TF2 hat store which uses a system similar to the one proposed for PS2.

I'd expect a respectable percentage of players will be willing to drop a couple bucks to stand out or to fit in with their outfit.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion