How about Gal pilots? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Watch your step
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-26, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: How about Gal pilots?

You get XP when someone that dropped from your Gal kills someone. Was like that in PS, i imagine it is like that in PS2.
Old 2012-05-26, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zenben View Post
I think this could be an awesome implementation of the mission system: A squad leader calls for an evac for his squad. Those with Gal pilot certifications see the mission, and can accept it. Only one pilot can accept it, so as to avoid overlap. Pilot flies to the squad, picks them up, and SL sets a destination through the mission system. Once the squad arrives safely at the destination, the pilot is awarded mission experience.
Actually even though I find this scenario cool this most probably won't be possible for very simple reason - why would infantry team want evac in the first place? The worst case scenario is that they'll die and get respawned in 20 seconds, if there won't be a death penalty system (many peeps here threw sticks and stones at me for mentioning that possibility) staying alive won't really be important at all (except for k/d ratio), and thus waiting for a evac would actually be a complete waste of time for infantry.

PS1 system with shared xp from kills sounds fair enough and it doesn't give an opportunity for abuse.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-05-26 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Actually even though I find this scenario cool this most probably won't be possible for very simple reason - why would infantry team want evac in the first place? The worst case scenario is that they'll die and get respawned in 20 seconds, if there won't be a death penalty system (many peeps here threw sticks and stones at me for mentioning that possibility) staying alive won't really be important at all (except for k/d ratio), and thus waiting for a evac would actually be a complete waste of time for infantry.

PS1 system with shared xp from kills sounds fair enough and it doesn't give an opportunity for abuse.
Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe the evac portion was just wishful thinking. Though you could still call for a pickup at a base for an offensive drop on an enemy location.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Zekeen
Major

As a dedicated Galaxy pilot fanatic.... I am LOVIN this thread! I'd definitely like some transport exp!
Old 2012-05-26, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe the evac portion was just wishful thinking. Though you could still call for a pickup at a base for an offensive drop on an enemy location.
... It's a great idea for one small reason (the others are just there for the feeling of being dropped off like a boss)

Spawn 1 galaxy, and serve the purpose of 12 reavers that would be spent crashing somewhere anyway ( I'm talking about just using reavers etc. as small 1 man transports that just crash anyway). It's a great system especially if the faction needs to conserve resources at any point.

Besides, 1 galaxy with 1 mission doesn't sound interesting. But what about 3 or 4? around 50 people dropped off at one point just with 4 galaxies, that's definitely worth it IMO.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Shogun
Contributor
General

yes. i was thinking of this as a method of organizing attack drops. you get a galaxy and set your target as a mission to attract others to do the same. this could be done with the mission system. and having a full squad ready for a pickup and calling for a squad-external galpilot for a drop is also needed sometimes if you don´t want to leave someone behind. it also caters for dedicated support outfits who could take the role to bring other full squads into battle.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-05-26, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
DayOne
Captain

The mission system will be perfect for gal drops. Organising them in PS1 was usually a pain in the backside when not in an outfit.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
The mission system will be perfect for gal drops. Organising them in PS1 was usually a pain in the backside when not in an outfit.
A pain? Random galdrops were frigging useless!

Its like loading your gal with a bunch of rocks and dropping them over a base. Just NOTHING happend after that.

But the transport guys who got people quickly from A to B were awesome, loved them, saved me loads of time traveling by ANT.
And i would love to see rewards for those guys. Even tho it may be pointless to transport people around in PS2, given you can pretty much spawn everywhere. :/
Old 2012-05-26, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Truemedic
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Even tho it may be pointless to transport people around in PS2, given you can pretty much spawn everywhere. :/

I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quick on that one basti. I have the feeling spawns will be limited to a hex and if you wanted to travel to a different hex you would have to decontruct and head back to the foothold then take a pod to another hex if you didn't feel like walking

Although it does sound tedious but it's just an idea to make air transport a more valuable option.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Truemedic; 2012-05-26 at 08:53 PM.
Old 2012-05-26, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

If you look at the footage of almost every video, I don't see a huge amount of spawn locations. ???
Old 2012-05-26, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
... It's a great idea for one small reason (the others are just there for the feeling of being dropped off like a boss)

Spawn 1 galaxy, and serve the purpose of 12 reavers that would be spent crashing somewhere anyway ( I'm talking about just using reavers etc. as small 1 man transports that just crash anyway). It's a great system especially if the faction needs to conserve resources at any point.

Besides, 1 galaxy with 1 mission doesn't sound interesting. But what about 3 or 4? around 50 people dropped off at one point just with 4 galaxies, that's definitely worth it IMO.
Well if I'm remembering correctly, the devs alluded to platoons being back in the game. So a platoon leader could call for multiple galaxies to pick up the entire group of 30+ people for a drop on a base. A coordinated drop like that could change the tide of a battle.
Old 2012-05-26, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Well if I'm remembering correctly, the devs alluded to platoons being back in the game. So a platoon leader could call for multiple galaxies to pick up the entire group of 30+ people for a drop on a base. A coordinated drop like that could change the tide of a battle.
Even better!

Platoons = large scale flanking opportunities, all sorts of stuff
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion